Forums:
Science

Yummy , Who Wants some Soda or Gum or Candy ??? HEK293

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Apr 17, 2015 @ 14:06:44
HEK293 used for testing flavor additives in processed foods ??

Some vaccines and "beauty products" contain ingredients derived from an aborted human baby and some major food manufacturers like PEPSI ,NESTLE and KRAFT - CADBURY test flavor additives using HEK293 which comes from the cells of an aborted babies kidney .

After reading the article and reading what snopes.com had to say on this topic .
The only thing I'm 100 % sure about is ,
If there were two sides to this story being told, then the facts would be a whole lot clearer and easier to comprehend .
But , there isn't
The companies involved like PEPSI and Senomyx are being very evasive and won't return calls or answer direct questions on the topic.

Pepsi Uses Fetal Cells?

Here is the article that I found first, that caught my attention , it's very opinionated and the author of the article seems to lean towards sensationalism and is bit confused about what the research says. But IMO now days that can be said of about 99.9 % of the media the public has access to. That is why the snopes.com link comes before the natural news article link .

Sickening

I understand that the actual cells taken from the pieces of unborn human kidney has been tweaked and twisted and mashed to the point that there is very little DNA left .
And I have never been a fan of the processed crap being sold / called 'food' fit for human consumption, that is sold by fast food places and in the grocery stores .
The idea of using human body parts ,unborn or otherwise ,just seems very unethical and disgusting in a ' Dr. Frankenstein or 'heil Hitler' sort of way . IMO .
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 17, 2015 @ 14:23:56
I think you should get eat & drink stuff and not look too much into what goes into it!
If you did, you'd never eat anything.

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Apr 18, 2015 @ 12:17:46
@yami Said

I think you should get eat & drink stuff and not look too much into what goes into it!
If you did, you'd never eat anything.

Oh, so you are the consumer that those major food corporations are scurrying around testing flavor additives for.
You don't find it strange that they can take a piece of chicken and process all the natural 'good stuff' out of it like flavor, vitamins , texture, appearance . Then they have to use some unnatural artificial ingredients that something called a cell line derived from HEK293 was used to test how your taste buds will react to the over processed hunk of crappola that they will tell you tastes just like chicken ?
I never did get into the habit of having to 'look to close ' at the food I eat , because I won't eat what the fast food joints sell , I refuse to pay out real money for the fake crap they call food .
I can look out my window at the stuff growing in my garden and watch the poultry scratching around out in the yard . I can walk out aways from the porch and watch the steer graze in the pasture that will fillup the freezer in a few months .
I realize that in todays world it's not realistic to think the majority of people can raise and harvest their food. But, IMHO if more people spent their dollars at farmers markets instead of McDonalds , then maybe those giant food manufacture would think twice about what they sell . ,just saying ,,,
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#4New Post! Apr 18, 2015 @ 18:03:51
Fun Fact: Castoreum, a common food additive used to simulate vanilla flavouring, comes from the castor glands of mature North American and European beavers, which are located near the butt. And because it 'technically' comes from a 'natural' source, it can sometimes be blanketed under the Catch-22 term 'natural flavour.'

Enjoy your vanilla pudding.

Castoreum

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Apr 19, 2015 @ 05:18:11
@psycoskunk Said

Fun Fact: Castoreum, a common food additive used to simulate vanilla flavouring, comes from the castor glands of mature North American and European beavers, which are located near the butt. And because it 'technically' comes from a 'natural' source, it can sometimes be blanketed under the Catch-22 term 'natural flavour.'

Enjoy your vanilla pudding.

Castoreum

That is pretty gross .

I wonder how someone went from using that Castoreum to 'bait' his beaver traps to finding out it tasted like vanilla .
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#6New Post! Apr 19, 2015 @ 18:58:56
@white_swan53 Said

That is pretty gross .

I wonder how someone went from using that Castoreum to 'bait' his beaver traps to finding out it tasted like vanilla .

My guess is that he either lost a bar bet or got really drunk and past out in a beaver dam with his tongue hanging out. Either way, copious amounts of liquor and having his mouth next to a beaver's a** were contributing factors.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs