Forums: Science:
Sociology

I wonder if Social Science shouldbe deemed a hobbie... cus it doesnt pay much

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
VeRsTeHeN On April 29, 2015

St Agustine, Trinidad and Toba
#1New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 00:38:16
Im pursuing a BS in behavioral science.. and Im in complete aww of the subject but im wondering if it should be just a hobbie cus where i am from it doesnt really pay very much... but still gosh its the most interesting subject I hve every come across ...im like Sheldon from the Big Bang theory just in Social Sciences lol..
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 01:00:21
Proper scientists like Sheldon would look down on sociology though as it's not a hard science

I agree though psychology and sociology are both fascinating. I love learning about human behaviour and being able to use science in a practical sense rather than simply theoretical.

#3New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 01:05:05
Lol sheldon would defo argue that psychology and sociology are not hard science.trust me scientist look at behavioral scientist as piss offs but I think its the most amazing science of all.. things like surrealism ,non sequitur amazes me...esp abstract art... i love learning about life and adventure into the unknown...
Electric_Banana On about 4 hours ago

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 01:10:33
@Verstehen Said

Im pursuing a BS in behavioral science.. and Im in complete aww of the subject but im wondering if it should be just a hobbie cus where i am from it doesnt really pay very much... but still gosh its the most interesting subject I hve every come across ...im like Sheldon from the Big Bang theory just in Social Sciences lol..

Rather it pays or not if you learn from and are inspired from it - it's worth all the gold in the world.

If you believe in reincarnation perhaps your passion and learning of the subject will pay out the next time around.

#5New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 01:20:38
@Electric_Banana Said

Rather it pays or not if you learn from and are inspired from it - it's worth all the gold in the world.

If you believe in reincarnation perhaps your passion and learning of the subject will pay out the next time around.

lolol id be ghandi ,mandela and harry potter all wrapped in one..!

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 01:29:09
@Verstehen Said

lolol id be ghandi ,mandela and harry potter all wrapped in one..!

That about sums up all of us.

#7New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 01:30:18
@Electric_Banana Said

That about sums up all of us.

yet to some im considered a nothing.. sigh...

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 01:43:03
@Verstehen Said

yet to some im considered a nothing.. sigh...

Sweety, they'll all eventually find you in the end.

I've been alone most of my life and most of my time. All that mattered was that I found the love and reception of that which is all and everything.

Not to sound convicted with silly fundamental and popular religious principles but I'm happy to be with "god" no matter what "god" presents itself as or where "god" takes me as long as it never conflicts with my base principles of not harming others.

But from that loving and accepting understanding, there really is absolutely no desire to hurt anyone else any way.

#9New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 01:56:42
@Electric_Banana Said

Sweety, they'll all eventually find you in the end.

I've been alone most of my life and most of my time. All that mattered was that I found the love and reception of that which is all and everything.

Not to sound convicted with silly fundamental and popular religious principles but I'm happy to be with "god" no matter what "god" presents itself as or where "god" takes me as long as it never conflicts with my base principles of not harming others.

But from that loving and accepting understanding, there really is absolutely no desire to hurt anyone else any way.

in my culture being alone is a failure.. but as of now i am quiet happy enjoying life all by mself..I see life better and learn to lovemyself better when im alone

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 02:03:51
@Verstehen Said

in my culture being alone is a failure.. but as of now i am quiet happy enjoying life all by mself..I see life better and learn to lovemyself better when im alone

If you reach a point where all are quite and peaceful yet you do not find many friends or lovers - you're just at a rest stop. Tariki has backhandedly suggested many times that it is the garden of the Buddah. Beautiful, tranquil and oh so peaceful.

Definitely not the final stop, I don't think, but be it Heaven or Hell it is a place that either worlds return to take a break and have a rest. =)
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#11New Post! Sep 07, 2011 @ 02:41:35
@Verstehen Said

Lol sheldon would defo argue that psychology and sociology are not hard science.trust me scientist look at behavioral scientist as piss offs but I think its the most amazing science of all.. things like surrealism ,non sequitur amazes me...esp abstract art... i love learning about life and adventure into the unknown...

I realized I was too into my studies when I "diagnosed" Sheldon with Asperger's Syndrome and then wikipedia'd it and saw that other people had those thoughts too. Pretty good inter-rater relability
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs