Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#16New Post! Mar 04, 2014 @ 18:53:31
@Willi Said

is friendship or paid help better for depression?

If you've ever read the book of Job, you might notice that Job wasn't suicidal until after his "friends" talked to him.

The thing is, as friends, we don't always know what not to say.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Mar 04, 2014 @ 18:57:34
@someone_else_again Said

The thing is, as friends, we don't always know what not to say.

Yeah, I'll second this, I've had moments when I've had really bad thoughts, I've confided in a friend and all they've said is "don't be stupid, you'd be stupid to do that" etc etc. That doesn't f***ing help me and just makes me feel worse.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#18New Post! Mar 04, 2014 @ 19:18:47
@Silver_Lining Said

Yeah, I'll second this, I've had moments when I've had really bad thoughts, I've confided in a friend and all they've said is "don't be stupid, you'd be stupid to do that" etc etc. That doesn't f***ing help me and just makes me feel worse.

Absolutely! We have a friend whose 13 year old daughter was suicidal and he kept saying "You're better than that...you're so much better than that." We had to tell him to stop and just "meet her" where she was. He took her out and just spent some father/daughter time with her and listened to her problems and that helped so much more than trying to convince her that what she was thinking was wrong.
carelt1985 On June 25, 2016

Chesterfield, Missouri
#19New Post! Mar 04, 2014 @ 19:28:40
@Silver_Lining Said

I think we all do it from time to time, I know I do, I give people advice that I know I should take myself but most of the time it's easier said than done.

Tell me, about it.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#20New Post! Mar 04, 2014 @ 20:44:04
@carelt1985 Said

Tell me, about it.

friends give us reasons to get paid help.
don't stop being a friend.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#21New Post! Mar 04, 2014 @ 21:40:36
I don't think you're going to find many people who are living it real who are head over heels in joy and contentment.

There's a lot wrong with our world and you can find hints to this reflected in the lyrics of pop songs: "There's a city in my mind" ~ Talking Heads.

We all have a notion as to how we would idealistically like life to work for us but once people get to about your age they begin losing their rose tints and realize those child hood stories are only motivational demonstrations for young and developing minds.

In reality we instad have economic crisis, poverty, wars, mental illness and even though we never came in direct contact with those issues previously - The people we interact with, on a daily basis, are rippling the hurting and suffering from those major realities.

This results in broken friendships, romances, employment, etc.

The mass majority of the world is just not psychologically or emotionally strong enough to manage the discord we face in this existence.

Your one saving grace will be when you realize how broken everyone is and stop taking this all seriously. Then deciding to make the best of things by using the entropy to strengthen your own heart and psyche.

A lot of people beat themselves up because they believe they are not 'what it takes' to succeed but in all honesty it isn't just you - Most people are not functional enough to make cohabitation in our current society work.

Our current government templates need to be revised with support and fellowship as its main focus but as Broken Minds will also establish Broken Rule - Our world, instead, focuses on animalistic survival tactics of using each other like rungs in a ladder to climb higher.

You can't kiss your sweetheart with your shoe standing on his/her lips.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs