Random

ways to piss of your neighbors..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#1New Post! Feb 23, 2017 @ 17:45:06
First the back story...

In 2013 I bought an old abandoned historic home on 15 acres...

After I moved in some of my male neighbors came to my door and asked if I would still allow hunting on my back property...not wanting to start a fight with my new neighbors I said yes...

Later that same summer when I was walking in my back forest I found out that I had 3 apple trees back there...and the "hunters" were sitting up there deer blinds just above the trees and killing the deer when they came to eat at the trees...

Sorry that isn't hunting that is ambushing and it is wrong...

so I posted no hunting signs on the first 10 acres of my property leaving the last 5 acres still open to hunting.....and wrote a letter to all my neighbors explaining why that property is now off limits...

Ok so I pissed of some but others were fine with it...

Now early last spring I decided to make a 10 foot horse path across my last 5 acres so to connect the horse paths from one neighbor to my other neighbor....not a big deal....

While the construction company was clearing all the dead fall from the area they came across 3 large mounds of rocks...when one of the workers dig into the mounds they found it contained human remains...

OK all stop....call out the sheriff let them do a investigation to find out if they were recent or older graves...

early summer the test came back dated between 1570 and 1620...It seems that I have found Native American burial mounds in my last 5 acres...

So I did some research and found out that the

Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi Indians had lived in this area at that time....so I called them and set up a meeting with their council..and asked if they would like the property to maintain the grave mounds...

I then set up a property trust and gave them 5 acres of my land...with the provisions that it always stayed a burial grounds and if that were to change the land would revert back to me....

the tribe came in and put up a tall fence around the area and then cleared all the dead fall and found that there were not 3 but 12 burial mounds on that property....Ok no problem...

OMG you would have thought I had killed all my neighbors first born...they came at me with such viciousness and hatred .." how dare you fence off 'our' hunting grounds"..." you said we could hunt there why are you taking that back".... one has even stated he is going to sue me for the use of MY land to hunt...

This area of land is in the middle of a 75 acre wooded area...

the stupidity of some people will always amaze me....
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#2New Post! Feb 23, 2017 @ 18:10:07
Piss on them.

Tucson, Arizona
#3New Post! Feb 23, 2017 @ 18:41:16
@thequietman Said

Piss on them.

yep my thoughts exactly....
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Feb 23, 2017 @ 21:58:13
@bobbimay Said

First the back story...

In 2013 I bought an old abandoned historic home on 15 acres...

After I moved in some of my male neighbors came to my door and asked if I would still allow hunting on my back property...not wanting to start a fight with my new neighbors I said yes...

Later that same summer when I was walking in my back forest I found out that I had 3 apple trees back there...and the "hunters" were sitting up there deer blinds just above the trees and killing the deer when they came to eat at the trees...

Sorry that isn't hunting that is ambushing and it is wrong...

so I posted no hunting signs on the first 10 acres of my property leaving the last 5 acres still open to hunting.....and wrote a letter to all my neighbors explaining why that property is now off limits...

Ok so I pissed of some but others were fine with it...

Now early last spring I decided to make a 10 foot horse path across my last 5 acres so to connect the horse paths from one neighbor to my other neighbor....not a big deal....

While the construction company was clearing all the dead fall from the area they came across 3 large mounds of rocks...when one of the workers dig into the mounds they found it contained human remains...

OK all stop....call out the sheriff let them do a investigation to find out if they were recent or older graves...

early summer the test came back dated between 1570 and 1620...It seems that I have found Native American burial mounds in my last 5 acres...

So I did some research and found out that the

Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi Indians had lived in this area at that time....so I called them and set up a meeting with their council..and asked if they would like the property to maintain the grave mounds...

I then set up a property trust and gave them 5 acres of my land...with the provisions that it always stayed a burial grounds and if that were to change the land would revert back to me....

the tribe came in and put up a tall fence around the area and then cleared all the dead fall and found that there were not 3 but 12 burial mounds on that property....Ok no problem...

OMG you would have thought I had killed all my neighbors first born...they came at me with such viciousness and hatred .." how dare you fence off 'our' hunting grounds"..." you said we could hunt there why are you taking that back".... one has even stated he is going to sue me for the use of MY land to hunt...

This area of land is in the middle of a 75 acre wooded area...

the stupidity of some people will always amaze me....

obviously, you can't please everybody.

you, at least, you attempt to post warning signs on your property for hunting.

you respect the burial grounds on your property.

i have admit that your neighbors aren't that consider with you. i would put fence your entire property, forget everybody. you put " no trespassers " signs up, and let them go around you and your property.

i was in position, if i wastoo pissed off with them. i would get advice legal and maybe talk the sheriff or chief of police get advice. even town meeting with your town might help to with this group. if your neighbors are in the same boat.

i am that kind of person looking for alternatives to this workout, i was brought up this way.

right now, this only solution, i could come up for you. i think this situation probably get out of hand for you.

be careful!
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 05:34:56
Be careful indeed.

Firstly, it sounds to me like you live in a very pleasant part of the country. 15 acres, eh..? Wow, land is obviously plentiful and there is abundant wildlife. What a wonderful place to live it must be.

Kudos to you for respecting the historic burial places of aboriginal peoples. That is a good and decent thing to you and earns you great respect.

But I can't for the life of me understand why you allowed hunting (otherwise known as "Killing For Pleasure" ) on your land at all. Why does anybody want to kill beautiful, docile, non-verminous animals who are neither a pest nor a threat to human habitation? What is the matter with your people..?

Perhaps it would have been better if you'd banned all hunting on your land in the first place. You wouldn't have made any friends but at least no precedent would have been set.

Whilst I sympathise with the situation you are now in, it seems to me you have made a rod for your own back. You allowed killing on your property in the first place when it would have been more humane and responsible from the outset to say "No". You would have at least been putting down the right sort of marker.

Twilight, above, makes what appears to me to be a veiled warning that it may be you who becomes the target if you don't kow-tow to the intimidation that appears to be building.

You do indeed need to take action to de-fuse this situation before it turns very nasty. For you. Quite how you will achieve that, other than to capitulate and allow your land to be used for the merciless, brutal slaughter of innocent animals who do no harm, is a problem you and your conscience (and from your attitude to the burial grounds, you clearly are a conscientious man) now have to face.

The impression we get over here, of people who enjoy Killing For Pleasure, is that they are prepared to resort to any means to get what they want and the law will turn a blind eye. You may be faced with a stark choice. Capitulate or make a stand and take the risk.

It sounds to me that you live in a very beautiful country indeed. The only ugly thing in it is the people.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 13:16:12
@Jennifer1984 Said

But I can't for the life of me understand why you allowed hunting (otherwise known as "Killing For Pleasure" ) on your land at all. Why does anybody want to kill beautiful, docile, non-verminous animals who are neither a pest nor a threat to human habitation? What is the matter with your people..?

Some people actually do eat what they hunt - especially deer.
I've heard some hunters donate their kill to shelters.

And, at least around here, deer are not "docile, non-verminous" nor "neither pest nor a threat"

They are are over populated, cause many traffic accidents, and a few deaths. They eat our plants - both food and flower - and can be aggressive, especially while rutting ... in my fenced in back yard!

I've often joked that we need more bear to keep the deer population in check.

There are occasional "Deer culls" around here.
This also helps the deer because over population has lead to sickness and starvation due to over grazing.

... sorry, a bit off topic.
LordGnome On February 24, 2017

Dayn Sayth, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 13:24:29
dang what a bummer. having to share the country with them thar pesky varmints. kill em all I say. wipe em out and that will make everything right. how dare they want to live and eat and breed when its such an inconvenience to people. hey, are those banjos I can hear up in the woods?

Tucson, Arizona
#8New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 13:32:52
@twilitezone911 Said

obviously, you can't please everybody.

you, at least, you attempt to post warning signs on your property for hunting.

you respect the burial grounds on your property.

i have admit that your neighbors aren't that consider with you. i would put fence your entire property, forget everybody. you put " no trespassers " signs up, and let them go around you and your property.

i was in position, if i wastoo pissed off with them. i would get advice legal and maybe talk the sheriff or chief of police get advice. even town meeting with your town might help to with this group. if your neighbors are in the same boat.

i am that kind of person looking for alternatives to this workout, i was brought up this way.

right now, this only solution, i could come up for you. i think this situation probably get out of hand for you.

be careful!

Putting up a fence around the property is not something I would want to do..fences can keep those inside the fence "safe"...but it also will keep all the wild life that I love to watch out...

I am hoping that come hunting season this fall those that are mad at me will calm down and see that they have other options then to hunt on only my property....

I still want to put in a horse path across my back property not only for my closest neighbors but so I can also use it to walk my dog or just go for a long walk into the woods...but I think I will wait until next year so that all the noise from the construction won't scare off the wild life again...

Tucson, Arizona
#9New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 13:39:19
@mrmhead Said

Some people actually do eat what they hunt - especially deer.
I've heard some hunters donate their kill to shelters.

And, at least around here, deer are not "docile, non-verminous" nor "neither pest nor a threat"

They are are over populated, cause many traffic accidents, and a few deaths. They eat our plants - both food and flower - and can be aggressive, especially while rutting ... in my fenced in back yard!

I've often joked that we need more bear to keep the deer population in check.

There are occasional "Deer culls" around here.
This also helps the deer because over population has lead to sickness and starvation due to over grazing.

... sorry, a bit off topic.

not off topic..just a bit of reality of living in the middle of nowhere...
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 13:40:10
@bobbimay Said

Putting up a fence around the property is not something I would want to do..fences can keep those inside the fence "safe"...but it also will keep all the wild life that I love to watch out...

I am hoping that come hunting season this fall those that are mad at me will calm down and see that they have other options then to hunt on only my property....

I still want to put in a horse path across my back property not only for my closest neighbors but so I can also use it to walk my dog or just go for a long walk into the woods...but I think I will wait until next year so that all the noise from the construction won't scare off the wild life again...

that's a good and rational thinking, and you are right. your neighbors might calm down by then. maybe, they are mad and angry at you because ofhunting season. you might in the same position, you are in now, when the hunting season begins.

Tucson, Arizona
#11New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 14:01:58
@Jennifer1984 Said

Be careful indeed.

Firstly, it sounds to me like you live in a very pleasant part of the country. 15 acres, eh..? Wow, land is obviously plentiful and there is abundant wildlife. What a wonderful place to live it must be.

Kudos to you for respecting the historic burial places of aboriginal peoples. That is a good and decent thing to you and earns you great respect.

Perhaps it would have been better if you'd banned all hunting on your land in the first place. You wouldn't have made any friends but at least no precedent would have been set.

Whilst I sympathise with the situation you are now in, it seems to me you have made a rod for your own back. You allowed killing on your property in the first place when it would have been more humane and responsible from the outset to say "No". You would have at least been putting down the right sort of marker.

Twilight, above, makes what appears to me to be a veiled warning that it may be you who becomes the target if you don't kow-tow to the intimidation that appears to be building.

You do indeed need to take action to de-fuse this situation before it turns very nasty. For you. Quite how you will achieve that, other than to capitulate and allow your land to be used for the merciless, brutal slaughter of innocent animals who do no harm, is a problem you and your conscience (and from your attitude to the burial grounds, you clearly are a conscientious man) now have to face.

The impression we get over here, of people who enjoy Killing For Pleasure, is that they are prepared to resort to any means to get what they want and the law will turn a blind eye. You may be faced with a stark choice. Capitulate or make a stand and take the risk.

It sounds to me that you live in a very beautiful country indeed. The only ugly thing in it is the people.

yes it is very wonderful out here ..but it does have it's drawbacks...It's a 30 minute drive to the nearest gas convenience store and 45 minutes to the nearest grocery store...

most of the farmers fields around here grow corn and wheat for Kelloggs cereal...a large herd of deer can wipe out a crop of corn in weeks if not days...

and the car vs deer accidents can and has killed the drivers...

Hunting is a way to thin the herds to keep things like that from happening more....

and yes most people use the meat to feed their families or the homeless...
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 15:29:16
@bobbimay Said

not off topic..just a bit of reality of living in the middle of nowhere...

I'm in the 'burbs and it's a reality here too
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs