Random

Why I like TFS.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Octavarium On December 23, 2021

Pacific North West,
#1New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 15:16:00
Being tired of the hating I thought I'd start a thread with some love for TFS.

When I started in '09 I was writing a lot of poetry. I found this site on a google search and seeing it had a poetry forum I decided to give it a look through as a guest. What I saw I liked which was a lot of positive elements going on beyond just being able to post what I was writing.

What I saw was a lot of friendly people, chatting, playing around though post, etc. As a whole the atmosphere had, and has, a very friendly vibe. That's a nice thing, a good thing. Sure there are those around that have an attitude that is far from ingratiating, as well as the occasional loose canon, but that's life. You're going to find that anywhere you go. Overall though I think the good one's far outweigh the butt-heads. I'd say that's top on my list of why I really like this place. No matter how many years go by or how many people come and go there is still a good vibe about TFS that brings me a smile and keeps me coming back day after day and year after year. I don't come here expecting to be entertained by other's but to read what other's in the TFS family are up to, share in their thoughts and interject an opinion when I feel I have one pertinent to give. Like now.

Yeah, I said it, I like you guy's, and girl's, even if I only know you by a name next to a post. So why do you like TFS? Come on in and share the love.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 15:23:09
I feel that I have gained some real friends through TFS, people who I would genuinely want to meet and care about. My friends on TFS aren't just some screen name to me

Pacific North West,
#3New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 15:33:33
@Silver_Lining Said

I feel that I have gained some real friends through TFS, people who I would genuinely want to meet and care about. My friends on TFS aren't just some screen name to me

Agreed.
To tread on Hypnotica's tangent, I'm an introvert so I don't put myself out there a whole lot but the friends I've made here are genuine and people I would love to hang out with in real life given the chance.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 15:36:24
Another thing is the layout of the site and the diversity of forums on here - can't find a forum that your thread fits into, well, just make your own!

I've tried other forums before and they just look pants and generic.

Pacific North West,
#5New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 15:40:52
@Silver_Lining Said

Another thing is the layout of the site and the diversity of forums on here - can't find a forum that your thread fits into, well, just make your own!

I know what you mean, all cold with no flavor or personality at all. Might as well be working on a program at work
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#6New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 16:35:04
@Octavarium Said

Being tired of the hating I thought I'd start a thread with some love for TFS.

When I started in '09 I was writing a lot of poetry. I found this site on a google search and seeing it had a poetry forum I decided to give it a look through as a guest. What I saw I liked which was a lot of positive elements going on beyond just being able to post what I was writing.

What I saw was a lot of friendly people, chatting, playing around though post, etc. As a whole the atmosphere had, and has, a very friendly vibe. That's a nice thing, a good thing. Sure there are those around that have an attitude that is far from ingratiating, as well as the occasional loose canon, but that's life. You're going to find that anywhere you go. Overall though I think the good one's far outweigh the butt-heads. I'd say that's top on my list of why I really like this place. No matter how many years go by or how many people come and go there is still a good vibe about TFS that brings me a smile and keeps me coming back day after day and year after year. I don't come here expecting to be entertained by other's but to read what other's in the TFS family are up to, share in their thoughts and interject an opinion when I feel I have one pertinent to give. Like now.

Yeah, I said it, I like you guy's, and girl's, even if I only know you by a name next to a post. So why do you like TFS? Come on in and share the love.

This!

@Silver_Lining Said

Also this!
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#7New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 16:53:31
@Silver_Lining Said

@Silver_Lining Said

Both of these.

I feel like TFS is a collection of "those people" from all over the world. We don't like those generic forums because there's not enough.........well, just "enough."

TFS feels like home.
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#8New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 17:04:49
seems like I've been on TFS forever lol..

great thread
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#9New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 17:09:40
@maximillion Said

seems like I've been on TFS forever lol..

great thread

You have!
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#10New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 17:49:05
I met some amazing people on this site. Even though I disagree with a few things we discuss, we can still make up and have fun about other things.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#11New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 18:34:43
I like TFS because in his signature block @maximillion has a picture of himself looking at me in my blue dress.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#12New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 18:42:13
I have to be honest, it is a nice blue dress.

@chaski Said

I like TFS because in his signature block @maximillion has a picture of himself looking at me in my blue dress.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#13New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 18:51:42
I also like TFS because people are always complementing me on my blue dress.

They don't have to, but they do.

It just the kind of thing that the generous and loving people of TFS do that makes those occasions when we are at each other's throats worth it.

Plus hanging out in @floydgirrl 's tree... and waiting for @DiscordTiger to punish me...

What more could a boozy-boy ask for?
TheGingerDolphin On September 15, 2014

Jasper, Texas
#14New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 18:56:40
I like TFS for the same reasons. I'm pretty new here, but so far I've had nothing but fun. I hope this site continues to prosper and thrive far into the future. Maybe not get bigger, per se, because sites have a way of "bloating," and getting egos, but just continuing to exist and be one of the few good forums.

Oh, and tbh this is the only forum I've seen that doesn't have buttwipe admins
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#15New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 18:58:55
@TheGingerDolphin Said

Oh, and tbh this is the only forum I've seen that doesn't have buttwipe admins

That's almost a pity because it would be nice, sometimes, to have someone administering buttwipes.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs