Bands & Artists

Mumford & Sons

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ThatBookNerd On March 02, 2011

Deleted

The Backwoods, Tennessee
#1New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 05:15:02
Well, since I answered all of the "New Posts" that I feel like answering, I figure I'll make one of my own.

So... Mumford & Sons. Anyone around here besides me like them? I imagine they've picked up quite a few new fans since they appeared on The Grammys with The Avett Brothers and Bob Dylan.

I'm a sucker for this kind of folksy music.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 05:25:12
I received their CD as a gift, from someone who has totally different music tastes that does not always agree with mine and he knows that. That part was weird.

I'm still not quite sure what to make of Mumford and sons. I do like Little Lion Man, the Cave might be growing on me. It wasn't love at first hear, but I will give them a chance.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#3New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 05:28:06
I'm always seeing them at the side of songs that i listen to on youtube so i'm guessing i'll probably like at least a couple of their songs.

i like Bob Dylan alot though.

You like Stornaway?

Deleted

The Backwoods, Tennessee
#4New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 05:46:16
@DiscordTiger Said

I received their CD as a gift, from someone who has totally different music tastes that does not always agree with mine and he knows that. That part was weird.

I'm still not quite sure what to make of Mumford and sons. I do like Little Lion Man, the Cave might be growing on me. It wasn't love at first hear, but I will give them a chance.

I hope they continue to grow on you. "The Cave" is actually one of my favorite songs from them, and I was thrilled that they chose that one for their Grammys performance. I just love that banjo, I guess.

@aneil Said

I'm always seeing them at the side of songs that i listen to on youtube so i'm guessing i'll probably like at least a couple of their songs.

i like Bob Dylan alot though.

You like Stornaway?

Yeah, I like Stornoway. "Zorbing" is a really good song.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 06:18:11
I kinda like them, I'm into Two Door Cinema Club too at the moment.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 11:10:55
I love Mumford and Sons, they're brilliant. Two Door Cinema Club and Stornoway are great too, there's a lot of great music about at the moment.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 11:21:04
Yeah I like them. I just found it so odd how quickly they just exploded. One of those bands heavily peddled by 6 Music, saw them at T a couple of years ago in front of about 200 fans then suddenly about two months later they where everywhere.

Deleted

The Backwoods, Tennessee
#8New Post! Feb 23, 2011 @ 20:03:57
I actually haven't heard of Two Door Cinema Club. I'll give them a listen, later.

@jmo Said

Yeah I like them. I just found it so odd how quickly they just exploded. One of those bands heavily peddled by 6 Music, saw them at T a couple of years ago in front of about 200 fans then suddenly about two months later they where everywhere.

Yeah. A lot of those folk-type bands have been hitting it big in the last couple of years. Television shows like Grey's Anatomy and other dramas are almost entirely soundtracked by them, now. It's sort of weird, because some of it isn't the most accessible of music... although Mumford & Sons are more accessible than most.
Deltachord On February 17, 2013

Deleted

#9New Post! Feb 16, 2013 @ 18:26:31
I heard a song by Mumford and Sons that I liked until it got to the curse word in the lyrics.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs