New Graduates Will Have to Work Until 71 Before Qualifying for State Pension

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...8 9 10
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#136New Post! May 16, 2012 @ 23:48:37
Thats probably why they have raised the pension age. Less years for us to be a drain on the goverment. We have served our purpose and put income into the country. They pay us off for a few years then like you say we shrivel up and die. Im sure thats how the goverment see it. Altho personally I dont really wanna reach the point where I cant make it to the toilet on time.

Best bet is to get a job that you enjoy and hopefully pays well. Then move somewhere else and live off savings for a few years of bliss.
syco On April 26, 2013

Deleted

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#137New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 05:45:25
I think state pension isnt worth relying on anyway, I've always thought that I'd want to work till I was in my mid 50's, so that I can still enjoy the things I've worked all my life to aquire, Private pensions and long term savings plans are a better solution than the state pennsion to anyone that can afford it, but if you need that extra boost then the state pension is there to help out.

I'm not sure about emigrating tho, for two reasons, I want to stick around so that as my body starts shutting down the NHS can put it back together, after all I'll have been paying National Insurance for 50 years so I reckon it will be about time I got something back from it by then, and 2, I like the countryside in the UK, the only real alternative is the falklands and New Zealand. And as a bonus, both places speak english.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#138New Post! May 17, 2012 @ 19:58:37
Australia. Id love to do a walk about in the outback. I mentioned it to my rents and they were like "oh its a dangerous place the outback, theres crocs and s***". But seriously its just a test, be the best, survive. Be a loser you die.

ANd yeah I agree with you about the state pension, it isnt something I actually want to be in the position where thats all Ive got. I could probably make more money begging. Im hoping the next year or so to start a private one. I know I got an army one when I hit 65 but th\t aint really that great either, lol. The army pension is only worth it if you do the full 22 years or more, but I got other stuff I wanna do in life than just the army and get treated like a kid.
syco On April 26, 2013

Deleted

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#139New Post! May 18, 2012 @ 16:15:41
Yeah, there's shed loads to do in aus, but I dont know about living there full time, its full of dumb crooks. I mean their ancestors must have been pretty stupid to get caught before DNA testing and video evidence, so all the generations of selectivly breeding the inteligence out of thhem.......(thats a joke by the way, to any body that would like to take offence.

I think there are areas of aus that you'd be sensible taking a rifle with you, what with wild dingo's, man eating crocks etc. but I'd be up for something like that as well. That and staying with a group of abo's to learn how they survive in the outback, surfing and scuba diving the great barrior reef, like I said, tons to do.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...8 9 10

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs