Gender Issues

You are not equal. I'm sorry.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#2New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 13:26:25
At least we got rid of the pater familias law. That's gotta be a plus for women.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#3New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 14:09:58
I don't really understand why this is still a thing. The only excuse I can come up with is Greed (money why we get paid less) and power.

I have a female friend who blames women for not getting paid the same. She says we should fight for it when negotiating. That it is up to us. My argument is, yes we should negotiate, but we should be offered the same amount initially as a man. Why should I have to fight for a 40% increase in wage when, if I was offered the same as a man, it would be about 10-20% more. Then I get called greedy for asking for 40% more? NO.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 17:21:56
@floydgirrl Said

I have a female friend who blames women for not getting paid the same.

So the idea is that women are always to blame. "It" is always YOUR fault. Women are all victims of yourselves and should just accept it.

Brilliant.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 17:38:18
@floydgirrl Said

I don't really understand why this is still a thing. The only excuse I can come up with is Greed (money why we get paid less) and power.

I have a female friend who blames women for not getting paid the same. She says we should fight for it when negotiating. That it is up to us. My argument is, yes we should negotiate, but we should be offered the same amount initially as a man. Why should I have to fight for a 40% increase in wage when, if I was offered the same as a man, it would be about 10-20% more. Then I get called greedy for asking for 40% more? NO.

Well, women are hired just to meet "gender equality metrics", so obviously they aren't as qualified as male applicants, so they should be paid less.

And this gets me so mad as a defender of all meat flaps!

[/sarc]
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 17:42:04
Well...

"Just want to give a heads up to the women! You have rights! A right to cook and a right to clean. Today is Sunday and the NFL playoffs our on! I suggest you stop your b!tch!ng/protesting during this time. Because you also have a right to get slapped."

An actual post from a councilman in Carlsbad.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 17:55:47
@DiscordTiger Said

Well...

"Just want to give a heads up to the women! You have rights! A right to cook and a right to clean. Today is Sunday and the NFL playoffs our on! I suggest you stop your b!tch!ng/protesting during this time. Because you also have a right to get slapped."

It still amazes me that people are so stupid when it comes to social media and the internet.

That's as bad as criminals posting videos of their crimes

... Or the secret service agent that posted she wouldn't take a bullet for Trump

There are things you can say (verbally) to close friends with a grin and an elbow-jab,
But if there is a wrong way to interpret something - it will be taken that way once posted - ESPECIALLY if you hold office or are in some position of authority.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#8New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 18:02:53
@DiscordTiger Said

Well...

Man... Carl's a bad guy...
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#9New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 20:08:50
@chaski Said

So the idea is that women are always to blame. "It" is always YOUR fault. Women are all victims of yourselves and should just accept it.

Brilliant.

Yep and she is the type that will end friendships over logical arguments, so I just change the subject on her when she gets on her high horse. It's pretty easy usally all I have to say is "I need another beer how about you?"
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#10New Post! Jan 25, 2017 @ 20:55:14
@floydgirrl Said

end friendships over logical arguments

I think "we", the USA, are on the cusp of a Dark Age where rational thought is a hated fringe movement.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#11New Post! Jan 27, 2017 @ 22:55:51
@chaski Said

I think "we", the USA, are on the cusp of a Dark Age where rational thought is a hated fringe movement.
You got that s*** right. Rational thought has left the building. Emotionally driven thought is the new mantra.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 19:13:14
@floydgirrl Said

@chaski Said

Brilliant.

Gas lighting
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#13New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 19:15:08
@psycoskunk Said

Man... Carl's a bad guy...

Cavernously so!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 19:15:53
@chaski Said

Oh well.....
or is it Orwell?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#15New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 19:16:36
@Ratty Said

You got that s*** right. Rational thought has left the building. Emotionally driven thought is the new mantra.

Left with Elvis!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs