Forums: Technology & Internet:
Online Scams

Customer service position ad off craigslist

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#1New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 18:54:44
Here's how it went when I replied to a "Customer Service" ad on craigslist..

Hi,

Thanks for the swift reply. We are going to be fully responsible for the car hire costs and gas. Also My Parents have come across a car which they would like to rent. It’s a Mercedes Benz S550. I will be in contact with them as regards its being delivered to you beforehand.

The Driving schedule provided is good and they would hope for a couple of wonderful rides.

Concerning your Payment, I will instruct a client of mine in the USA to send you a check which will cover payment for your first week of work and a part of my parents travel fees. Once you receive the Check in question you will be required to remove $500 for the first week and send the remaining funds on the check through Western Union to my parent’s Travel agent in Egypt so they could conclude the travel arrangements.

Furthermore, I will need the following details so the check could be issued asap. It’s going to be a splendid time and I'd assure you that you would enjoy rendering us your services.

Details Needed to Proceed:

FULL NAME:

STREET ADDRESS:

CITY/STATE/ZIPCODE:

PHONE NUMBER(S):

ACCEPTANCE OF OFFER: (YES/NO)

I'll really appreciate a quick response to this email if you are satisfied with the offer and I will immediately instruct my client to go ahead and issue out the check to you.

Do have a splendid day.

Cheers. Martin.

I knew right from the beginning that this guy is a

Anyway, I followed through and sure enough a Cashier's check shows up for $1950.00. I contacted the bank and they said that the check has already cleared on 6/15/2011 for a different amount. I reported it to the FBI online fraud reporting site. I also emailed "Martin" back with the above SCAMMER.gif file.

Now I'm waiting on another "Customer Service" position that wants me to be a "Secret Shopper". Gee, the first place she wants me to shop at is ... are you ready??? You guessed it... Western Union®!!! I can't believe that some people actually deposit the fraudulent check into their own account and immediately withdraw money before the check clears THEN send it to some obscure address in a different country. I'll keep you posted on the Secret Shopper" scam.

J.R.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs