Meteorites 'could have carried nitrogen to Earth'

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 01, 2011 @ 07:48:01
Quote:
A meteorite found in Antarctica could lend weight to the argument that life on Earth might have been kick-started from space, scientists are claiming.

Chemical analysis of the meteorite shows it to be rich in the gas ammonia.

It contains the element nitrogen, found in the proteins and DNA that form the basis of life as we know it.

On treatment, the powder sample was shown to contain abundant amounts of ammonia as well as hydrocarbons.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12597564

I've always liked the panspermia theory.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#2New Post! Mar 01, 2011 @ 07:56:52
I see this as nothing more than Scientist's taking yet another stab in the dark.
How many more times before they admit they just don't know?.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 01, 2011 @ 08:01:11
@Demented Said

I see this as nothing more than Scientist's taking yet another stab in the dark.
How many more times before they admit they just don't know?.

How many more times what? Just give up and not look into new theories? With that attitude we'd still be living in caves.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#4New Post! Mar 01, 2011 @ 08:28:07
@SparklyKatie Said

How many more times what? Just give up and not look into new theories? With that attitude we'd still be living in caves.

They've blamed us for the worlds weather patterns changing in the way of saying Global warming.
I've pointed out more times than I care to remember now,(and this comes from a BBC Doco called Space,hosted by Sam Neill.) the Earth bob's up and down like a cork in a river,as far as it's position in the Galaxy,we move from a safe zone and then back into danger again.

We as Humans are the new kid's on the block,taking into consideration,just how long the Earth has been around before we turned up and most scientists can go back to when the Dinosaurs became extinct and have various THEORIES as to how it really happened ( the main one being an Asteroid).

They have also predicted the end of the Earth as Next year and on 1/1/2019 by another asteroid they named 2002NT7.

Katie I know what your saying,but just how much of what they tell us is pure speculation??but if I'm wrong I'm wrong,but until They can give facts and figures that make me believe they're right,to me it's still a stab in the dark.
LongTallDrink On December 28, 2011

Banned

Fingal's Cave, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 27, 2011 @ 16:55:55
Panspermia just 'passes the buck', lol. Biologists recognise they can't explain origin of life here, so they shift the blame elsewhere. It explains nothing - life still had to have an origin elsewhere. In the case of the undirected sort of Panspermia - ie the arrival of complex bio-molecules or components from space, it still doesn't explain the complexity of interactions of those elements here.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs