Online Scams

Fraud Alert

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#1New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 21:33:12
If we're Facebook friends, you may have seen this when I posted last night.

Beware scam phone calls from 213-457-3672. Just got one claiming to be from the Treasury Department (wrong agency name for starters). Claiming they're taking legal action against me and wanting attorney info. So I googled the number and there are a bunch of scam phone calls reported from the number. Second red flag was him telling me that he couldn't give me any information. Third red flag was him telling me I had to call his supervisor...and gave me the number he called from as a direct line. Gave a different name on the answering machine than he gave my mom and then gave me a third different name. And finally, government agencies send letters in the mail. They don't make phone calls at 8 pm.

I turned this information in to the sheriff's department today and there is also a notification on the IRS website addressing these phone calls. I'm encountering a lot of people who have said they've gotten the same calls. There are a number of complaints against the phone number and all of them sound identical. Just beware. They'll try to scare you into giving them information. He actually scared me at first, telling me there's a warrant out for me and all this crap, but a quick call to the sheriff's office confirmed that there is no such warning (just as I thought). I also found an article that talked about a news network calling the number back and the person on the other end hanging up when they started pushing for information.
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#2New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 23:27:49
It was in my local news three weeks ago about these scams.
Seems as so the old refund scams from last year are now played out.
Thanks for letting us know.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Mar 03, 2015 @ 23:44:25
last night, my local news, they were talking about something like this on news. i catch a little bit of it last night. do heard a lot of fault scams on the internet and news, you just be cause . that all you can do.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs