Entertainment

what are your favorite(s) instrumental tv theme songs - post your thoughts

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#1New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 04:07:43
one of my favorite tv show, i like to watch every saturday night, i taped on metv ( if you have this channel ), i taped " lost in space ". if you watch the credit at the end of the show. it have credit the music to a young johnny williams. who is he? about 15 years later, when this show had aired. johnny changed his name to john williams, as you remember john's you might know for little movies like " jaws " or little know movie, " star wars ". the reason why i brought up " lost in space " , that williams captured the series so brilliant with music. you know what each scene is tell you what going to happen. even if the stories are pretty and really campy and the acting bad. this video below will give you how brilliant john was.

lost in space

this topic isn't about john williams. in the 60's, there were tv shows that a great instrumental theme songs. here are some tv theme songs in the 60's.

the man from u.n.c.l.e.

this theme song really express the time back, this music was groovy. let my last example, before i tell you what do with this topic.

get smart

this theme song had even beat to it, yo get you ready build up to theme of the song.

what i want you to post your tv theme song like above, give you thought to it. you use any tv theme songs except no sing in it only instrumental in it. you use any decade for your tv theme song. let start now.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 04:45:57
mission impossible

this theme song to me, one of the best tv theme song ever written for tv show. very motive style even today tv standards. in 90's, peter grave reprise his role as " jim phelps " in rebooted of " mission possible ". it failed in rates after 1st season. 60's version was so good, it couldn't be duplicate again. tom cruise brought it to the silver screen, he succeed into a box office success. that is rare to especially you are talking about 60's tv show.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 11:28:09

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 13:33:45
the time tunnel

this show last for one season, it really has a good start to it. but in the middle of the season, the stories getting weak,by the end of the season the show was dumb. the theme song was written by john williams.

land of the giants

this show was very clever at time, it last two seasons. none of 60's tv show's stories were great. like ' lost in space ' this show has campies in it. when i was a kid, i thought two women in the show really hot. this show really had to sell stories to last one. the premise was good, john williams's music really stole the show. the acting was good under circumstances that you had to believe they were less than inch long. i thought at the time the show aired, it was fun for a kid to watch.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#5New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 15:06:19
I would have guessed that yours would be...

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 15:19:29
i was going put the twilight zone on later. since you put for me, below is the full version of it.

like tv shows in 50's & 60's, " the twilight zone " is no exception this rule, many ways, it was one the best at it. the music set up the storyline perfectly. you know when it was getting scary, or when you said, " huh! wow! cool! " this theme song is most recognition theme song you will ever heard.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 15:52:44
macgyver

macgyer ( 1985- 1992 ) it was one on the best time slot in the week, monday night before " monday night football ". this show was intelligence, very creative show. he was a spy never use a gun, but he use his mind instead. he use anything around that he had, mechanical and scientific mind. i like said macgyver never used a gun, but he faced with a gun pointed at him, he would stick pencil in the barrel of the gun. or, he had a few minutes deactive a bomb, so he pulled out of his shirt pocket, a ticket of a baseball game, he was going that day. he stick the ticket in between the circuits of the bomb and stop the bomb to explode, save the day. this show is one of the man plays with toys, and women love him. it was a perfect family show for everyone.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 16:42:07
buffy the vampire slayer

buffy - i would said one of the show that you don't admit to watching it. for years when it on aired, i try to get my family and friends, they couldn't stand it. anyway, i loved the show. buffy ( 1997-2003 ), in many ways, the show was one of successfully occult tv show ever. " supernatural " is very good, i love the show. the theme song i am not the crazy about. buffy is very well act, with a great cast, and the written is great, they really have strange storylines. this how is like to me, a guilty pleasure.

angel

angel is spin-off of buffy. angel ( 1999-2004 ) was showing the dark side of los angeles, he started his own detective agency. of course, he can only go into dark space and roam at night. go into sunlight, he burned like toast. most of time, his clients attacked by monsters and vampires, it was prefect for him. the weak part of the show was the first two years, this premise work, and last three years, he went vampires an monsters more. spite this, i really enjoyed the show.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 17:15:09
dr. who

dr. who ( 1963-2014 ) is one ( the best ) science fiction tv show of all time. it from england, america hasn't able duplicate in any way. a original this show was a kid show over the years, it turn into adult theme tv show. this show is basely about a man travel thought time, with or without companions. his goal in life to fight for injustice where it is or time period. the doctor for a weapon is a electric screwdriver, and his ship is tardis that look like london phone box. one of the most interesting about this show, when the man played the doctor and leave the show. this show is so clever about it, like other tv shows, they would try bring a new cast member and write a new character's profile so when the doctor is dying, he going to a metamorphosis that tardis keep him alive. the doctor regenerate his body to new body. this will bring a the new cast member to become the new doctor. the new doctor will have his own personality and his new outfit. the new doctor will have all the memories of all the doctors. so the storyline will continues on, not restart itself, like other tv shows do. i have been a big fan of " the good doctor " since the 70's.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 18:07:23
johnny quest

back in the 60's, they started to put tv cartoon shows on primetime. networks at the time, i thought the some of the cartoon shows were too adult themes to keep them on. of the most of these kind cartoon were " the flinstones ". i was seven years old, i watched one of the best tv cartoon shows, i ve seen today. johnny quest ( 1964-1965) as above the music was excellent and the stories were great. if you can seen this show on " boombang " network.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 19:03:49
perry mason

perry mason ( 1957-1966 ) you watched on metv channel. perry mason was a great show, it hardly delta with his personal life, by the series finale, you really didn't know about him outside the office. what do you really know about perry? he never lose a case, yes, it did once, but the
series finale, he got the case retrailed, and d*** clark was the murder. one of thing about perry mason watching it, it really interesting, and of course, how perry get the murder confessed at the end of the episode.

matlock

matlock ( 1986-1985 ) andy griffin was so marvelous to watch. he was a southern old-fashion lawyer never quit until get his man or a woman. what perry mason and matlock has in common, that andy does the same thing as perry. andy get his man or a woman in court. now perry, in his own way, most attack the killer or drag out for the build up for the kill. not our andy, he will make diverse or go out to left field, and come around, and then go for the kill. sometimes, watching it is brilliant. the opposite of perry and andy, andy want you know about his personal life.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#12New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 19:10:18
Invader Zim. Used to be my favourite show for the longest time. Had a pretty sick intro song, too.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! May 07, 2014 @ 19:49:57
hill street blues

hill street blues ( 1981-1987 ) is one of the best police tv show of all time. before this tv show came on the last 30 years before, they had on tv had the one dimension detective tv shows. hardly show that much emotions and very boring storyline. when hill street blues , the first 15 minutes of the first episode saw something that breakthough tv history. this show dealt with everyday crime, a lot of emotions, but the last 15 minutes of the show, blew you away. this show launched " law & order and " nypd blues " and other great shows, we see today!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! May 08, 2014 @ 01:50:28
the only thing i want said that all five shows that had beautiful music scores to listen to every week. star trek might have the best music scores every heard, it is rare to see 5 tv shows with the same name.

star trek ( this is first time i've heard the full version )

star trek: the next generation

star trek: deep space nine

star trek: voyager

star trek: enterprise

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! May 08, 2014 @ 02:18:01
these two tv shows from 60's had something in common, that most tv shows back then really didn't show. you see a real chemistry of friendship in the main characters. i know that not a big deal to you, back then you really don't see that much in men's relationships.

wild wild west ( 1965-1969 )

i spy ( 1966-1968 )

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs