Bands & Artists

coldplay- dish water of the music industry

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
tishtash On December 20, 2007

In the middle of a field somew
#1New Post! Oct 03, 2006 @ 21:40:36
I mean I don't have that much against coldplay but you know they come on the song being "fix you" and I really just felt like hitting chris martin over the head with a big club and telling him to shut up. anyone feeling similar about coldplay or any other bands?Coldplay just dont have any deffinace about them, no passion, no nothing they're like the dish water, that indescribable colour and smell but horrible all the same. ugh and he has such a whiny voice.
(I do mildly apologise to coldplay fans but grant me my opinion at least, i do admit the club comment might be unfair, but remember he has named his child apple.)
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 03, 2006 @ 21:47:18
Coldplay are a good band, i've seen them live a few times and they play with great passion, i must admit though X & Y wasn't their best album, Parachutes and a Rush of Blood were good albums though
baby_grace On October 23, 2006

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
#3New Post! Oct 14, 2006 @ 02:07:04
I like Coldplay, although some of their songs are boring, but I like them. I really like their song Yellow and Speed of Sound.
train On October 25, 2020

Utopia, California
#4New Post! Oct 14, 2006 @ 02:34:22
I like Fix You
baby_grace On October 23, 2006

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
#5New Post! Oct 14, 2006 @ 02:37:21
@train Said
I like Fix You

I quite like it as well, but somehow I never understood what the song meant
train On October 25, 2020

Utopia, California
#6New Post! Oct 14, 2006 @ 02:38:32
I must admit though, the main reason I like it is the great instrumental part
lupinstar On April 16, 2023

Wigmore, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Oct 28, 2006 @ 13:51:12
Id have to disagree with you on this one, i think coldplay are one of the best british bands around at the time. X and Y was a good album with songs like white shadows and low. Ther earlier albums were insperational with songs such as the scientist and shiver. All three coldplay albums have something to offer and so it must be some pretty good dish water you use if it is but in my opinion coldplay are a class act. 8)
thebear On July 12, 2011

, Singapore
#9New Post! Oct 28, 2006 @ 13:54:44
i have to agree... i had a listen to them.. and was thoroughly bored out of my
brains...

i decided.. maybe they'll grow on me... they did.. like fungus...

nah.. coldplay's stuff isn't for me..

it seems without passion and is pretty monotonous... at least to me..
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Oct 28, 2006 @ 14:05:07
@thebear Said
i have to agree... i had a listen to them.. and was thoroughly bored out of my
brains...

i decided.. maybe they'll grow on me... they did.. like fungus...

nah.. coldplay's stuff isn't for me..

it seems without passion and is pretty monotonous... at least to me..

there was a bit of discussion about coldplay last night and my opinion is the same as a few on here:- no passion, no heart. i brought 'a rush of blood' on a mates recco i was greatly disappointed. the odd decent single doesnt make a decent band.
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 28, 2006 @ 14:08:24
https://www.theforumsite.com/forum.php?t=106629
if you read through it it does get around to coldplay
sonic_22 On August 14, 2009

Dundee, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Oct 28, 2006 @ 14:13:16
@cole Said
Coldplay are a good band, i've seen them live a few times and they play with great passion, i must admit though X & Y wasn't their best album, Parachutes and a Rush of Blood were good albums though

No Coldplay were a good band. Parachutes was a good album.
For some reason they thought they could re-release Parachutes by altering the songs slightly, changing the names of both the album and the songs and get away with it.

Unfortunately they did because people are too stupid to notice the difference.

Wigmore, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Oct 28, 2006 @ 14:32:50
@sonic_22 Said
No Coldplay were a good band. Parachutes was a good album.
For some reason they thought they could re-release Parachutes by altering the songs slightly, changing the names of both the album and the songs and get away with it.
Unfortunately they did because people are too stupid to notice the difference.

I dont think so, "Parachutes" is different to "A rush of blood to the head" and very different to "X and Y." Guess i must be stupid then, or just listening to the evolution in the band with lyrics and musical parts. Coldplay will always be a good band, with there good, well maintained sound thats as relevant as it was when they first released Parachutes with the evolution that has got them into the 21st century.
sonic_22 On August 14, 2009

Dundee, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Oct 28, 2006 @ 14:35:53
not really. come on listen to speed of sound and clocks. theres nothing between them! Its so easy to put the lyrics of clocks on top of it.

Cold[play haven't advanced one bit. They've churned out the same crap repeatedly for the last three albums.

Wigmore, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Oct 28, 2006 @ 14:39:08
@sonic_22 Said
not really. come on listen to speed of sound and clocks. theres nothing between them! Its so easy to put the lyrics of clocks on top of it.
Cold[play haven't advanced one bit. They've churned out the same crap repeatedly for the last three albums.

I think lyrically, musically and ideawise they have moved on to support a 21st century audience. Ohh and that comparisson, i think the pace is different, the idea of the song is different and really that arguement is flawed. Ill give you your own opinion but in the end coldplay have moved heaps and bounds from the days of Parachutes.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs