Forums:
Politics

plz dont vote for bush

AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
robre On June 03, 2004

Cookeville, Tennessee
#76New Post! Mar 11, 2004 @ 03:47:01
Waste means "waste." I was just paraphrasing what I heard Nolan say in an interview in that post.

https://www.garynolan.com/video/lib_alt_a.ram
roamer On October 21, 2004

#77New Post! Oct 07, 2004 @ 04:40:04
I don't like Bush

I don't like Kerry that much

I want to vote

I don't want throw my vote away voting for a 3rd party candidate.

so, what to do? Anyone got any suggestions?
kegerator On November 12, 2004

Cookeville, Tennessee
#78New Post! Oct 12, 2004 @ 20:21:24
wow, i dont even remember writing that first post. to tell you the truth i was probably really drunk.

but i still dont want you to vote for bush. and hears my thoughts on why....

Enviroment.
I've just read town books here recently that really attacks Bush's views on the enviroment. it was absolutley distrubing. Personally i dont think my kids are going to have a sustainable world to grow up in. These books were written by some TV show columist, they were wrtten by experts. One with Nineveh was written by paul and anne elrich. this was probably there last book because there like 70 years old or something. they have been studing human ecology for many many years. they were involved with the first international talks of cutting CO2 emmisions in 92 or something in RIO. check that book out, if you want, ill loan it to you. it is a great and in-depth read about sustainable life and politics.

The second book i am reading about this issue, is Robert Kennedy's bookCrimes Against Nature. Now before you go off spewing about Kennedy being a liberal democrat and blah blah blah, this guy is a eviromental lawyer who has seen what Bush has done FIRST HAND. So many of his trials trying to hold BIG BIZ companies accountalble for their pollution have been stopped in dead heat by the Bush administraion. But the even more important issue in that book is how the Bush administration is in this grotesque orgy with all the polluting companies. These corperations have taken over our government. So many of the adminsitraion appointies were former lobbyists for the polluting industries. This book goes into the marrigage of right-wing ideology and BIG BIZ starting with the 1970s after earth day. Thats when Big Biz saw how the green revolution could cut into there profits. They Immediately got together to battle the eviromentalists, starting with Joe Coors and the funding of the heritage foundation. Now it seems they have peaked since they finally paid for there man to be in office. Bush has rolled back over 200 enviorment protection laws because these people will contribute 50 million dollars to his campagn efforts. Oh yeah the mass media is a part of that too. Unfortunately they dont like to educate the citizenry on many of these things. I never heard of the Kyoto Protocol till waaaay after we walked away from it.

Whats so f***ing christian about polluting our natural world just to make a buck?

Abortion
Quit it, stop please im going to scream, this should be a non-issue.

National Security
When al-Queda started to plan the 9/11 attacks way before 2001, there was probably under 500 members as quoted by CIA officals. How many do you think there are now? do you think less? wrong. All this war in Iraq has done is just create more hate for America. Now don't get me wrong Afganistan->good. We should have finished the war there before moving on. Yes saddam gone is good, but come on people, look all over the world people dont agree with us. Now Bush said in the debate, I wont follow popular decision(or something to that extent), BUT ISNT THAT WHAT DEMOCRACY IS>!>?>!>? If we are going to fight a GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR, shouldnt we try and keep the globe involved? Personally i think nationally security is a subset of global security. if the globe is secure then we will be secure.

Taxes and corperate welfare
when i was growing up my dad used to talk to me abbout politics. It was always about Dems and welfare and how there just lazy. Hand outs, pfft he would say. Unfortuantely I dont think he knows the amount of money the government hands out in subsidies every year. What about not allowing the import of drugs?!?!? All these republicans talk about the free Market being a FIX-ALL for any kind of problem. FIX THE f***ING HEALTH CARE COSTS BY ALLOWING A TRUELY FREE MARKET. but yet once again CEO's own our government and perseude the white house to ban import of drugs.

Bush says he cuts taxes for the rich to stimulate jobs and growth. If your giving the OPTION of spending 100 dollars on yourself or giving that to charity or some student orginization, what are you going to choose? s*** i know, im going to take that 100 bucks and go get drunk. Why not just tax the super rich, and then directly put that money into research for improving our technologies, like solar power, better mass transportaion, better health care, EDUCATION (which has also skyrocketed in the last 4 years).

Ok im going to shut the f*** up now and await you replies. please challenge me, becuase politics and the way human society is proceding has consumed my thoughts and actions this summer. i've been training in the off season, now im ready for some action.

Cookeville, Tennessee
#79New Post! Oct 12, 2004 @ 20:24:44
roamer, my suggestion is to get educated on the real issues, do some research. use the internet, read some books, and most of all WATCH SOME f***ING C-SPAN. i can't get enough of those two channels.

and then after all that vote for David Cobb, or John Kerry.

I think i just might vote for Cobb, cause he's got the balls to stand up for what he believes in, even if it gets him arrested.

https://www.gp.org/press/pr_10_08_04b.html
roamer On October 21, 2004

#80New Post! Oct 12, 2004 @ 20:33:17
Ehhh...who needs to even be educated when you come from a family of yellow-dog democrats :D I'll just make the obvious choice and vote for Kerry, he really convinced me that he has what it takes when I watched him in that second debate.

Cookeville, Tennessee
#81New Post! Oct 12, 2004 @ 20:47:42
HEH, i was bored and raised staunch republican, but i got my mom and sis to go kerry. my dad is the only one left $)
dolphinluver16 On June 19, 2008

Cincinnati, Ohio
#82New Post! Jan 02, 2006 @ 19:14:49
Satellite radio sucks. My dad got one of these for Christmas. Sirius is supposed to be the better of the two brands. My dad cannot get any reception on his at all. It is not worth the money! Stay with regular radio and NOT satellite radio.
arod On December 19, 2008

NYC, New York
#83New Post! May 13, 2006 @ 21:07:57
Bever in a million yeres would i.

i hate bush

must get revenge

arod On December 19, 2008

NYC, New York
#84New Post! May 13, 2006 @ 21:07:59
Bever in a million yeres would i.

i hate bush

must get revenge

rocket325 On August 07, 2015

Northwest, Connecticut
#85New Post! May 13, 2006 @ 23:35:02
@kegerator Said
he lied, messing things up, and people think that the US is a bunch of d***s

no sweat...
not even possible;
he cant run for a THIRD term

kind of a moot thread.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#86New Post! May 13, 2006 @ 23:37:35
@rocket325 Said
no sweat...
not even possible;
he cant run for a THIRD term

kind of a moot thread.

This thread was created before the last election

I love how everyone before arod had an age of 0
st0nerdude On March 28, 2009

pfft, Denmark
#87New Post! May 13, 2006 @ 23:48:26
@kegerator Said

ok, wont vote for him then.
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#88New Post! May 14, 2006 @ 04:19:23
@annski729 Said
This thread was created before the last election

I love how everyone before arod had an age of 0

15 points, 7 points, 28 points . . . they sure were busy, huh?
dellboy On April 04, 2007

liverpool, United Kingdom
#89New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 20:38:34
did u say bush, the war monger,
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#90New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 20:40:31
@kegerator Said

OK I wont!
Locked<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>