Forums: Relationships:
Breaking Up

Hard to forget

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dudeman98 On January 13, 2012

Rochester, New York
#1New Post! Mar 14, 2011 @ 03:07:38
I just got dumped. My first girlfriend. She was pretty,nice,funny,on the short side, but thats alright. She was perfect. She felt bad for breaking up with me. She said we should still be friends. But now whenever I see her, I feel sad and/or awkward. I want to be friends with her still, but I can't be around her. Help!
darkangel28 On February 08, 2019
im a maplestoryadict

damn it started snowing again,
#2New Post! Mar 14, 2011 @ 03:19:30
@dudeman98 Said

I just got dumped. My first girlfriend. She was pretty,nice,funny,on the short side, but thats alright. She was perfect. She felt bad for breaking up with me. She said we should still be friends. But now whenever I see her, I feel sad and/or awkward. I want to be friends with her still, but I can't be around her. Help!

u fell that way because you still have feelings for her u shouldnt become friends with someone u just broke up with.
people sometimes say they wanna be friends to make it easier to break it off but if u feel awkward around her then u need to not be friends with her.
until u are totally over her.
most people dont become friends with their exs.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#3New Post! Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:19:05
Staying friends isn't wise nor all that successful a majority of the time. Feelings always get hurt.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:29:14
@Kristy69 Said

Staying friends isn't wise nor all that successful a majority of the time. Feelings always get hurt.

That's crap.

Sorry typing one handed doesn't end sucessfully.

It's crap that it doesn't work and that feelings always get hurt. My friend was left by her husband last summer. Nothing nasty in it they'd just grown apart. She still refers to him as her best friend and if she has a problem he's the first one she rings.

Sometimes that 'spark' just fizzles out and people drift apart. They don't hate each other and can be very good friends they just didn't work out as a couple.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#5New Post! Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:44:57
@angelcake Said

That's crap.

Sorry typing one handed doesn't end sucessfully.

It's crap that it doesn't work and that feelings always get hurt. My friend was left by her husband last summer. Nothing nasty in it they'd just grown apart. She still refers to him as her best friend and if she has a problem he's the first one she rings.

Sometimes that 'spark' just fizzles out and people drift apart. They don't hate each other and can be very good friends they just didn't work out as a couple.

Okay, my bad...

In my experience and from what I've seen that's difficult to do. Especially if one of them was really hurt in the break up.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#6New Post! Mar 14, 2011 @ 10:53:49
@Kristy69 Said

Okay, my bad...

In my experience and from what I've seen that's difficult to do. Especially if one of them was really hurt in the break up.

Agreed. I think the more in love you were with a person, the harder it is to stay friends from my observations.
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 14, 2011 @ 11:19:18
@plebian_angel Said

Agreed. I think the more in love you were with a person, the harder it is to stay friends from my observations.

I disagree... I was madly in love with my ex boyfriend and we are still good friends.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#8New Post! Mar 14, 2011 @ 11:56:14
@x_Laura_x Said

I disagree... I was madly in love with my ex boyfriend and we are still good friends.

Mine is from general observations. never said it was a hard rule for all.
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#9New Post! Mar 14, 2011 @ 15:39:32
It's different for everyone. Some people may love an ex but not be IN love with them and that's why it didn't work out couple wise but can as friends.

I still keep in contact with my first boyfriend from 5 years ago. He is engaged and I am happily taken but we are good friends. So, what is boils down to is whether or not BOTH of you still want a friendship. If you feel awkward take some time to yourself.
Tequila_Sunrise On February 15, 2023
Bom Chika wah wah ..

In your imagination, Australia
#10New Post! Mar 14, 2011 @ 15:43:56
My ex is my best mate now. It still hurts a lot but I know he has moved on and is happy, and I am happy for him. I am just glad that I can still be a part of his life because we were such a big part of each others lives for several years. I can confide in him with anything, because I know he knows me so well and he can help me out.
It hurts, and you are right, it is so hard to forget. But, it gets easier in time.
monkey On July 08, 2022

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Apr 29, 2011 @ 23:34:18
I felt like this, it is really hard for the first few months, I am over my ex-girlfriend and STILL get awkward/sad around her!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs