Why I Don't Believe

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
fitzyp On December 23, 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
#31New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 07:03:39
@LovetheProcess Said

I have many times over look to my signature or any of my references, Bruce Lipton is a great start he explains the biology of cells, the new science of quantum physics allows us to shed light on more then we have in the past so of course it will be brought up often, if you listen to scientist working in this field today you would understand the reasoning for this.

Do you have any links to a specific
page with some sort of evidence for his claims?

@LovetheProcess Said
It is wonderful to finally have scientific study linking your thoughts to the creation of the world as we see it today. What about a study in Washington D.C. speaking of a 25% drop in the crime rate when 3,000 volunteers from all over the world came to the city and meditated, the fact is the crime rate dropped an unmistakable 25% now that is the power of thought!

Could you please provide a link or a reference to this scientific article?
cisslybee2012 On January 30, 2013

Deleted

Bronx, New York
#32New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 07:19:02
@Electric_Banana Said

Sorta meet ya half way there. If life had gears and strings, life wouldn't be as majestic if we were seeing those gears and strings all of the time.

Such as children whom find comfort in the stars only to take those stars away from them by proving them as illustrations painted across a domed ceiling to a cage.

The Value of Mystery as someone else once suggested to me.

Honesty is my best virtue but isn't there an extreme to every virtue?

Einstein once said that one must not conceal any part of what one has recognized to be the truth.

And I agree with him 110% on that.

The ancients concealed truth which is why their civilizations fell and why this one is going to fall, because it's carrying on the ancient tradition of concealing truth. And it's wrong.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#33New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 08:51:59
@cisslybee2012 Said

Einstein once said that one must not conceal any part of what one has recognized to be the truth.

The ancients concealed truth which is why their civilizations fell and why this one is going to fall, because it's carrying on the ancient tradition of concealing truth. And it's wrong.

That's the other thing though. What people might assume to be discovered truth might actually be delusion. I tend to see things as artificial but I could be wrong and I think many would be upset with that perspective.

As for any other truths or any other reason to hide them, I'm not sure why anyone would unless to get a one up over other people so that they can take advantage of those who don't yet know better.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#34New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 09:03:43
@cisslybee2012 Said

To be honest, I think we are in a damned if we do and damned if we don't don't situation because if all sciences were known, there would be a lot of upset and frightened people but with all sciences hidden, people in the know are apt to use that knowledge to take advantage of others for their own personal gain.
LovetheProcess On October 19, 2015

Plymouth, Massachusetts
#35New Post! Aug 19, 2011 @ 17:13:15
@fitzyp Said

Do you have any links to a specific
page with some sort of evidence for his claims?

Could you please provide a link or a reference to this scientific article?

https://www.alltm.org/pages/crime-arrested.html this is about the meditation study.

If you look up scientists research on quantum physics, you will find evidence in most all of the work being done. I will spend time tonight finding a few sites for you to review.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#36New Post! Oct 16, 2011 @ 13:17:56
@sister_of_mercy Said

Just read a very interesting article about the nature of unbelief as described by several prominent atheist thinkers:

link

Just wondering what people make of it?

The article looks for proof ... If we are just accidents ... Then your thoughts and speech and in this case your typing are just accidents also ... So proof is meaningless. If your words and speech mean anything then there was intention behind them ... The only way for there to be intention behind you and your speech is for there to be an intender ... A God if you will.

Buildings ... Uh ... Bricks with purpose ... were BUILT by a BUILDER... We just need to see the building to know that there was a builder.

Creation is evidence of a creator.

And yes the many different gods over the centuries is proof that men know that there is a god ... Even if they had to make one up.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#37New Post! Oct 16, 2011 @ 13:29:00
@Glenn Said

And yes the many different gods over the centuries is proof that men know that there is a god ... Even if they had to make one up.

Say what?

hoppy On August 27, 2013

#38New Post! Oct 16, 2011 @ 13:45:00
I feel no need to prove there is or isn't a God. And, no one needs to tell me why they are a non believer.
My God exists, period. And yes, my God talks to me in His own way. And I talk to Him every day. I tell Him what I want and need. He don't always give me what I want but my needs are always met, one way or another. To me, that is God's doing.
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#39New Post! Oct 16, 2011 @ 14:00:04
@sister_of_mercy Said

Just read a very interesting article about the nature of unbelief as described by several prominent atheist thinkers:

link

Just wondering what people make of it?

What in that article could anyone describe as being interesting?

Funniest comment in the article would have to be this one:

No wonder that Polly Toynbee told me that the only time that she is ever tempted, momentarily, to believe in God "is when I shake an angry fist at him for some monstrous suffering inflicted on the world for no reason whatsoever."

What the entire article reveals is tht the reason that many human beings reject God is because other people sometimes fart in elevators.

Also, another observation garnered from this article:

Atheist thinker = funny oxymoron.
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#40New Post! Oct 16, 2011 @ 15:33:17
@Forumless Said

Say what?

Like this ... People have always seen the NEED for a God because they don't usually see something come out if nothing ... so even if they missed the actual creator ... they KNEW that there MUST BE ONE ... so yes some of them made up their own gods ... so atheists are actually in the minority of all people who have ever lived.

And the point made in the article about the thousands of religions and the impossibility or unlikelihood of one or them being right applies to atheism also.

The "no god "
belief just increases the number of religions to one thousand and one. The logic can be applied both ways. And in fact is very bad logic.

Thomas Edison when asked after 999 or 99 attempts (can't remember which) to make a light bulb if he learned anything ... responded in the affimative ... yes I learned 999 ways how NOT TO MAKE A LIGHT BULB ... eventually he got it right obviously.

So just because there are a whole bunch of people with a whole bunch of different gods don't mean that someone does not have the right one.
Edited: October 16, 2011 @ 15:37
fawnsburnt On February 01, 2012

, Ireland
#41New Post! Jan 19, 2012 @ 02:26:21
@sister_of_mercy Said

If He's the God everyone has made him out to be then He will care for atheists just as much as He does for believers.

sounds preety vengeful to me
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#42New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 12:22:19
@fawnsburnt Said

sounds preety vengeful to me

No ... He just makes sure all wrongs are righted.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#43New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 13:01:45
I'm honoured. It's not often one gets to see the origins of Theism played out if front of you.

Nice one guys.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013