AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#31New Post! Feb 24, 2011 @ 03:01:08
@astrohamgirl Said

Thank you so much! That means a lot!
Also what you have said is very informative and I have to say I've never really thought about how adults act.

You're welcome. Glad to see you back.
astrohamgirl On June 16, 2012

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#32New Post! Feb 24, 2011 @ 03:02:14
@Mysteria Said

You're welcome. Glad to see you back.

Trust me I'm glad to be back!
astrohamgirl On June 16, 2012

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#33New Post! Feb 24, 2011 @ 12:41:39
@aneil Said

i think it's something that alot of people look at differently and even change their minds about as they grow older.

for example- when i started high school it took me 2 years to get popular and start getting invited to the "cool" parties.
alot of people

i made a small group of friends who i met in sailing school and the swim team and we were 1 of the many cliques on the cool side of the spectrum-
between the 5 of us, there was always a situation where 4 would make fun of 1- sometimes maybe serious bullying, until he'll push himself to where we can't make fun of him and then the tables would turn and another person would become the 1 that was bullied.

sometimes i hated those guys, and genuinely thought that none liked me either. i thought that i only chilled with them for social status,

but then 1 day i realized that by doing what he did- we pushed ourselves to become like kings not only in our school but in the entire city.

on the outside looking in we must have looked like we were using each other but we're friends to this day!

here's another situation:
at my university, there's a group of girls that are friends. they're all unpopular and most are fat.

they seem like a nice group of friends who care about each other to people on the outside of their group.
for each of their birthday's they have a small party and bring cake (thats how i met them, i was sitting near them and they offered me cake)

they seem to support each other but in reality they drag each other down- because i honestly see thm eating cake at least once a week and none of them ever suggests that they should start dieting.

it does sound kind of odd.
but sometimes the a*****es are really your friends and your friends are really a*****es.

Okay first lets take the word "fat" out of the equation and put in overweight instead. Here's my personal opinion on what you are saying here.

I understand where you are coming from, but do you know these girls personally? Do you know their health history? Possibly they are overweight because of genetics? The fact is that you might never know.

I'm sensitive to this topic because my mom is considered overweight. She is a nervous eater because of events that happened in her childhood. Her dad committed suicide when she was 10 and she began to eat because of depression.

Those girls could have hidden demons that they are not sharing with one another. Also, they could just feel better around one another because they all know that they are fighting the same battle. Yes it would be a great idea for them to diet together, but other components in life could interfere with that.

Again this is my personal opinion.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#34New Post! Feb 24, 2011 @ 15:02:11
@astrohamgirl Said

Okay first lets take the word "fat" out of the equation and put in overweight instead. Here's my personal opinion on what you are saying here.

I understand where you are coming from, but do you know these girls personally? Do you know their health history? Possibly they are overweight because of genetics? The fact is that you might never know.

I'm sensitive to this topic because my mom is considered overweight. She is a nervous eater because of events that happened in her childhood. Her dad committed suicide when she was 10 and she began to eat because of depression.

Those girls could have hidden demons that they are not sharing with one another. Also, they could just feel better around one another because they all know that they are fighting the same battle. Yes it would be a great idea for them to diet together, but other components in life could interfere with that.

Again this is my personal opinion.

sorry, i should have used overweight.

i don't know the girls very well- but in the short time that i knew them they talked 1 girl out of starting going to the gym.

they could be fighting the same battle, or it could be genetics- the fact is i might never know.

similarly, you may not know the nature of many of these "fake friendships" at you school.

cliques are always different from the outside looking in.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#35New Post! Feb 24, 2011 @ 16:40:30
Meh, if that's what gets them through the day, let them have their cliques. Though my "clique" was a medly of groups. We had a couple hicks, nerds, anime artists, gamers, liberals, bookworms... As long as they're respectful, They're good enough for me.

(I was what you'd call a loner)
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Feb 24, 2011 @ 17:27:28
we didnt really have cliques in my school, everyone was equally awful. Or maybe we did and i never noticed. I've never really paid much attention to it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs