World Cup

Video Technology

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 08:43:28
Video Technology Confirms England Are Very Bad At Football.

ENGLAND are heading home from the World Cup today after state-of-the-art video technology showed the ball crossing their goal line many, many times.

As questions were raised over why the Uruguayan officials had spotted all four German goals, the specially positioned cameras around the Bloemfontein Stadium confirmed that England's 2010 squad will forever be remembered as the 'team that never was'.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/video-technology-confirms-england-are-very-bad-at-football-201006282855/

Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 12:58:37
I was rather amused by the reply of the German goalkeeper after the game when asked if he saw the ball bounce down over the line. I can't remember his exact words, but it went something like:

"I saw the ball bounce only just over the line, by about a half a metre"

Germans with a sense of humour..!! Whatever next.

jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 13:04:59
I never get why German's have a reputation for not having a sense of humour, every German I know is really funny. They are good at Ironic humour I think, quite dry but a very British style of humour. Weird they have this reputation for not being funny.

I actually love German people, I find them the most down to earth people.
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 14:02:14
A lot of the Germans that come over from our Cologne office seem to have no sense of humour. A couple of them do, but the majority don't. It could just seem like that because English isn't their first language which makes it harder for them to understand our jokes.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 30, 2010 @ 06:02:50
I think we like to rib the Germans. I agree with Jim, they are a very pleasant people who DO have a sense of humour, but it is so subtle and unobvious at times that it goes right over the heads of the more blatant British. It's there... but we just miss it..!!

The end result of this, is that they could never produce a Basil Fawlty, or a Del Boy, or make a movie like Life of Brian..... and so because their humour isn't as "in-yer-face" as ours is, we tend to think of them as humourless.

It's a stereotype, that's all, but it's fun to make a little good-natured dig from time to time... I'm sure that, being the people they are, they see the funny side.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs