US Elections

Why is it you don't want to vote?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#16New Post! Nov 02, 2010 @ 20:49:05
Childrens, the only person that I ever vote for is ME.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#17New Post! Nov 02, 2010 @ 20:51:08
Because both guys who're running suck!!
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#18New Post! Nov 02, 2010 @ 21:02:56
@chisa96 Said

I'm not because right or wrong, I'm largely unconcerned with the world at large. I certainly have no desire to influence it. I'm very "what will be will be", and I'll go on living my life as I please. I will adapt to whatever little changes may occur from a new official, and should I ever be unable to adapt, I'll leave.

I simply don't care about who's in office.

I have the exact opposite attitude...and mainly because working where I work...its' amazing how one person can change things for the better...and i find it weird that so many do not take that opportunity...but to each their own and I can understand that.

@DiscordTiger Said

That being said, I voted. I almost didn't, I'm really frustrated by the whole process this year. and the local races are really ugly and dirty this year. My only reason for not voting would have boiled down to "laziness". Yes, its inconvenient, but meh most things in life are.

Exactly...my only reason that I wouldn't vote would be laziness.

But, i'm voting, leaving in about five minute to go in fact.

Also..I agree...the local races have been EXTREMELY ugly this year...its crazy.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#19New Post! Nov 02, 2010 @ 21:07:06
@DiscordTiger Said

If you get fed up and move away why would you want to still vote in local elections. You are not a resident anymore, even if you still have your citizenship. Its not like being stationed away in the military or on vacation. That just doesn't make sense to me.

I never said that I wanted to vote,... I said that I didn't even have the right to vote. What is there to mis-understand? I spent a total of some fifteen years out-of-country, and as politics will be, things changed. No great mystery there, either.
Olivia_Kelly On March 04, 2011

#20New Post! Nov 02, 2010 @ 21:09:37
@chisa96 Said

I'm not because right or wrong, I'm largely unconcerned with the world at large. I certainly have no desire to influence it. I'm very "what will be will be", and I'll go on living my life as I please. I will adapt to whatever little changes may occur from a new official, and should I ever be unable to adapt, I'll leave.

I simply don't care about who's in office.

I feel almost the same way, but also, I've come to find that it doesn't matter who is elected because all of the candidates suck anyways
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#21New Post! Nov 02, 2010 @ 21:22:48
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

I never said that I wanted to vote,... I said that I didn't even have the right to vote. What is there to mis-understand? I spent a total of some fifteen years out-of-country, and as politics will be, things changed. No great mystery there, either.

It sounded like you left because voting for an official didn't go your way, and were then frustrated the embassy didn't let you vote after you left.

Now, it sounds like you went abroad for reasons other than the outcome of one election, and that was the part I misunderstood. it just sounded weird considering the topic of the thread and what Chisa saying about if it gets bad enough, she would leave.

It just sounded like, you declared: I'm taking my toys and going home, but then were frustrated that no one would play with you. I just saw a connection that was not there, so I said I didn't understand, hoping for a little clarification. That's all.

Yes, the more politics change, the more they stay the same, its the nature of the cycle, but I can see where it would be more appealing at at times to some more than others.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#22New Post! Nov 02, 2010 @ 21:30:15
@DiscordTiger Said

It just sounded like, you declared: I'm taking my toys and going home, but then were frustrated that no one would play with you. I just saw a connection that was not there, so I said I didn't understand, hoping for a little clarification. That's all.

Yes, the more politics change, the more they stay the same, its the nature of the cycle, but I can see where it would be more appealing at at times to some more than others.

My internal declaration was: I don't have any toys, and I'm leaving home, because an ass-hole (Nixon) invited me to leave, if I didn't like the way things were being run.

@Wikipedia, on Richard M. Nixon, Said

Nixon's trip to China set in motion the eventual recognition of the communist regime as the legitimate government of China, and the de-recognition of the ROC as a member of the Security Council of the United Nations. If Senator Church, President Jimmy Carter, et al. had not deflected the momentum toward a total sell-out of the non-communist residents of Taiwan, a deep stain of total and crass betrayal of loyal allies and innocent ordinary people would have resulted.

Under the administration of President Carter, the costs originally to be borne by the citizens of Taiwan as a result of U.S. adherence to Realpolitik were ameliorated by laws sponsored by Senator Church et al., and de facto diplomatic ties were maintained by a "non-governmental organization" that, as one State Department functionary put it, was a "wholly owned subsidiary of the U.S. Department of State." The "no two China" policy has stood as accepted policy down to the present, and the U.S. exerts its influence to restrain mainland China from attacking and retaking Taiwan. The status quo has become more and more difficult to maintain as mainland China periodically fires missiles that come close to Taiwan and while a high percentage of people in Taiwan favor declaring independence from China. The original amoral approach of Kissinger and Nixon have left a legacy of potential conflict.

And I have not yet forgotten...
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#23New Post! Nov 03, 2010 @ 00:32:32
Thank you all for responses! I appreciate your time!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs