Who Pays The Babysitter?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
Tailkinker On January 29, 2023
WorldOfDarknessQueen

My Backpack, Michigan
#46New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 00:34:39
I live with my boy friend but I have kids from my previous marriage. I still pay a sitter to watch my kids while I am at work, and for our date nights. If my BF wants to hang out with my kids it makes me happy, but since he didn't have anything to do with their conception he is not responcible for them. He loves them and loves to hang out with them, but I never want to make it a duty to him.

Ladies need to remember that their kids are their own responcibility.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#47New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 00:56:05
So I called her this evening and we talked about this.

I can only go by what is told to me, but apparently it comes down to her being scared and trying to self sabotage this before it even gets started. According to her, with her thinking and our conversation, she now realizes it was unrealistic expectation. She also talked to a couple other friends about this and we all told her same thing. Anyways, she realizes it was unrealistic and was looking for any possible bad thing about him to not date him again out of fear and she realizes she is after all not ready to date and not ready to be in relationship as she is not over what happened in her marriage and divorce like she thought she was.
WorldOfDarknessQueen

My Backpack, Michigan
#48New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 01:16:20
@DorkySupergirl Said

So I called her this evening and we talked about this.

I can only go by what is told to me, but apparently it comes down to her being scared and trying to self sabotage this before it even gets started. According to her, with her thinking and our conversation, she now realizes it was unrealistic expectation. She also talked to a couple other friends about this and we all told her same thing. Anyways, she realizes it was unrealistic and was looking for any possible bad thing about him to not date him again out of fear and she realizes she is after all not ready to date and not ready to be in relationship as she is not over what happened in her marriage and divorce like she thought she was.

Good mature decision on her part I think. She should be applauded for such clear thinking. It takes years to get over a divorce, I know it took me about two years to be ready to date, I have a few divorced friends that needed more time, one friend that is only ready to casually date after four years. I think that the longer you are married the more time you need, but everyone needs a different amount.

Its wonderful to be single though, I know I enjoyed it. As soon as she is really enjoying being single, Mr. Right will come around sure enough.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#49New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 01:22:54
@Tailkinker Said

Good mature decision on her part I think. She should be applauded for such clear thinking. It takes years to get over a divorce, I know it took me about two years to be ready to date, I have a few divorced friends that needed more time, one friend that is only ready to casually date after four years. I think that the longer you are married the more time you need, but everyone needs a different amount.

Its wonderful to be single though, I know I enjoyed it. As soon as she is really enjoying being single, Mr. Right will come around sure enough.

Than you for your post. I am also proud of her for her insight and taking more time to be ready to date. I think it boils down to things that went on in marriage, as in why it broke down and also it was what I would call a bitter divorce.

Because her thought of him paying for sitter made her seem like a gold digger and like a person she is not.
WorldOfDarknessQueen

My Backpack, Michigan
#50New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 01:29:33
@DorkySupergirl Said

Than you for your post. I am also proud of her for her insight and taking more time to be ready to date. I think it boils down to things that went on in marriage, as in why it broke down and also it was what I would call a bitter divorce.

Because her thought of him paying for sitter made her seem like a gold digger and like a person she is not.

Divorce brings out the worst in people, it takes time to settle down. She doesn't sound like a gold digger to me at all. Its just all the tough conflicting emotions. I know that I did foolish things and said foolish things as I was recovering. Fortunately I have a happy nature that saw me through it all. Your friend will be right as rain soon enough. It just takes time to mend.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#51New Post! Mar 23, 2011 @ 07:26:48
@DorkySupergirl Said

She is actually a friend of mine, she is in no way struggling for money or in a position not to be able to afford a sitter. As I mentioned in other posts, she hires a sitter whenever she goes out to movies etc with her friends. She even said she would not have taken his money for the sitter but he should have offered.

As mentioned, she is old fashioned and thinks men ought to be paying for dates and she was brought up this way. Times have changed but was out of dating world and did not see it.

The only reason it has been awhile since she dated is because the divorce was hard on her and her children.

Puts a different slant on things, then.

Divorce isn't easy on anybody..... I know divorced women and the thing that has always struck me is how the vast majority of them (not all, but most) want to rebuild their lives in a dignified way.... they tend towards the view that "If I'm going to be an independent, single woman and mother, then I'll do it with dignity"..... and that should surely include paying their way when they go on a date.

The days when it was the social norm to "expect" the male to pay everything on a date are over. She may hold to what she perceives to be old fashioned virtues, but in these modern days, such values can easily be interpreted as cynical.

It says in another post that she seems unsure that she's ready to start dating again yet, and may have done this to deliberately sabotage the relationship before it got off the ground. Well, I've heard of women doing stranger things.

I wish her luck and hope she finds a smoother path for herself in the future. Hopefully, she'll quickly put the bad experience and memory of her traumatic divorce behind her. I'm sure she'll work out what she wants in her personal relationships in the end and regain her confidence.

I wish her luck.

boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#52New Post! Apr 04, 2011 @ 18:30:53
Okay... say the roles are reversed.

The GUY has kids and the girl asks HIM out on a date. Should she offer to pay for a sitter when it would he would otherwise be paying for the "date," dinner and a movie?

Or even if a guy has kids, but asks a girl out on a date. Should the girl offer to pay for a baby sitter?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs