The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Member Forums:
Old TFS

Journey To The Lost Tavern (An RP Adventure)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#1New Post! Jul 21, 2014 @ 23:36:44
So I was out trekking in the outlands of TFS, trying to see if I can relocate the Kingdom of Wayne after it had mysteriously vanished. For those who weren't around in 08-10' to know what I'm talking about or for those who missed out/didn't care, I'll try to tell the story as fast as possible...

So back in the day there was a guy named Wayne who joined who wanted to be king of TFS. Most people thought he was a bit odd and possibly crazy, but I knew what he was planning. After he was more established, he eventually built a kingdom and got a few followers, a queen (feeb), some critics (myself, Saegespaene, Simply) and wild adventures were to be had. He had a viking warrior (worpd) and an elven huntress (Tailkinker) with a squirrel companion (Psycho_Squirrel) under his employ, as well as a giant, green, hulking monstrosity that no matter how many times I pointed out that it was 'The Hulk,' Wayne denied it and called it 'Bob.' His castle guards were in charge of defending the villagers (a.k.a the nameless people that join the site for a few days and then never respond again), keeping the peace and scrubbing/destinkifying the castle after I broke past them and ran laps barefoot through the massive halls. I was barred from the castle because the king HATED my feet..... but one way or another, I got in...

After a while, an official document written by Kristy69 was made to decree who was a part of the kingdom and what role they played. Eventually, he let me become a knight because well, it wasn't like he could keep me out. Kinky the elf opened up a very successful Tavern that spanned two threads, and almost a third, becoming a Cafe later on. Interestingly enough, the Tavern was sort of the precursor to the 'Last Person to Post Wins,' except back then the incentive for winning was getting the honor of starting the next one. As time progressed, things were getting better and better. Me and my TFS Wife got married on here. And then the viking and the elf got married in real life. It was spectacular and for a moment, everything seemed like it would last forever.....

But.... As time goes on, so do people. Those with a new life outside of TFS parted ways, gradually. The kingdom's citizens slowly left while the rest of the site was slowing to a crawl. Soon, even the king didn't stay for long. As I watched the kingdom age, I couldn't help but feel a bit down. As sad as it is to admit, I too abandoned the kingdom...

So to make a long story short, I want to find the lost Kingdom of Wayne, but I need help in doing so. The first step is to find the Tavern. It's one of the few places that I know where we can be safe. It's been a while since I've been there, but I remember it lying near the outskirts of the kingdom in a vast forest. It'll be a dangerous journey, but I'm more than willing to take the risk. So who's with me?
Delta62 On February 03, 2023
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 21, 2014 @ 23:44:11
oh aye i remember that forgot what happened to it
Octavarium On December 23, 2021

Pacific North West,
#3New Post! Jul 22, 2014 @ 00:20:06
Yeah, I remember that time. The Age of King Wayne. I mostly kept to myself in those days though, living in the caves of the high mountains beyond the dark forest to the North West of the kingdom. Only occasionally did I look in upon the happenings through my far-seeing window so alas, I know not where the tavern is. I wonder what state of ruin it lies in now.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#4New Post! Jul 22, 2014 @ 04:54:22
@Delta62 Said

oh aye i remember that forgot what happened to it

All I remember is that some sort of great "tragedy" happened that killed off most of the villagers.

@Octavarium Said

Yeah, I remember that time. The Age of King Wayne. I mostly kept to myself in those days though, living in the caves of the high mountains beyond the dark forest to the North West of the kingdom. Only occasionally did I look in upon the happenings through my far-seeing window so alas, I know not where the tavern is. I wonder what state of ruin it lies in now.

I think I remember seeing you a few times in the forest, but you were off in the distance. You should've joined us at the Tavern. You would've been welcomed with open arms.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#5New Post! Jul 22, 2014 @ 06:05:46
oh yeah, I remember those times. Good memories.
Problem is/was fast-paced posting between the Kingdom and the Tavern and all the other threads left my slow butt computer in the dust, trailing along, but enjoying the camaraderie. I made a very good castle guard.

Don't know where the Tavern is.
Hey, why don't you start your own Kingdom?
It could be the Kingdom of Skunk, or Psycho Kingdom Threat!
Funky-Footed Skunk

#6New Post! Jul 22, 2014 @ 17:44:41
@DuLu Said

oh yeah, I remember those times. Good memories.
Problem is/was fast-paced posting between the Kingdom and the Tavern and all the other threads left my slow butt computer in the dust, trailing along, but enjoying the camaraderie. I made a very good castle guard.

Don't know where the Tavern is.
Hey, why don't you start your own Kingdom?
It could be the Kingdom of Skunk, or Psycho Kingdom Threat!

Yeah. It was one of those threads where if you were away for a day, you missed a lot. I remember you posting a decent amount too, actually.

Well I thought about that, but then I realized that it's a lot of hard work to build a whole kingdom from scratch. Besides, I feel a sort of obligation to see what became of the kingdom after I left. The last thing I remember, the squirrel got the crown and him and Saege were trying to rule over what little remained, but then there was some sort of accident... and then everything just went awry.
Delta62 On February 03, 2023
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 00:29:13
@psycoskunk Said

All I remember is that some sort of great "tragedy" happened that killed off most of the villagers.

I think I remember seeing you a few times in the forest, but you were off in the distance. You should've joined us at the Tavern. You would've been welcomed with open arms.

Twas the time your feet stank the worst lol

Pacific North West,
#8New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 01:53:49
@psycoskunk Said

Oh I'm sure, the whole lot was a very inviting and fun bunch. But so fast paced, oh my god, no way to keep up with all that was going on
Funky-Footed Skunk

#9New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 05:45:43
@Delta62 Said

Twas the time your feet stank the worst lol

Indeed it was.

@Octavarium Said

Oh I'm sure, the whole lot was a very inviting and fun bunch. But so fast paced, oh my god, no way to keep up with all that was going on

Yeah, it was like that a lot. Even I got overwhelmed sometimes.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#10New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 06:22:26
Hey, I was just thinking? Aren't all threads supposed to be archived?
Could find out what happened that way? That's too easy, I'm sure, and
I'm too tired too look into it.

Was some very active posting/threads going on there, for sure.
On DP days, it was astounding how quickly the posts/points
were accumulated. Fun times. They'll come back, when the time is
right, with the right people.

@psycoskunk Said

Yeah. It was one of those threads where if you were away for a day, you missed a lot. I remember you posting a decent amount too, actually.

Well I thought about that, but then I realized that it's a lot of hard work to build a whole kingdom from scratch. Besides, I feel a sort of obligation to see what became of the kingdom after I left. The last thing I remember, the squirrel got the crown and him and Saege were trying to rule over what little remained, but then there was some sort of accident... and then everything just went awry.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#11New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 16:56:13
@DuLu Said

Hey, I was just thinking? Aren't all threads supposed to be archived?
Could find out what happened that way? That's too easy, I'm sure, and
I'm too tired too look into it.

Was some very active posting/threads going on there, for sure.
On DP days, it was astounding how quickly the posts/points
were accumulated. Fun times. They'll come back, when the time is
right, with the right people.

That's true, but I think it'd be more of an adventure (*Wink.*) if we lead an expedition to try and uncover what happened. I can't do it alone and if you journey with me, then you'll definitely have a role (*Wink.*) to play. (*Wink.*)

AGH! Now I got something in my eye... God dangit, gimme a sec....

*Rubs his eye.*
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#12New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 21:59:51
Maybe that wolf that's been heard around here howling,
put something in your eye? spit/drooled in it?
Maybe even relieved himself near/in your eye?
That'd be very devious. Never trust a wolf, no matter
how well you think you know them.

@psycoskunk Said

That's true, but I think it'd be more of an adventure (*Wink.*) if we lead an expedition to try and uncover what happened. I can't do it alone and if you journey with me, then you'll definitely have a role (*Wink.*) to play. (*Wink.*)

AGH! Now I got something in my eye... God dangit, gimme a sec....

*Rubs his eye.*
Funky-Footed Skunk

#13New Post! Jul 30, 2014 @ 06:26:51
@DuLu Said

Maybe that wolf that's been heard around here howling,
put something in your eye? spit/drooled in it?
Maybe even relieved himself near/in your eye?
That'd be very devious. Never trust a wolf, no matter
how well you think you know them.

I...... what?
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#14New Post! Jul 31, 2014 @ 02:09:29

@psycoskunk Said

I...... what?

Pacific North West,
#15New Post! Jul 31, 2014 @ 03:10:33