Forums: Gaming:
Roleplaying

Looking for a D&D Group

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
1sThatMyShirt On September 09, 2011

Reedsport, Oregon
#1New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 11:11:05
Hello fellow posters. I'm here hoping that amongst you are a few Dungeons and Dragons players, for my friends that I normally play with are unavailable. We could play on this forum (if we do, please be trustworthy about your rolls) or we could use an IM client or even a program made for playing across the Internet, such as OpenRPG. I am willing to be DM, as I have read all core books multiple times and I have them at the ready, just in case they're needed. Or I could Dual DM with another player, so that everyone could play a character. The choice is yours, reader. Reply if you're interested.

P.S. I play 3.5e because I hate 4e
Tailkinker On January 29, 2023
WorldOfDarknessQueen

My Backpack, Michigan
#2New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 13:34:10
@1sThatMyShirt Said

Hello fellow posters. I'm here hoping that amongst you are a few Dungeons and Dragons players, for my friends that I normally play with are unavailable. We could play on this forum (if we do, please be trustworthy about your rolls) or we could use an IM client or even a program made for playing across the Internet, such as OpenRPG. I am willing to be DM, as I have read all core books multiple times and I have them at the ready, just in case they're needed. Or I could Dual DM with another player, so that everyone could play a character. The choice is yours, reader. Reply if you're interested.

P.S. I play 3.5e because I hate 4e

I don't know how you would get an online D&D game off the ground, but if you are looking for a new group to game with, check out your area hobby store. Even if you live in a smallish town there are ussually other folks also looking to play. Also, if your group of friends are breaking up due to lack of interest you could look into alternating RPGs. There are a million cool roleplaying games out their. My friends and I go back and forth between three games. We play D&D, World of Darkness, and BootHill. Also we alternate DMs for the games. My boyfriend is undisputed Lord of BootHill, I GM World of Darkness, and a good friend of ours DMs D&D. We all work different shifts and have different times off, some of the guys have girlfriends that hate RPG night, and all of us have kids. But we schedule it so that we can get together two or three times a month and play all night long.

If you do get one off the ground I am game to try it. I play a level seven Kinder Bard.
1sThatMyShirt On September 09, 2011

Reedsport, Oregon
#3New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 13:47:54
The closest hobby store to my house is about 30 miles away, so that's definitely out of the question. And when I say they aren't available, I don't necessarily mean they're losing interest, we're just all too busy to play in a group right now. But yea, if I manage to get enough people together to get a game going, I'll be sure to let you know.

Usually, I always play my Elven Ranger, Syvarus.
Cross On May 03, 2014

springfield, Missouri
#4New Post! Apr 04, 2011 @ 01:07:20
Damnit man I would love to play, but as soon as I got a taste of 4.0 I didn't even want to touch 3.5 again. 4.0 is sooooooooo much more fluid! I can't believe you hate it! An easy way to Roleplay online though is skype. I'm not sure but I think you can do a conference with it. And if not you could definetly use IM, I know that thing allows conference. If you use the video you can visually see rolls as well as talk to the people. So it's almost like being there in person XD

But seriously, why do you hate 4.0.... the combat system is so much better... Not only that it actually evens out the classes so players won't feel less important then the other. Example: In 3.5 fighters are by far one of the best classes in the game in the lower lvl. But wizards/sorcerers not so much. But once you hit about lvl 10 unless you have a rediculous amount of magic items or you know cheesy little combos of classes and feats, wizards/sorcerers make fighers look like little b**** girlscouts. (Side Note: Even if you did know the best cheezy combinations to an uber melee character which I do, a wizard/sorcerer could easily do the same and STILL make you look weak)
Not only that, combat is rediculously slow and boring. You pretty much hafta imagine the fact that you parry and dodged your way to almost striking your opponent due to the fact that you rolled a one and it took you an entire minute to do so (gametime).
Basically not only does 4.0 balance the classes, simplify skill lists even further, fix magic items, and just overall make the game more fluid... It increases your fun factor of the game by at least 50% :P
raditz On March 24, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#5New Post! Apr 04, 2011 @ 01:13:39
I don't think the game would work on a forum, or chat. It would take weeks just to explore a room.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs