Miss USA 2009 Controversy

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#31New Post! Jan 29, 2015 @ 22:01:32
This has only just flagged up due to the above comment.

She made a comment that caused her to lose.
At least that proves she was being honest.

In my eyes, that is too be respected given the situation, regardless of actual views or outcome, she is honest and upfront.
chaski On about 7 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#32New Post! Jan 29, 2015 @ 22:05:06
@Hypnotica Said

This has only just flagged up due to the above comment.

She made a comment that caused her to lose.
At least that proves she was being honest.

In my eyes, that is too be respected given the situation, regardless of actual views or outcome, she is honest and upfront.

I agree.

She first said "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage."

Then gave her personal preference.

Basically she supported the rights of gays and lesbians, even though she disagreed with their choices.

Much better than most politicians and religious leaders....and some on TFS.

Banned

#33New Post! Jan 29, 2015 @ 22:16:03
@chaski Said

I agree.

She first said "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage."

Then gave her personal preference.

Basically she supported the rights of gays and lesbians, even though she disagreed with their choices.

Much better than most politicians and religious leaders....and some on TFS.

I was under the understanding, you could choose the marraige, it just wasnt officially recognised. So she stated a fact.

Then she gave her opinion.

So different things.

Im actually trying to be serious here.
Stalker

#34New Post! Jan 29, 2015 @ 22:22:07
@Hypnotica Said

I was under the understanding, you could choose the marraige, it just wasnt officially recognised. So she stated a fact.

Incorrect.

Until recently, and now only in some states, "you" could not "choose".

Gay and Lesbians were NOT allowed to get married.... not legally.

Some of our states, but NOT all of them, have recently changed the relevant laws.

Why?

Because of two (2) things:

1. The prohibition of same sex marriage is unconstitutional (as in contrary to our U.S.A Constitution), and

2. Because some people decided to stand up for their rights and say something, as opposed to (metaphorically) going to the gas chamber without a fight.

Banned

#35New Post! Jan 29, 2015 @ 22:29:43
@chaski Said

Incorrect.

Until recently, and now only in some states, "you" could not "choose".

Gay and Lesbians were NOT allowed to get married.... not legally.

Some of our states, but NOT all of them, have recently changed the relevant laws.

Not legally, so they still could. Not being an arse, Im just super pedantic about these things. And I like things to be stated clearlty and specifically otherwise I will rip it apart.

Banned

#36New Post! Jan 29, 2015 @ 22:30:51
Oh and this started in 2009. No wonder 30 odd comments appeared out of nowhere
Stalker

#37New Post! Jan 29, 2015 @ 22:31:54
@Hypnotica Said

Not legally, so they still could. Not being an arse, Im just super pedantic about these things. And I like things to be stated clearlty and specifically otherwise I will rip it apart.

See this is the thing... and goes to another topic we both are posting on...

This woman said something that was viewed as politically incorrect... but only because people did not pay attention to everything that she said.

Ultimately she said for me personally I am not pro same sex marriage.

But she also clearly stated that one of the things that makes the USA great is that people have a choice, so some can choose to support same sex marriage.

She actually picked a personal position and still allowed for everyone else to have their opinion also.

This is at the core of the other topic we have been discussing.... can a man marry a man and can a woman marry a woman.

This woman gave a personal opinion, but did not try to dictate to other what they do or do not do.

The problem, as presented in the other topic, is that certain people from certain religions don't just want to have their own opinion. The want to subject everyone else to their opinion.

It is actually a bit sad that this woman to so much grief for both having an opinion, but also allowing others to have theirs.

This would arguably be the true christian spirit....but sadly is not.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#38New Post! Jan 30, 2015 @ 01:11:11
@Hypnotica Said

You are being an ass, and if you were being "super pedantic" about things you would use apostrophes and the correct form of "there, their and they're" in your posts.

But, in the interest of being "super pedantic", here in the US, if you can't get married legally, you can't get married, so your first statement is completely incorrect, on absolutely every level.
carelt1985 On June 25, 2016

Chesterfield, Missouri
#39New Post! Mar 14, 2015 @ 08:52:01
After nearly 6 years, I decided to view the posts that I created when I was younger. Looking at this thread and thinking back, Carrie Prejean was entitled to her opinion. She wasn't a wicked person for stating marriage should be between a man and a woman. First, she's a heterosexual female who doesn't understand what it's like to be attracted to a member of the same sex. Secondly, I was raised as a devout Christian. In addition, as for Perez Hilton, he was obnoxiously rude afterwards and shouldn't have asked a question if he would likely be upset with the other answer. Carrie Prejean has the right to say what she believes in, whether for gay marriage or not.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#40New Post! Mar 14, 2015 @ 11:27:51
@Hypnotica Said

And I like things to be stated clearlty....

Indeed.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs