The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Local:
Australia

Alice Springs, crime capital of Australia!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
vekta On November 18, 2013

#16New Post! Sep 26, 2009 @ 02:20:56
Darkshine makes a very good point.

No one can really avoid the sociological forces at play.

Regardless of what free services they receive the fact that there identity as a people has been destroyed is an overwhelming powerful thing.
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#17New Post! Sep 26, 2009 @ 02:42:27
@vekta Said

Darkshine makes a very good point.

No one can really avoid the sociological forces at play.

Regardless of what free services they receive the fact that there identity as a people has been destroyed is an overwhelming powerful thing.

Frog-droppings!
This whole notion of their "identity" being somehow "destroyed" is merely Politically Correct Idealism. They are who they are, they a born largely to deprivation and prejudice, and have precious little connection to any real cultural identity. They go through the motions, but just as with most so-called christians and god, but they don't really have a traditional belief system anymore. They can be the most caring and wonderful people once they get to know you, but are prone to disaster because of they way they all hang together as a family, possessions and money count for little against that pressure.
This facet of them will, in the future, be a strength, once they can leave the current problems in their wake. Once they get focused, and they slowly but surely ARE, they will be able to use that as a support and reinforcement structure, rather than the burden it now is.
Give them time, and support, we're all Aussies and they deserve it just for that fact alone!

#18New Post! Sep 26, 2009 @ 02:51:03
@Marcussextus Said

Frog-droppings!
This whole notion of their "identity" being somehow "destroyed" is merely Politically Correct Idealism. They are who they are, they a born largely to deprivation and prejudice, and have precious little connection to any real cultural identity. They go through the motions, but just as with most so-called christians and god, but they don't really have a traditional belief system anymore. They can be the most caring and wonderful people once they get to know you, but are prone to disaster because of they way they all hang together as a family, possessions and money count for little against that pressure.
This facet of them will, in the future, be a strength, once they can leave the current problems in their wake. Once they get focused, and they slowly but surely ARE, they will be able to use that as a support and reinforcement structure, rather than the burden it now is.
Give them time, and support, we're all Aussies and they deserve it just for that fact alone!

"and have precious little connection to any real cultural identity..."

" but they don't really have a traditional belief system anymore.."

You said it better than I did...there identity as a people has been destroyed. Thank you for making darkshine's point.

Adelaide, Australia
#19New Post! Sep 26, 2009 @ 03:01:51
You missed MY point, that it's merely a word game, not a real thing. It has no bearing or effect on them, and shouldn't on us.

#20New Post! Sep 26, 2009 @ 03:20:03
@Marcussextus Said

You missed MY point, that it's merely a word game, not a real thing. It has no bearing or effect on them, and shouldn't on us.

Actually it's a very real thing. It's a sociological phenomenon related to how a certain group of people are categorized. Why are you so quick to point the finger at them? Why don't you question your social structure or take the risk of considering that perhaps the system set up to help these people is missing something?

The quotes from your first reply were used to high lighting the negative connotations of your view of them. Perhaps they really are more victim than villain of an inefficient system.

Adelaide, Australia
#21New Post! Sep 26, 2009 @ 03:59:31
As I said in my original post..and you repeated,.."They are as much victims of our attempts to help them as they are of the original invasion,".
" sociological phenomenon related to how a certain group of people are categorized."
God, how racist is THAT?
Words, words, and more words, by a lot of book taught "experts" that feed on misery. We've listened to them, and acted on their "advice" for thirty years, and look where it's got us!
I nowhere "pointed the finger at them", you merely try to interpret my words negatively.
I offer in rebuttal my previous words.
"Once they get focused, and they slowly but surely ARE, they will be able to use that as a support and reinforcement structure, rather than the burden it now is.
Give them time, and support, we're all Aussies and they deserve it just for that fact alone! "
My only "crime" is expecting all people to be responsible for themselves, their kids, and their Destiny. Our ancestors all fought for the right to do that, in many ways at many times and places, now it's their turn, such is the march of history.
Which side do you want to be on?
Those at the front making an effort in real terms, as I am, or with those resisting change, as you seem, repeat, seem, to be?
Of course there's always the "witnesses", those full of opinions and advice, but too uncaring to make any effort at all, but always willing to tell you what's wrong with the way you are trying?
Want the Indigenous to be just another part of our country, free and strong?
Then DO something about it.
ADUB87 On January 11, 2010

Deleted

Inside a triangle, Bermuda
#22New Post! Sep 26, 2009 @ 10:26:36
@desmond Said

The population is 22488 with an indig ; pop of 18.7
When you walk the streets of alice you would think there was a much greater population of indig; persons there because they are all there at the same time.

Yeah you have a problem so..... , Our population is bigger were i live but dublin is a tiny county. We had 67 murders since january 45 of them were gangland killings! It's a population of 1.5m.
Halolahal On September 30, 2009

The Island, Australia
#23New Post! Sep 26, 2009 @ 11:27:46
Crime capital = broady.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs