Thank god?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#91New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 05:03:45
@LuckyCharms Said

In my first full time job out of college, the owner of the company (my boss, small company) was a reborn christian. Ugh. I got it ALL the time.

"'Lucky', have you accepted Jesus as your personal savior?"

"'Lucky', you realize your grandmother belongs to a cult and is going to hell right?" (She was mormon.)

"'Lucky', if you don't accept Jesus in your life as your savior, you'll spend eternity in hell."

And on and on and on.

Mind you this is from the same man that called his wife a 'f***ing stupid b****' to a customer because she misprinted a check. (I called him on that one - even though I found his wife as loathsome as he was.)

There's few things worse than a reborn. I avoid them like the plague. However I also don't bother to let turns of phrase get under my skin. It's pointless. Not like it'll ever change anyone's mind.

Yes , I agree. There is very few things that get more annoying then someone who has claims to be been reborn or reformed ,,,,

I usually don't put any attention on people that, in passing, use 'thank god' type phrases. But as it has come out in the thread , the bible thumper the OP is talking about knows well the OP's thoughts on the topic and seems inclined to push / shove it at OP any chance they get.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#93New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 11:28:14
@white_swan53 Said

You can take this as a bit of advise or a warning or just plain hard facts, but believe me, you do not want to be cornered up by a holy roller at any time or place and that sort of person will certainly 'teach' a non believer ' to mind their P's and Q's . if your a no god person then be a no god person. Hence the question why use thank god if what you mean is thank goodness.

So you're complaining about people who are "holy rollers," people who tell nonreligious people how to be religious, and then you go on to tell me that I'm not being a "no god person" well enough?

n/a, New Mexico
#94New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 20:02:56
@annski729 Said

So you're complaining about people who are "holy rollers," people who tell nonreligious people how to be religious, and then you go on to tell me that I'm not being a "no god person" well enough?

I'm not complaining , I'm explaining ,about holy rollers.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding about whether your enough of a 'no god person' .
I wasn't questioning the level of your non belief in a christian god, I questioned why as a non believer you would say ' thank god'.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#95New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 23:12:57
@white_swan53 Said

I'm not complaining , I'm explaining ,about holy rollers.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding about whether your enough of a 'no god person' .
I wasn't questioning the level of your non belief in a christian god, I questioned why as a non believer you would say ' thank god'.

I gave you an answer - I don't take it as literally as you. I would expect our differences in experiences explain this pretty well.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#96New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 23:22:11
If you want to thank someone if You don't believe in God, thank Thor!

n/a, New Mexico
#97New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 23:32:07
@annski729 Said

I gave you an answer - I don't take it as literally as you. I would expect our differences in experiences explain this pretty well.

Yes, I know you had answered my question. I explained why I do take it literally by telling of my friends mother, then you replied that you hadn't been around people that try and force their beliefs on others . My post that starts with "You can take this as a bit of advise or a warning or just plain hard facts" was not meant to be anything other then what I said in the first sentence.

I am confused as how you came up with this,
" then you go on to tell me that I'm not being a "no god person" well enough?"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs