AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 18:31:04
@someone_else_again Said

Alright, I'll bite.

Here you see four (or possibly eight, but let's just say it's four for this) different colored ropes braided together. Nobody would argue that one of the colored ropes is the same rope as another. They are clearly separate, yet they are entwined.

The terms are not mutually exclusive.

If they are totally seperate, you can alter time without it affecting space. If the ropes were totally seperate I could bend one and it wouldnt affect the others.

However with Einstein, what happens to one, affects the other.
Faster you go the shorter you get

So if I alter ie stretch or bend on of the ropes it will affect the others.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#17New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 18:38:00
@townie_guy Said

If they are totally seperate, you can alter time without it affecting space. If the ropes were totally seperate I could bend one and it wouldnt affect the others.

However with Einstein, what happens to one, affects the other.
Faster you go the shorter you get

So if I alter ie stretch or bend on of the ropes it will affect the others.

Hmm... I don't know about that. Does "separate" automatically mean "separated?" Does it always have to mean isolated or independent?

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 18:42:56
@someone_else_again Said

Hmm... I don't know about that. Does "separate" automatically mean "separated?" Does it always have to mean isolated or independent?

Not necessarily, but in the example you gave, if I altered one rope it would affect the others. Unless of course all the ropes occupy that space but at different times. Then they would not affect each other.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#19New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 18:47:55
@townie_guy Said

Not necessarily, but in the example you gave, if I altered one rope it would affect the others. Unless of course all the ropes occupy that space but at different times. Then they would not affect each other.

Okay. You are talking about time and space. That's only two things. I showed you an example with four. Let's look at it with two:

If I alter one strand..for example, unwind it...it changes the structure of the overall "rope" but not of the other strand. So if black = space and white = time, manipulating black doesn't actually change the white, it simply changes what the white and black look like together.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 18:51:12
@someone_else_again Said

Okay. You are talking about time and space. That's only two things. I showed you an example with four. Let's look at it with two:

If I alter one strand..for example, unwind it...it changes the structure of the overall "rope" but not of the other strand. So if black = space and white = time, manipulating black doesn't actually change the white, it simply changes what the white and black look like together.

Going back to the link I gave you. If you alter one strand, it will change the other strands length. So if you remove time, the other strand will appear longer.

However if it were say put in a place unobserved and unwound, it would both affect the other strand and not affect the other strand, at the same time. Although this is turning a bit quantam now.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#21New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 18:56:12
@townie_guy Said

Going back to the link I gave you. If you alter one strand, it will change the other strands length. So if you remove time, the other strand will appear longer.

I actually didn't look at the link. I will in a moment but I want to draw your attention to what you said here.

"So if you remove time, the other strand will appear longer."

Is appearance a state of being? The other strand is not actually longer, it just seems that way. It actually remains unchanged.

@townie_guy Said

However if it were say put in a place unobserved and unwound, it would both affect the other strand and not affect the other strand, at the same time. Although this is turning a bit quantam now.

Yeah, let's not go there.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#22New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 19:34:55
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#23New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 19:50:32
@jonnythan Said

Not even in the mood for popcorn, eh?

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 19:53:32
@someone_else_again Said

Yeah, let's not go there.

It actually pretty interesting, a lot of things can be done at quantam level which seem impossible at our level. Its kinda mind boggling as well.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#25New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 19:55:26
@townie_guy Said

It actually pretty interesting, a lot of things can be done at quantam level which seem impossible at our level. Its kinda mind boggling as well.

I'm sure it's very interesting but I am not very science oriented. The little bit that I've said in this thread is clearly not based on scientific...anything.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 19:57:51
@someone_else_again Said

I'm sure it's very interesting but I am not very science oriented. The little bit that I've said in this thread is clearly not based on scientific...anything.

Im back into my human psychology now.

Was debating doing an Open University degree in a field of science but with the amount of time it would take, I would be too old to get into that line of work.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#27New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 19:59:18
@townie_guy Said

Im back into my human psychology now.

Was debating doing an Open University degree in a field of science but with the amount of time it would take, I would be too old to get into that line of work.

Human psychology as opposed to what? Animal?

I don't know that you're too old to get into that line of work.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Mar 22, 2013 @ 20:02:21
@someone_else_again Said

Human psychology as opposed to what? Animal?

I don't know that you're too old to get into that line of work.

The thought of starting at the bottom again at near on 40ish, not saying it cant be done but it dosnt take my fancy.

Well being on this site I sometimes feel I could quite happily study abnormal psychology.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs