Friendships

Could you do it?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#16New Post! Jun 24, 2013 @ 11:11:04

Dom DeLuise cracked me up in this movie.
Grrrl On June 01, 2014

, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jun 24, 2013 @ 11:42:38
I wouldn't let them die on my watch.

I'd stick to that person like glue. I'd inform all the people I felt were necessary (other friends, their councillor or doctor, perhaps family members depending on what their relationships were like) to make that in the short term they were never left alone.

I might make a schedule of 'stuff-they-have-got-to-stay-alive for', because when one of my friends was depressed she said that she never felt like she had anything to look forward to, but she really flourished in uni because they gave these year-long calendars of events and she'd pick one for each week and know that if she made it though the next seven days there would be some respite from the rest of her life.

After that point, I honestly don't know what you're meant to do. There's so much information floating around about what to if someone catches fire or has a stroke, but I've never seen an advert or a leaflet bout what to do when your friend threatens or attempts suicide.
The_Judge On September 17, 2013

Deleted

Your city, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jun 24, 2013 @ 11:56:03
I would ring the police. They are best trained to deal with this s***.

If the friend was really insistant on doing it their and then, I would probably knock them out then restrain them. Better this than them trying to jump in front of say a Tram and taking you with them. I would then dial 999.

I would also gladly explain why I had knocked them out and restrained them.

Only problem would be if they had a gun or something, they may just kill you then themselves.

I do genrally try and stay away from Depressed people. But as my dad went through depression for a while, its sometimes easier said than done.
Electric_Banana On about 8 hours ago

, New Zealand
#19New Post! Jun 24, 2013 @ 12:41:34
@Deal_With_It Said

Dom DeLuise cracked me up in this movie.

One those old movies that I tried catch every showing of on HBO when I was a child.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#20New Post! Jun 24, 2013 @ 17:36:49
@LuckyCharms Said

Only if they were in the end stages of being terminally ill.

Otherwise, no, they have not explored all the options. I won't hold their hand while they give up.

My sentiments exactly.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs