The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

When will American culture take over the world?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
windstorm On June 28, 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
#1New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 23:43:49
In some cases, other countries are already experiencing the first taste of western American influence through by means of modernization and technology so domination is inevitable. But my question is, when will America fully be able to convince these countries to abandon their old-fashioned traditions and embrace the future for good?
adonis On October 21, 2010

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 23:46:17
@windstorm Said

In some cases, other countries are already experiencing the first taste of western American influence through by means of modernization and technology. But my question is, when will America fully be able to convince these old countries to leave behind their old-fashioned traditions and embrace the future for good?

When we influence them to...
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#3New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 23:52:07
Never Happen!!
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#4New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 23:54:13
The world follows the usa economically. Wall street falls and the world falls. usa bails out companies and the world bails out their companies. Even China is now hitting a recession with massive unemployment.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 00:00:38
Never hopefully. Quite frankly I'm sick of people over here watching American Teen Drama's and thinking Bacon and Pancakes are supposed to be eaten together.

Time for our culture to get rid of these stupid imported idea's. Down with American Culture in The UK!!!
azureus On December 16, 2008

Deleted

Chuck Norris,
#6New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 00:06:25
Western culture will never fully dominate thank god..
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#7New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 00:16:01
@windstorm Said

In some cases, other countries are already experiencing the first taste of western American influence through by means of modernization and technology so domination is inevitable. But my question is, when will America fully be able to convince these countries to abandon their old-fashioned traditions and embrace the future for good?

its arrogant morons like Bush that have us in this predicament that we're in now. who's to say that western culture is the way to go? look what happened when we tried to force it upon iraq...
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#8New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 00:19:47
@sassi Said

The world follows the usa economically. Wall street falls and the world falls. usa bails out companies and the world bails out their companies. Even China is now hitting a recession with massive unemployment.

If America jumps off a cliff does that mean the rest of the world will follow????I don't think so.

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#9New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 00:23:23
@rider Said

If America jumps off a cliff does that mean the rest of the world will follow????I don't think so.

If it was economically feasible; they would. World markets are based on the usa foundation.
puala__koala On August 21, 2009

Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
#10New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 00:26:16
@rider Said

economically they will.

and i think that this is just a phaze that people are immitating american pop culture. like everything, itll die out.
unless the internet keeps it alive. but the internet isnt going to just give people a taste of the us. its gonna give every place in the world a taste of every other plac eint he world. if htat makes sence.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#11New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 00:29:00
American culture is world culture.
You can hear over 200 languages spoken in New York City, and fine Ukrainian food 2 blocks from Italian food across the street from a Brazilian restaurant and next to a fish and chips shop.

The reason that American culture is so persuasive is that it's a blend of world culture, so it's easy to export. In that sense, it's not a bad thing.

There is, however, a difference between export and indoctrination. The last 8 years, we've had an administration that's wanted to force our way of thinking on the rest of the world. It's my hope that the next administration will return to a policy of attraction rather than promotion.

Wait and see I guess.

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#12New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 00:29:27
Actually I'll go as far as to say,It already has,for Years the rest of the world has been bombarded,with your T.V. shows,and the kids watch them and think it's cool to talk like them,I had a young kid call me Dude the other day,so I played mind games with him,and started using Aussie slang to him.He didn't understand one word I said to him called me some other mindless name and walked away,the part I find really sad is,He knows all the American language,but doesn't even know how to speak the Australian Language,or slang terminologies.

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#13New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 00:30:14
@sassi Said

If it was economically feasible; they would. World markets are based on the usa foundation.

Sorry sassi your right in what you said.
windstorm On June 28, 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
#14New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 02:30:32
@rubylights Said

its arrogant morons like you and Bush that have us in this predicament that we're in now. who's to say that western culture is the way to go? look what happened when we tried to force it upon iraq...

FYI I'm part Naitve American and I asked this because I heard a lot pf other people speculating about this.

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#15New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 02:33:10
@windstorm Said

FYI I'm part Naitve American and I asked this because I heard a lot pf other people speculating about this.

You had a good thread: No need to explain you reasons for developing it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs