The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
Kids

Would you vaccinate your child against diseases??? If not Why???

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#16New Post! Jul 23, 2013 @ 21:53:23
My children are fully vaccinated.

There are children who cannot tolerate the immunizations and they rely on herd immunity to remain healthy.

I do not believe that vaccinations cause autism at all. I do think that there are some health risks for some people, but that it is not everyone and that it makes it even more important that people are vaccinated.

I think that there is a serious misunderstanding about the severity of these illness. I saw someone comment about how we are giving our kids autism to avoid non-fatal childhood diseases that are minor at best. That is not true. Those diseases can and do kill children.

I also think that as the non-vax trend catches on we will see a return of deaths by these diseases. I suspect one deadly epidemic of a vaccine preventable illness will start the trend back the other direction.
Just my $.02
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#17New Post! Jul 23, 2013 @ 21:54:27
@futilevoice Said

Every state is different. In my state you can be exempt only if a physician states the vaccination will be detrimental to your child. You can also be exempt for religious reasons. But everyone else has to get vaccinated.

Still not required. A private school may not require vaccinations, and there's always home-schooling.

It's quasi-required, but not really.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#18New Post! Jul 23, 2013 @ 21:57:22
Vaccinations are evil. I'm also against literacy and the refrigeration of food.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#19New Post! Jul 23, 2013 @ 21:57:49
There are various exemptions too for school. Different states acknowledge different ones.

All states recognize a medical exemption. This involves a statement from a doctor verifying a history of adverse reaction, a family history of adverse reaction, or a confirmed medical condition that would contra-indicate the use of vaccines.

Some states allow for a religious exemption and some states allow for a philosophical exemption. Those generally just require a parent to sign them.

However, the majority of non-vaxers that I have had contact with also choose to homeschool, so requiring vaccinations for school becomes a moot point. The homeschooled kids are still at risk of catching and spreading the diseases.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#20New Post! Jul 23, 2013 @ 21:59:16
On a more serious note, to dovetail off Alk...

All three of my children are fully vaccinated. One of them is autistic. I think there is no correlation between those two facts.

I actually have a lot of respect for and faith in modern medicine, and I'm constantly amazed when I learn more about it and compare it to the medical technology of even just 50 years ago.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs