Labour Four Points Ahead Of Tories

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 03, 2010 @ 00:57:42
Amongst women voters, interestingly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/exclusive-vote-of-no-confidence-in-tory-economic-policies-1886330.html

If there were an election today, and no men voted, then Labour would win with an estimated majority of 68 MPs! Despite being behind in the overall polls far more women are likely to vote Labour than men.
freakeystyleydan On February 15, 2010

canterbury, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 03, 2010 @ 03:34:28
The title raised my expectations, then the topic dashed them.

Labour will still have to deal with the mass disfranchisement of their core demographic to have any chance though; sadly, in general, Tory voters will come out hell or high water whereas Labour and the other left parties' voters have a tendency to be a bit more fickle, perhaps due to the more regimented sense of order inherent in the right parties.

Still, if Brown can pin Cameron down on some unpopular cuts and keep pressing at other areas to see whether there's any substance under the glossy veneer, I can actually see Labour having a chance in the election.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#3New Post! Feb 03, 2010 @ 17:13:23
@freakeystyleydan Said

The title raised my expectations, then the topic dashed them.

Labour will still have to deal with the mass disfranchisement of their core demographic to have any chance though; sadly, in general, Tory voters will come out hell or high water whereas Labour and the other left parties' voters have a tendency to be a bit more fickle, perhaps due to the more regimented sense of order inherent in the right parties.

Still, if Brown can pin Cameron down on some unpopular cuts and keep pressing at other areas to see whether there's any substance under the glossy veneer, I can actually see Labour having a chance in the election.

Labour is still gaining on the Tories, still behind, by 7 points I think, but the gap is decreasing. By far the most popular party in Scotland still (but you could expect that).

I wouldn't be surprised to see a hung Parliament. What is amazing though is Labour are in diseray, if the Tories can't finish off Labour in their current state it shows how much the UK still mistrust the Conservatives.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#4New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 08:59:58
Hmmm that is interesting. I say that because quite a few labour people I know have always said how the tories are voted in by a bunch of "blue rinse old bags". Well who's laughing now 8)

This is nothing more than a gut feeling on my behalf though (Sorta changing the subject slightly), but in this election, I don't think we should be trusting opinion polls at all. It's a different ball game and has been for a few years - and I say that because the LibDems have been picking up votes from SOMEWHERE. They've been winning seats in all sorts of odd places, and this means a party could no longer count on the magic "42%" in the polls to be on course for power.

BUT, labour have this week won by-elections from the Libdems in northern England and Wales. Hmmmmmm
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 11:13:22
I hope Labour win.
Shams On December 14, 2012

Tiny town, Cocos (Keeling) Isl
#6New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 11:30:21
Labour. Rather the devil you know.
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 11:32:50
The Sun back the Tories now, shows what a bunch of c***y f***tards own that paper *cough*Rupert Murdoch*cough*
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 11:33:56
@MonkeyMadness Said

The Sun back the Tories now, shows what a bunch of c***y f***tards own that paper *cough*Rupert Murdoch*cough*

funky cucktards?
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 11:38:12
@treebee Said

funky cucktards?

Could be a band name!
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 11:39:47
@MonkeyMadness Said

Could be a band name!

Quick to the patent office!
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 14:12:05
@Shams Said

Labour. Rather the devil you know.

I agree.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 14:13:55
I'm voting Labour

Or Monster Raving Loony party, I love their manifesto proposals.

Wheelie Bins:
The idea of weight monitoring chips in wheelie bins should be scrapped, instead the wheels should be removed, this would mean that if people generated too much waist they could not put their non-wheelie bin out for collection. It would also help prevent them being chucked into canals.

Needles:
Due to the increasing number of children afraid of needles, I propose the destruction of the tedious, scary and often painful process of school vaccinations.
Instead, I propose that highly trained nurses should be given free reign on the playground with specially modified tranquillizer rifles which apply vaccinations as well as a tranquillizer. This would have two main benefits: It would be less scary for the children as they will not know what hit them, also it will be more fun for the nurses

Hypocrites:
It is proposed that all politicians be made to swear a "hippocratic oath", preventing them by law from being Hypocrites. All politicians should be made to stand by their policies, or or at least admit that they were wrong.

Put a Sock in it:
All socks to be sold in packs of 3 as a precaution against losing one.

Isle of?:
It is proposed that the Isle of Man be renamed to "The Isle of Men, Women, Children and some Animals" as not just men live there.

https://www.loonyparty.com/index.php?page=manifestoproposals-1

jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#13New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 14:16:25
This is a little off topic, but the head of Stirling Uni's student Union has been called to 'apologise' as he sent his friend on his private facebook page one of the joke images of 'Call me Dave' Cameron to his mate by the head of Stirling Uni's Conservative Union.

Just me or is that the pettyest stupidest thing you've ever heard? The head of the Conservative Union is in my year and doing two of my modules. Total f***ing knob end. What sort of 20 year old supports the Tories anyway? He goes to lectures wearing Chino trousers, socks and sandles etc. Total f***ing weirdo and c***.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 14:20:03
@SparklyKatie Said

I'm voting Labour

Or Monster Raving Loony party, I love their manifesto proposals.

Wheelie Bins:
The idea of weight monitoring chips in wheelie bins should be scrapped, instead the wheels should be removed, this would mean that if people generated too much waist they could not put their non-wheelie bin out for collection. It would also help prevent them being chucked into canals.

Needles:
Due to the increasing number of children afraid of needles, I propose the destruction of the tedious, scary and often painful process of school vaccinations.
Instead, I propose that highly trained nurses should be given free reign on the playground with specially modified tranquillizer rifles which apply vaccinations as well as a tranquillizer. This would have two main benefits: It would be less scary for the children as they will not know what hit them, also it will be more fun for the nurses

Hypocrites:
It is proposed that all politicians be made to swear a "hippocratic oath", preventing them by law from being Hypocrites. All politicians should be made to stand by their policies, or or at least admit that they were wrong.

Put a Sock in it:
All socks to be sold in packs of 3 as a precaution against losing one.

Isle of?:
It is proposed that the Isle of Man be renamed to "The Isle of Men, Women, Children and some Animals" as not just men live there.

https://www.loonyparty.com/index.php?page=manifestoproposals-1

I love the sock idea, very practical!

It's a shame there aren't many MRLP candidates about these days.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#15New Post! Feb 20, 2010 @ 14:21:04
It's politics. Some labour guy was told to apologise after calling the tories "scum sucking pigs".

As for the Sun, well they just like to be on the winning side - simple as that. They don't care who gets in.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs