2014 Midterm Election Results Thread & Discussion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#61New Post! Nov 12, 2014 @ 09:21:33
@shinobinoz Said

Nope. You would have come out and answered it knowing that your first effort was found lacking. Thus you dodged yet again.

Then explain, because I don't know what you mean
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#62New Post! Nov 12, 2014 @ 14:38:06
"To the two-thirds of voters who chose not to participate in the process yesterday, I hear you, too."

---some guy
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#63New Post! Nov 12, 2014 @ 23:21:41
@crazylikeafox Said

Then explain, because I don't know what you mean

Show us the breakdown of the two candidates & the negative v positive ads of each. Other than that- It must only be your bias as to it supposedly being so loop sided.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#64New Post! Nov 12, 2014 @ 23:23:14
@GreenAppleKing Said

"To the two-thirds of voters who chose not to participate in the process yesterday, I hear you, too."

---some guy

What? You think the President should only be for those who vote?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#65New Post! Nov 12, 2014 @ 23:26:23
"To observers, it was a well-placed rhetorical roadside bomb sending boastful Republicans a powerful message of caution. While top GOP brass from Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) — on standby to take over as Senate Majority Leader — to the avuncular House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) were bragging in torrents of ticker tape about how “the American people spoke,” the results of Tuesday night’s Republican wave showed a different kind of story.
Only 33.9 percent of total voting age Americans voted in what many are describing as one of the most hotly contested and consequential elections in modern political memory. That’s according to the early postmortem analysis from the University of Florida United States Election Project. Out of nearly 230 million voting eligible citizens, barely 83 million bothered participating.
In terms of pure numbers, the concept of a “mandate election” becomes rather doubtful."
https://www.phillytrib.com/news/article_70f03ce1-d0f0-54c3-8825-16a7ce25b554.html

McKinney, Texas
#66New Post! Nov 20, 2014 @ 09:51:15
@shinobinoz Said

Show us the breakdown of the two candidates & the negative v positive ads of each. Other than that- It must only be your bias as to it supposedly being so loop sided.

I can't seem to find that breakdown, and I'm getting too frustrated with Google to keep looking. But if it's my bias, it's a bias shared by many, many Coloradans. Even the Denver Post saw it. There's a reason why Udall was nicknamed "Mark Uterus" by the people while Gardner mostly had jabs at being from Yuma thrown at him.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#67New Post! Nov 21, 2014 @ 05:37:34
@crazylikeafox Said

I can't seem to find that breakdown, and I'm getting too frustrated with Google to keep looking. But if it's my bias, it's a bias shared by many, many Coloradans. Even the Denver Post saw it. There's a reason why Udall was nicknamed "Mark Uterus" by the people while Gardner mostly had jabs at being from Yuma thrown at him.

Nah. It's the bias.
Cash on hand
UDALL $536,332
GARDNER $1,875,029

Candidate Fundraising
UDALL $15,178,446
GARDNER $10,622,587

Candidate Spending
UDALL $16,000,822
GARDNER $9,212,759

Outside Spending For
UDALL $6,274,693
GARDNER $8,595,883

Outside Spending Against
UDALL $22,845,298
GARDNER $29,797,016
https://realtime.influenceexplorer.com/race/2014/S/CO/2/

DENVER — The closely watched $94 million Colorado Senate race can be seen as a proxy fight between Karl Rove, the co-founder one of the nation’s ur-dark money groups, the conservative Crossroads GPS, and the hedge-fund-guru turned environmental Super PAC sugar daddy Tom Steyer.
Crossroads GPS sunk more money into negative ads against Udall than it did against any other candidate nationwide — $8.7 million.
And NextGen Climate Action Committee, the Super PAC funded largely through more than $55 million in infusions by Steyer, also spent more on negative ads against Gardner than any other candidate — $6.8 million.
Indeed, the two groups spent more than any other outside groups in the race except the more traditional sources of outside money, the party committees. They also nearly matched or outspent those party committees: the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee spent $8.1 million against Gardner; and the National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee, which spent $6 million against Udall.
https://www.coloradoindependent.com/150270/in-colorado-karl-rove-gardner-beats-tom-steyer-udall

McKinney, Texas
#68New Post! Dec 11, 2014 @ 23:22:45
@shinobinoz Said

Nah. It's the bias.
Cash on hand
UDALL $536,332
GARDNER $1,875,029

Candidate Fundraising
UDALL $15,178,446
GARDNER $10,622,587

Candidate Spending
UDALL $16,000,822
GARDNER $9,212,759

Outside Spending For
UDALL $6,274,693
GARDNER $8,595,883

Outside Spending Against
UDALL $22,845,298
GARDNER $29,797,016
https://realtime.influenceexplorer.com/race/2014/S/CO/2/

DENVER — The closely watched $94 million Colorado Senate race can be seen as a proxy fight between Karl Rove, the co-founder one of the nation’s ur-dark money groups, the conservative Crossroads GPS, and the hedge-fund-guru turned environmental Super PAC sugar daddy Tom Steyer.
Crossroads GPS sunk more money into negative ads against Udall than it did against any other candidate nationwide — $8.7 million.
And NextGen Climate Action Committee, the Super PAC funded largely through more than $55 million in infusions by Steyer, also spent more on negative ads against Gardner than any other candidate — $6.8 million.
Indeed, the two groups spent more than any other outside groups in the race except the more traditional sources of outside money, the party committees. They also nearly matched or outspent those party committees: the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee spent $8.1 million against Gardner; and the National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee, which spent $6 million against Udall.
https://www.coloradoindependent.com/150270/in-colorado-karl-rove-gardner-beats-tom-steyer-udall

I wasn't talking about super PACS. Of course they went negative. That's all super PACS ever do. I was talking about the candidates themselves. And with that, Udall was vastly negative while Gardner was vastly positive.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#69New Post! Dec 13, 2014 @ 00:12:52
@crazylikeafox Said

I wasn't talking about super PACS. Of course they went negative. That's all super PACS ever do. I was talking about the candidates themselves. And with that, Udall was vastly negative while Gardner was vastly positive.

you'll have to provide some evidence. I've not seen what you are stating.

McKinney, Texas
#70New Post! Dec 24, 2014 @ 05:25:10
@shinobinoz Said

you'll have to provide some evidence. I've not seen what you are stating.

Well and like I said, I couldn't find evidence one way or the other. The only websites I found wanted to talk about Super PACS as if that was what I was asking for.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#71New Post! Dec 24, 2014 @ 15:52:43
@crazylikeafox Said

Well and like I said, I couldn't find evidence one way or the other. The only websites I found wanted to talk about Super PACS as if that was what I was asking for.

Thanks for trying anyway.
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#72New Post! Dec 26, 2014 @ 03:19:01
It looks like the Republicans are in majority in Congress now(USA). I am sure that there will be some exciting times ahead in Washington. Also, we are going into a big Presidential race. Lets try to get more voters out to the poles next election.

Corey.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#73New Post! Dec 26, 2014 @ 04:37:21
i am hardly interesting ' the president race ' or the other races in the past. i voted omaha last election, but the first time, since bill clinton. he was the second best domcrat president since roosevelt. i was too crazy about rommey or local republican in missouri. i found that i wasting my time, with ohama's vote. i didn't expect that much in second term, because last almost 20 years nothing has change in that office, what's else? if hillary is running for vice-president. i am not interesting in voting. for the bottom line for me, that hardly has much information on any of candiates that is running. with ohama before his running. his bio. was a little paragraph, that was it. that really didn't impress me at all, that was a strong reason why i didn't vote that year. other reason, omaha's view were more like clinton's views than his own. this coming election is going to like others over years, it will be more than horses and carriage races.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#74New Post! Dec 26, 2014 @ 16:28:14
@twilitezone911 Said

i am hardly interesting ' the president race ' or the other races in the past. i voted omaha last election, but the first time, since bill clinton. he was the second best domcrat president since roosevelt. i was too crazy about rommey or local republican in missouri. i found that i wasting my time, with ohama's vote. i didn't expect that much in second term, because last almost 20 years nothing has change in that office, what's else? if hillary is running for vice-president. i am not interesting in voting. for the bottom line for me, that hardly has much information on any of candiates that is running. with ohama before his running. his bio. was a little paragraph, that was it. that really didn't impress me at all, that was a strong reason why i didn't vote that year. other reason, omaha's view were more like clinton's views than his own. this coming election is going to like others over years, it will be more than horses and carriage races.

If there was not much difference- why have the repubs thrown nothing but legislative roadblocks & mislead or outright lie so much about the differences he has succeeded in making? Just wondering? It's not like he really is "King" and can make all of the changes we have been needing.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs