Forums: Food & Drink:
Recipes

Other things to do with pie dough

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#1New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 02:43:16
Yesterday I made a simple pie dough (flour, water, cookeen) and made an apple pie with it.
It was remarkably good!!!!! I'm NEVER buying apple pie again!

I tried to make pigs in a blanket with it and while it wasn't especially bad...... it wasn't good either. Outside tasted doughy.

Anyone has other ideas for pie dough?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 02:56:56
Cut crust into 1/2 inch strips. Egg wash, cinnamon and sugar, twist and bake. (Or for savory, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper mixed together.) Bake until golden brown and delicious.

Onion tart. Saute onions, cool. Roll pie crust into a rustic circle, dock. Sprinkle onions and cheese of choice (usually parm or something similar). Leave about a half inch border. Bake til golden brown and delicious.

Galette. Take whatever fruit/berries you have, sprinkle with some sugar to taste, a squeeze of lemon juice, a dash of salt and a little corn starch. Cook in pan on stove til glossy, thickened, pretty and bubbly. Let cool. Roll out crust to rustic circle, spread fruit mixture in the middle, leaving about 1 1/2 inches of border. Fold crust over top, brush with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar lightly. Bake til golden brown and delicious.

Pouchettes. Roll pastry out, cut into circles or squares about 4 inches wide. Put about 2 tsp of nutella in middle. Egg wash edges, fold to seal, press edges with fork to fix seal. Bake until golden brown and delicious.

Quiche. Look up a recipe. Many out there.

There's tons of things to do with pie crust.

Pie crust rocks.

#3New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 03:12:18
@LuckyCharms Said

Cut crust into 1/2 inch strips. Egg wash, cinnamon and sugar, twist and bake. (Or for savory, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper mixed together.) Bake until golden brown and delicious.

Onion tart. Saute onions, cool. Roll pie crust into a rustic circle, dock. Sprinkle onions and cheese of choice (usually parm or something similar). Leave about a half inch border. Bake til golden brown and delicious.

Galette. Take whatever fruit/berries you have, sprinkle with some sugar to taste, a squeeze of lemon juice, a dash of salt and a little corn starch. Cook in pan on stove til glossy, thickened, pretty and bubbly. Let cool. Roll out crust to rustic circle, spread fruit mixture in the middle, leaving about 1 1/2 inches of border. Fold crust over top, brush with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar lightly. Bake til golden brown and delicious.

Pouchettes. Roll pastry out, cut into circles or squares about 4 inches wide. Put about 2 tsp of nutella in middle. Egg wash edges, fold to seal, press edges with fork to fix seal. Bake until golden brown and delicious.

Quiche. Look up a recipe. Many out there.

There's tons of things to do with pie crust.

Pie crust rocks.

For the first one- I think if I'm going with cinnamon and sugar i'll just go all out and make an apple pie.

The Pouchettes sound great. I actually had those in England in 2010 but I wasn't sure what they were called.

Yes, pie crust definitely rocks. I'm going to save sooooooo much money now because apple pie and quiche are so frigging expensive here!
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#4New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 03:15:17
bake it on any kind of baking sheet/ pie pan. Break it up into a bowl of strawberries that have been soaking in sugar water overnight. Yum. It actually takes a considerable amount of pie crust to really make this turn out good.

#5New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:24:51
@alk1975 Said

bake it on any kind of baking sheet/ pie pan. Break it up into a bowl of strawberries that have been soaking in sugar water overnight. Yum. It actually takes a considerable amount of pie crust to really make this turn out good.

I'll try it out. Would other berries work well?
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#6New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:36:03
probably so. I just know that we use it with strawberries.

#7New Post! Apr 01, 2012 @ 01:35:38
@alk1975 Said

probably so. I just know that we use it with strawberries.

I'll try a little bit with some strawberries and blueberries.
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#8New Post! May 06, 2012 @ 18:42:38
Sounds very yummy for the tummy!

#9New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 04:14:14
I made a pie with creamy mushrooms and chicken alst week!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs