Sounds easy 'nuff even for me

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#16New Post! Mar 26, 2012 @ 23:22:13
@someone_else Said

No. That woman is clearly wearing a t shirt and a sweater(ish). She looked more like this, but older (and the robe was tied).

Actually, it was a few years ago and that woman might not have been the same as the cake and sprite lady.

Yes. There used to be a woman who came in all the time in the middle of the night and shopped in her robe. She was pretty strange...always parked in the tow away zone and you could smell her when she walked into the store....and for a long time after.

Well, that's good, because the woman in my picture is actually the way hoppy dresses when he goes shopping.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#17New Post! Mar 26, 2012 @ 23:23:12
@boxerdc Said

Well, that's good, because the woman in my picture is actually the way hoppy dresses when he goes shopping.

boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#18New Post! Mar 26, 2012 @ 23:35:39
Eh now, don't knock it till you try it. Many people don't even realize that it's from a box and a can of soda.

It's like saying deep friend snickers bars aren't good. Pfft.

And what about deep fried cheese?

Though I do agree with cheese in a can, or cheese in powder form. If you bring that to the party, you're a loser.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#19New Post! Mar 26, 2012 @ 23:42:18
@boobagins Said

Eh now, don't knock it till you try it. Many people don't even realize that it's from a box and a can of soda.

It's like saying deep friend snickers bars aren't good. Pfft.

And what about deep fried cheese?

Though I do agree with cheese in a can, or cheese in powder form. If you bring that to the party, you're a loser.

What about dipping chili cheese fritos in cottage cheese?
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#20New Post! Mar 26, 2012 @ 23:44:41
@thequietman Said

This is for all the dummies out there who think that using diet soda or club soda will also make the cake diet, and somehow eliminate the sugar that is already in the cake mix.

That's not what she meant; she meant it will eliminate the added sugar from the soda, by replacing with club soda.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#21New Post! Mar 26, 2012 @ 23:54:52
@someone_else Said

What about dipping chili cheese fritos in cottage cheese?

Now that's just odd.

I actually haven't tried that. Now, I must!
Not a dude.

Deleted

#22New Post! Mar 26, 2012 @ 23:56:11
@boobagins Said

Now that's just odd.

I actually haven't tried that. Now, I must!

I haven't tried it either, but people used to buy the weirdest things. Oh yeah, there was also the lady who mixed orange jello with cottage cheese. She said it was like ambrosia.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#23New Post! Mar 26, 2012 @ 23:58:34
@someone_else Said

I haven't tried it either, but people used to buy the weirdest things. Oh yeah, there was also the lady who mixed orange jello with cottage cheese. She said it was like ambrosia.

I've never understood cottage cheese.. It's like "almost" cheese.. And you know that I love my cheese.

I've always thought cottage cheese would be good if it was just allowed to sit for a few years.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#24New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 00:03:15
@someone_else Said

Okay that's gross.

It's like this:

Not a dude.

Deleted

#25New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 00:20:15
@boxerdc Said

I've never understood cottage cheese.. It's like "almost" cheese.. And you know that I love my cheese.

I've always thought cottage cheese would be good if it was just allowed to sit for a few years.

Hmm...I never thought about letting it sit. Somehow, I think it would just get moldy.

@boobagins Said

Okay that's gross.

It's like this:

I thought it sounded gross too...I'll have to watch that video on YouTube.
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#26New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 00:32:20
@sTreetAngeL Said

That's not what she meant; she meant it will eliminate the added sugar from the soda, by replacing with club soda.

I didn't say that. I read a story that someone who does Weight Watchers thinks that using diet soda in the mix reduces the sugar.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#27New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 02:40:45
@boobagins Said

It works and the cake is pretty good except it's way too sweet. The soda is pure sugar and the cake mix also has sugar so it's like a sugar rush. That's really the only drawback and reason why I rarely ever make it.

Maybe simply soda water would work? It's the carbonation that binds everything...

I figure I'll try it with half club-soda and half dr. pepper.

I was looking for other things to do with cake mix.
glad i found this
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#28New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 03:08:49
I've had a cake made like that and it tasted pretty much like cake to me. That's it. Just cake. Didn't really see the benefit of doing it that way. And yeah, I had the "diet" kind. Chocolate cake made with diet soda, and yes the person did look at me with a deer in the headlights look when I reminded them that the sugar that makes regular cake not diet is still in the mix even when you make it that way.
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#29New Post! May 06, 2012 @ 18:41:24
@hoppy Said

You take a box cake mix...any kind.
Add a 12 oz can of soda, diet or reg.

That's it......no eggs, no oil, no milk or water...nuffin! just the soda.

It raises real good...

I have a white cake mix with a can of strawberry soda cooking...it's a light pink color, and I'll have strawberrys and cool whip with it...

Cyndi made the choc cake with a can of dt cherry coke...man it was good too.

To keep it "diet like"....use diet soda and light cool whip for the icing....sooooooo good.

Really? Hmmmmmm...
Not a dude.

Deleted

#30New Post! May 07, 2012 @ 19:36:27
Oh, I totally forgot...

I tried this a while back and made mini cupcakes with cream soda. It was actually really good and more moist than if I'd made it the other way. It's cheaper in the long run and you get an interesting hint of flavor from the soda.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs