Favorite LOTR quotes:

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#1New Post! Jun 30, 2013 @ 07:22:15
This is still my favorite exchanges between Gandalf and Frodo:

Gandalf: "Sméagol's life is a sad story. Yes, Sméagol he was once called. Before the Ring found him… before it drove him mad."

Frodo: "It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance!"

Gandalf: "Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo?"

Gandalf: "Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill…"
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#2New Post! Jul 01, 2013 @ 00:17:27
@Gollum Said

Gandalf: "Sméagol's life is a sad story. Yes, Sméagol he was once called. Before the Ring found him… before it drove him mad."

Gandalf: "Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo?"

Gandalf: "Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill…"

Advise is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise (Gandalf)
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#3New Post! Jul 01, 2013 @ 01:39:29
@Gollum Said

I agree with Frodo - Gollum must die
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#4New Post! Jul 01, 2013 @ 03:10:17
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I agree with Frodo - Gollum must die

You know as well as I do that if Frodo kills Gollum those poor little bastards get lost in the hills of Emyn Muil and they starve to death.

And that's game over, man. Sauron eventually finds the ring and kills everything.
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#5New Post! Jul 01, 2013 @ 04:29:01
"Ever my heart rises as we draw near the mountains. There is good rock here. This country has tough bones. I felt them in my feet as we came up from the dike. Give me a year and a hundred of my kin and I would make this a place that armies would break upon like water. ...Sleep! I feel the need of it. Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!"

~ Gimli
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#6New Post! Jul 01, 2013 @ 09:28:28
@Gollum Said

I've quoted this a few times
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#7New Post! Jul 01, 2013 @ 09:32:19
@Gollum Said

You know as well as I do that if Frodo kills Gollum those poor little bastards get lost in the hills of Emyn Muil and they starve to death.

And that's game over, man. Sauron eventually finds the ring and kills everything.

"even the wisest cannot see all ends"

If smeagol was killed, Sauron would never have known a hobbit had the Ring, leading to all sorts of other chaos.

Also remember that Smeagol, once escaping the goblin caves, followed the company to Laketown and ate some babies. Its possible that if he were dead, a baby which he ate could have instead grown and become a great and powerful leader who would bring about the destruction of Sauron himself...
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#8New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 03:31:50
@Gollum Said

Justify your miserable existence however you will my friend, the fact remains, Gollum must die
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#9New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 05:34:51
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Justify your miserable existence however you will my friend, the fact remains, Gollum must die

You've read the books and seen the movies. You know that Gollum does die when he regains the ring and falls into the fires of Mt. Doom.

But if you're meaning for me to die, I will die... just not yet.
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#10New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 06:19:19
@Tar Said

"even the wisest cannot see all ends"

If smeagol was killed, Sauron would never have known a hobbit had the Ring, leading to all sorts of other chaos.

Also remember that Smeagol, once escaping the goblin caves, followed the company to Laketown and ate some babies. Its possible that if he were dead, a baby which he ate could have instead grown and become a great and powerful leader who would bring about the destruction of Sauron himself...

We can re-write this story 100 times if we really put our minds to it. So why don't we...

https://www.theforumsite.com/forum.php?t=477186&u=1&nt=1
Gollum On March 23, 2018
My Precious is lost!

Misty Mountains,
#11New Post! Jul 02, 2013 @ 07:52:43
"Curse them! We hates them! It's ours it is… and we wants it!"
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#12New Post! Jul 08, 2013 @ 00:47:38
@Gollum Said

We can re-write this story 100 times if we really put our minds to it. So why don't we...

https://www.theforumsite.com/forum.php?t=477186&u=1&nt=1

That would be awesome! I want to add another race! A bastard mutation race that came from the blood of Ancalagon and the High Elves. They'd be noble, but vicious and merciless!
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#13New Post! Mar 09, 2022 @ 06:05:32
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs