Forums: Art & Literature:
Photography

Shanksville 9-11 Crash Site, Motorcycle Ride

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Drgnfly83 On September 02, 2014

, Virginia
#1New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 16:59:04
Last year, me and one of my best friends took a ride down to the 9-11 crash site in Pennsylvania. I wanted to share some of the things from our ride down and what we were encountered with when we got there. It was an amazing day and one I will never forget. Lots of emotions, lots of time after to reflect and all in all a day I will always remember.

The start of the ride - 0-early as crap-30: Twenty minutes into the ride, I forced my bestie to pull over and let me run into Walmart for more clothing. I was freeeeezing.

Roughly 4 hours later, we arrived in Shanksville, PA. There were beautiful windmills all around me. I thought they were just so amazing.

As we continued on, this is the initial sitw we saw. All around the pathways were beautiful wild flowers, that were grown on the site to signify a freeing of souls. And of course the American Flag flying around in the wind.

The next few pictures have no words other than what they boards said:

The walls put up in memory of those that died on that horrific day were beautifully placed. There was one wall pane for each person on the plane that day that lost their life. Here are a few that really touched me. (From the kisses left from no doubt a family member, to the mother and her unborn child, to the flight attendant)

Placed throughout the memorial site, were trinkets and flowers and anything you could possibly imagine placed throughout.

The actual area where the plane crashed is blocked off by metal barriers and a large wooden door that only allows access to the families of the victims. But off in the distance, a bolder has been places at the site as a memorial to that day forever.

Was so surreal being there. Such a sad place, but so much love and honor went into this site. I am honored to have visited.

sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#2New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 17:17:36
Powerful pictures. A bitter sweet memorial. Thanks for making the thread.

That one pic, 5th up from the end, of the little boy at the "family entrance" was so heartbreaking it almost knocked the wind out of me.
Drgnfly83 On September 02, 2014

, Virginia
#3New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 17:44:32
@sTreetAngeL Said

Powerful pictures. A bitter sweet memorial. Thanks for making the thread.

That one pic, 5th up from the end, of the little boy at the "family entrance" was so heartbreaking it almost knocked the wind out of me.

So very welcome. It was an amazing day.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs