Apple Computers

Apple - Style Over Substance?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:16:42
I was wondering this, are apple products largely style over substance?

E.g the Mac, really nice to use, cool gimicky features, nice to look at yet when speaking to people who know their salt when it comes to computers they seem to generally believe PCs are better.

iPod: Whilst I really like my iPod and use it often I remember when I got it being told I should go for a creative. Apparently they are much better machines, yet iPods are fun to use, specially the iPod touch

iPhone: Expensive and (issues i've posted in another thread aside) fun to use, yet again people always say that iPhones are not as good as other Smartphones which are on the market.

Is this a case of apple products looking nice but not being that great, or are they in fact really good but people don't want to admit it or is it something in between?
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#2New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:32:50
Are apple products good? yes.
Are they as good as apple fanboys make out? hell no.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 04:13:50
My iPod is getting old, I won't buy another one though. I want a Cowon J3 next. I hear they're amazingly good.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#4New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 04:35:22
Apples good at setting a precedent... Opening up the market with new and stylish products. Other companies are good at taking that new market and making more competitive day-to-day products. But you gotta give Apple props for starting the trends.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#5New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 04:35:58
Think about the Tablet. Most out on the market were over-priced pieces of crap, then came the iPad, now suddenly other companies are stepping up their game
Sammy650 On March 06, 2011

, Australia
#6New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 11:48:57
I think that Apple products are overrated to be honest. I don't know though, maybe it's just because around here almost everyone has a macbook/ iphone/ ipad/ ipod or several of their gadgets. Their products are very expensive and I think that fanatics just buy whatever they release now because of their reputation. The iPad in particular, I mean, as far as I know it does mostly the same things as an iPhone but is just a really stupid size lol.

With their laptops I think the style over substance thing is probably true - like with the macbook air's - they're too small for a disc drive or anything like that, and they feel too weak because they're overly thin.

I'm not opposed to Apple things particularly (although it might sound like it, lol), but in many ways I don't think they're any better than other products on the market..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs