The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Dreams

When Dreaming About Death, What Does It Mean?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
novicemed21 On October 06, 2009

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 10:28:28
Nearly any dream you have that refers to death, dying or attending a funeral, or the like, pertain to change. Most all the time this change is very dramatic and major. It can be change in your life attitude or emotional balance. These types of dreams can also symbolize confronting fear, usually fear of death or change. Since most of use will agree that death is the ultimate change, and many people fear it. Death dreams are generally big changes and should never be ignored. Sometimes they really do signify death! Another possible symbol of a death dream is threat. Whichever suits the dream depends on how well the theme was arrived at. Most death dreams are about major change and not about literal death though, so don't panic if you have one. Just patiently go through the analysis process, and make sense of it.

Calm Mind
captain_planet On May 02, 2010

in someones ring, Puerto Rico
#2New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 10:32:48
Ah the old.
'Oh its ok, the death card just means change' idea.
Narnar On December 28, 2010

At home, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 10:35:24
According to my "Dream Guide Book"; it says dreaming about death:

Dreaming about death isn't necessarily a negative symbol, it implies change and transformation.

#4New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 10:38:22
I think that's a bit of a cop out really. There is no reason to think death represents change.
It seems to me just made up because you have to explain why it doesn't actually mean death.
Narnar On December 28, 2010

At home, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 10:48:20
@captain_planet Said

I think that's a bit of a cop out really. There is no reason to think death represents change.
It seems to me just made up because you have to explain why it doesn't actually mean death.

Actually if you think about it, death does represent change. It changes people around you; it brings out deeper emotion and the secrets that were concealed forever, are broken. It changes the way we think; some become anxious and weary, some try to be stronger and fearless. It doesn't have to change the whole world, sometimes it can just change a person.
The transformation bit, well after doing dream study, you would know that after death; life is always made. The world continues without you, but with you either ashes and dust, or buried deep; you didn't only change the people around you; you gave room for more life.

That's my opinion anyways.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 11:03:39
I dreamt last night that we were looking up at the sky and someone pulled the plug on the earth. The clouds and stars started swirling around like water does in a bath when you take out the plug.

The all of a sudden some Scottish guy started singing 'We're all gonna die'. It was my alarm waking me up.

#7New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 12:00:29
@jmo Said

Scottish guy started singing 'We're all gonna die'. It was my alarm waking me up.

I think I have that same alarm.
sazac On March 26, 2011

Somewhere Ville, Canada
#8New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 21:25:15
There could be a thousand and twelve meanings to death in Dreams, and each one is different, pertaining to the person dreaming and the Dream in General. "Dream Books" and "Dream Interpretation Websites" can't tell you anything useful. If they were, everyone would have to view these things exactly the same, and would have to be living the exact same lives and we would really all be the exact same person. If you want a dream interpreted, the only way you can possibly get close to the bulls-eye is if you get someone to try after explaining it in detail. But even then, it will only get perfect if you yourself can translate it honestly.

Which I've never seen anyone do.
davejey On March 07, 2018

Wellington, New Zealand
#9New Post! Aug 23, 2009 @ 01:51:49
Dreaming about your death can just be your subconcious coming to terms with the almost universal fear of death we all have ( of course you might be unaware of this until something very life threatening happens to YOU). Unless you have the very rare gift of prophesy I dont think our dreams are prophetic. When I practised judo on a weekly basis, I became very aware of the skills we learnt that could quickly kill.
About this time I had a dream when a Japanese guy suddenly surprised me and I knew I was going to die, and suddenly there was a blackness in the dream, and I awoke with my heart racing. And guess what - I'm still alive!
debbier1999 On October 04, 2009

Perryville, Missouri
#10New Post! Aug 23, 2009 @ 03:34:27
I have read a lot of books that say we should really pay attention to our dreams because they all mean something. I have tried to pay attention and figure out what my dreams could possibly mean but they are soooo off the wall that I don't think anyone could ever interpret them.

I finally gave up and wake up a lot of times thinking "Where the heck did that come from?"
TheEvilObvious On March 28, 2013

, Canada
#11New Post! Aug 23, 2009 @ 06:00:40
dreams are just things that you have thought of or that have happened to you during the day and your mind is going over all the events in a mashed up messed up way.
novicemed21 On October 06, 2009

Chicago, Illinois
#12New Post! Aug 23, 2009 @ 07:46:15
Thanks a lot guys for sharing your posts! Very interesting

Calm Mind
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs