Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#16New Post! Nov 25, 2006 @ 09:11:10
@dragonwars Said
I know I seriously hope political correctness goes soon, it helps no-one, there is a massive difference between the people who are racist and those who make racist comments or do things that can be determined as racist. The problem with racism is people need a reason to justify a hate and people want to get rid of the hate so they try to remove the weapon.
As someone once said in my primary school, which i really took notice of.
"I don't hate him because he is different"
"I hate him because he is a horrible person and he happens to be different"

If I hate a guy, who happens to be black, because he's a horrible person, then can I call him a nigger?
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Nov 25, 2006 @ 09:12:15
@dragonwars Said
I know I seriously hope political correctness goes soon, it helps no-one, there is a massive difference between the people who are racist and those who make racist comments or do things that can be determined as racist. The problem with racism is people need a reason to justify a hate and people want to get rid of the hate so they try to remove the weapon.
As someone once said in my primary school, which i really took notice of.
"I don't hate him because he is different"
"I hate him because he is a horrible person and he happens to be different"

political correctness is worse than what it is trying to correct. we all have our own little ways and most of us have been happily plodding along minding our own business, then suddenly soemone comes along and says you cant say/do that anymore cos you might offend someone in the process!!!
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#18New Post! Nov 25, 2006 @ 09:47:11
@shaggyjebus Said
If I hate a guy, who happens to be black, because he's a horrible person, then can I call him a nigger?

Pretty much, if you call someone you don't like fat who is fat do you get in trouble?

Deleted

#19New Post! Nov 25, 2006 @ 09:48:25
@dragonwars Said
Pretty much, if you call someone you don't like fat who is fat do you get in trouble?

I don't get in trouble with your example because a fat person is fat. It's the word for the condition.

"Nigger" isn't the word for a person of African descent though. "Black" has become acceptable, but "nigger" is still a very offensive word.

Wellington, New Zealand
#20New Post! Nov 25, 2006 @ 09:51:12
nigger is derived from Negro which is the correct name for them, black is a wrong description for the color of their skin I would argue black should be more offensive, nigger is just an easier way of saying a word with is otherwise long to say because it has an o in it

Deleted

#21New Post! Nov 25, 2006 @ 09:54:34
@dragonwars Said
nigger is derived from Negro which is the correct name for them, black is a wrong description for the color of their skin I would argue black should be more offensive, nigger is just an easier way of saying a word with is otherwise long to say because it has an o in it

But black people are more used to being called black. (See? They don't mind.)

"Nigger," however, can get you beat up in a heartbeat. And called a racist just as fast. This is because "nigger" is in the "Racist Terms" category of the English language (at least in American and I believe England).

There are other, better words to call the people. "Nigger" is far down the list.
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Nov 25, 2006 @ 10:01:03
there is a whole industry about terms for race in the uk. i use the term black because thats what people i know from the carribean have said thats what they prefer.i was brought up with the word coloured ( my dad did use more derogatory terms) it was only when i started mixing with black people at work that i got asked not to use coloured.

Wellington, New Zealand
#23New Post! Nov 25, 2006 @ 10:06:16
The thing is if you use some random long word for them, A it gets annoying and B they think you are looking down on them, I don't think any word should be banned, if you ban every nasty words people can still imply nasty intent and make up new words...
jeffwatson On November 04, 2007

Oak Town, Rhode Island
#24New Post! Dec 23, 2006 @ 18:04:38
In America freedom of speech is a myth, for example:
In the educational systems ( a dictatorship) you are required to be given biased and slanderous public meetings. Saying that your school is great and you are learning so productively. Once more it's just another way to gain popular support.
josephinesheadache On January 27, 2013

, Australia
#25New Post! Dec 31, 2006 @ 07:31:06
@jeffwatson Said
In the educational systems ( a dictatorship) you are required to be given biased and slanderous public meetings. Saying that your school is great and you are learning so productively. Once more it's just another way to gain popular support.

It sounds a bit like communism

Wellington, New Zealand
#26New Post! Jan 01, 2007 @ 00:46:23
@jeffwatson Said

You mean you have to give speeches or listen to them?
angestiu On November 24, 2007

Antipolo, Philippines
#27New Post! Mar 09, 2007 @ 10:03:08
here in country a democratic country ... yes we have fredom of speech... da they said .......not like b4 the marcos time martial law cut all the freedom of speech ... so do the the freedom of the press...........
lloydchristmas On December 08, 2009

, Iran
#28New Post! Mar 09, 2007 @ 10:09:27
I've got a white friend whose nickname is monkey and the amount of times that calling him that in the presence of black people has got me caught by the bollix is unreal.
I try to call him micheal now but its weird.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs