AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
CRYSTALTIPS On January 01, 2011
Crystallized Gem

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#76New Post! Oct 06, 2010 @ 23:33:42
@jmo Said

Potentially. Personally I have no problem with people being rude on the forums, just with people derailing threads.

It just so happens that most of those who do the former seem to thrive in the latter.

My thread was de-railed the other day and I was majorly pissed off
Bimbo On November 16, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Monaco
#77New Post! Oct 06, 2010 @ 23:36:00
@jmo Said

I think you are making the mistake of believing most of my posts are written in the same manor of those I direct at you.

Manner. A manor is a feudal lordship. What makes you think I was referring exclusively to you? There are a number of members who qualify, lol. The double standards are general.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#78New Post! Oct 06, 2010 @ 23:37:32
Good Lord, could we get back on topic now? Sheesh!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#79New Post! Oct 06, 2010 @ 23:45:23
@Bimbo Said

Manner. A manor is a feudal lordship. What makes you think I was referring exclusively to you? There are a number of members who qualify, lol. The double standards are general.

I didn't imply you were speaking exclusively to me, only that I was included in your comment. My point stands that those (and let me be clear, I am referring to you amongst others) who derail threads manage to be rude as well, above and beyond the derailment of the thread.

I won't criticise you for being rude, nor for your apparent 'misunderstanding' of arguments (be it genuine or fake) but I will criticise you for derailing threads and being the main architect for doing it, and that includes your seemingly constant attempts to do it on this thread.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#80New Post! Oct 06, 2010 @ 23:46:15
FACE-f***ING-PALM.

Back on topic PLEASE.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#81New Post! Oct 07, 2010 @ 00:23:46
@Grasshopper Said

Dude, she apologized to Bimbo, not you.

Anyways... It's EXTREMELY rude to derail somebody's journal entry! I've seen that.

I've seen that happen and it is very rude to do that in someone else's journal. I usually delete the posts if people start trying to de-rail it.

Deleted
Banned

, Monaco
#82New Post! Oct 07, 2010 @ 00:38:04
@jmo Said

I didn't imply you were speaking exclusively to me, only that I was included in your comment. My point stands that those (and let me be clear, I am referring to you amongst others) who derail threads manage to be rude as well, above and beyond the derailment of the thread.

I won't criticise you for being rude, nor for your apparent 'misunderstanding' of arguments (be it genuine or fake) but I will criticise you for derailing threads and being the main architect for doing it, and that includes your seemingly constant attempts to do it on this thread.

There is no irrelevance to my comments here. As has been pointed out by a number of people, if you could be bothered to read their posts, derailment is usually not a deliberate act but a normal consequence of conversation. But, naturally, only the socially skilled would be aware of that.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#83New Post! Oct 07, 2010 @ 00:40:51
@Bimbo Said

There is no irrelevance to my comments here. As has been pointed out by a number of people, if you could be bothered to read their posts, derailment is usually not a deliberate act but a normal consequence of conversation. But, naturally, only the socially skilled would be aware of that.

Oh, we have seen people do it deliberately and repeatedly. Hence the whole point of this announcement.
FinchMeister On December 08, 2018
R8UpLittleTramps@ss

ReganNormanMinionluv,
#84New Post! Oct 07, 2010 @ 01:16:47
Lets hope (BLANK) learn.
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#85New Post! Oct 08, 2010 @ 01:19:27
We are learning, but I'm still seeing "slight" derailings....*sigh* I'm so glad I'm not a mod!!!!
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#86New Post! Oct 08, 2010 @ 01:32:26
@BozieFozie Said

We are learning, but I'm still seeing "slight" derailings....*sigh* I'm so glad I'm not a mod!!!!

Then report it
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#87New Post! Oct 08, 2010 @ 01:40:37
@floydgirrl Said

Then report it

Well, Floyd, I mean "slight" derails....such as saying "hi" to friends, or making ONE comment off-topic but then the next being on-topic. Next time it really bothers me, I will report it though. Thanks!
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#88New Post! Oct 08, 2010 @ 01:53:12
@BozieFozie Said

Well, Floyd, I mean "slight" derails....such as saying "hi" to friends, or making ONE comment off-topic but then the next being on-topic. Next time it really bothers me, I will report it though. Thanks!

Slight derails are not and have not ever been a problem.

It pages of it that is. If you have moved into a totally different topic that is going on for more than a few posts. move it to a different thread.

Of course there are a few threads that cannot be derailed like Post Your Mind, Ace of Randomness and most if not all of the Pointless Banter type conversation threads.

Deleted
Banned

, Monaco
#89New Post! Oct 08, 2010 @ 01:56:14
@DiscordTiger Said

Slight derails are not and have not ever been a problem.

It pages of it that is. If you have moved into a totally different topic that is going on for more than a few posts. move it to a different thread.

Of course there are a few threads that cannot be derailed like Post Your Mind, Ace of Randomness and most if not all of the Pointless Banter type conversation threads.

So you mean basically start a new thread. I take it if the person who makes the thread doesn't mind then it isn't a problem?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#90New Post! Oct 08, 2010 @ 07:34:29
Look, dont think too much about it. Everyone derails from time to time. Just note that if you are given a warning to please stop then take heed because to continue is downright rude.

Also if your own thread is hijacked report it so that we can tidy it up.

Apart from that just carry on as normal.

Since this thread was made i have not seen any mass derailments, just one minor so thanks to all who have taken note.
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)