The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Teens:
Future Plans

Am i the only person that isnt sure what they want to do in the future...?!?!?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
rocky On September 11, 2010

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jul 21, 2010 @ 16:48:10
@woodrow Said

I've only ever met a few people who "knew" what they want to do. Honestly, I don't believe that most of them will actually go on to do that or really understand what "that" involves. Either way, you're fine. In fact, I know some older people (mid 30s) who say the same thing: "I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up."

When I'm uncertain about things, I start writing (or in my case, typing) things down. Sometimes lists work. In this case, I might make a list of things I might love to do (occupations, companies, job responsibilities, etc.) and the path I'd like to take (majors, grad school, job in public/private sector, teach English abroad, etc.). Then, just let it marinate and research stuff online.

What I found useful was crossing out all of the options I really DIDN'T want to do, and that meant I had much more focus. I'm still not sure what I want to do, but using process of elimination means I now have fewer options to consider.
ItsCourtneyX On February 19, 2011

Deleted

Assville, Ohio
#17New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 05:32:54
I'm going to be a Junior in high school and I'm constantly getting asked the same thing. The problem is too many careers sound appealing to me.

It's normal, don't give it too much thought. Maybe try job shadowing or taking a career aptitude test. Research career fields, considering your lifestyle, standard of living, and where you plan on being 10 years from now.

It's easier if you make a list of jobs that sound interesting and then research and cross them out as you go, eventually you'll figure out what you want to do. It just takes time for some people.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs