Forums:
Q & A

What's The Worse Job You've Ever Had?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Crush On June 23, 2021

#1New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 08:43:36
Give me all the gory details. What job of yours has sucked the hardest?
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#2New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 09:25:23
I'm currently retraining so i get sent to work in all different places as part of it. I was put on school nursing for 3 weeks...Now i've scrubbed toilets, cleaned vomit and been shouted at by every alcoholic in the neighbourhood previously...yet i found this the most tedious work i've ever done.

You were lucky if you did an hours so called work a day,usually researching child abuse cases.... then they sat around an office gossiping about different families, what each one had ,what they never etc...
It was like joining a cats chorus..only they had longer nails..
I have never hated a job so much in my life.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 10:03:54
Paramedic

Death, blood, gore, guts, anxiety, fear, danger

#4New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 10:54:28
@Erimitus Said

Paramedic

Death, blood, gore, guts, anxiety, fear, danger

Well i never...I'd of had you down for an English teacher/professor.
That'd be my ideal job, paramedic. Probably for the same reasons
Why did you go into it, if you hate it?

#5New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 10:58:57
@Crush Said

Give me all the gory details. What job of yours has sucked the hardest?

What's yours ?
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 11:13:28
I've only really had 3 jobs, 2 were working at the same place.

I worked for a company doing cold calling, I was only there for a month (2 weeks of which, I was on holiday), it was probably only ok as I was working with two friends so we had a laugh while at work.

#7New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 13:33:42
@Hitting40 Said

Well i never...I'd of had you down for an English teacher/professor.
That'd be my ideal job, paramedic. Probably for the same reasons
Why did you go into it, if you hate it?

youthful idealism
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 17:38:30
Cleaning, it was awful, I was rubbish at it, but it was cash in hand and I was desperate lol
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#9New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 18:10:19
Probably the one I had when I got fired on account of a rumor.

#10New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 18:58:07
@HiImDan Said

Probably the one I had when I got fired on account of a rumor.

Everyone knows that little girl way a lying.
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 19:39:17
Food processing plant, we cooked food in large vats for ready meals...ugh!
Put me off them for life.

#12New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 22:15:04
I work at a soylent green plant. I really put me off human flesh for life.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#13New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 22:47:59
While in college. 2 years Lower rendering Ethicon where the gutted cow's intestines were dropped into a vat pulled through a press to squeeze out the shiite & dumped into another vat for processing into "catgut" for medical sutures. We would try to keep up with the kill-floor & (if you can picture the intestine like a very long bicycle inner-tube) would cut a notch through half of the tube & pulled into a cutter which ran 4 sets of 4 circular steel blades to cut the catgut. The inner part of the intestines (or cancerous growths etc) were flushed to the paunch tank (a whole nother level of gross), and the outside banded in large bundles & salted to be shipped for making into catgut. The intestines by accident --- or we suspect at times on purpose would knot up going into the press. If you were lucky you would see the large balloon of poo before it ruptured throwing it all around the room and often right on you. Ergo we did not talk when working ethicon. Also received the tube for bile that ran into a 55 gallon drum. That crap really burns the skin. Nice day-glow green it is.

Occasional the paunch tank auger would jam & we would have to wade chest deep in guts, crap, unusable parts & pieces of the cow, oh yeah- a favorite- calve fetuses.

Also worked making bone meal where we cooked the bones in humongous (cement mixer looking) vats & later crumbled to make the meal. One extra-long holiday weekend the tumbler broke down. Had to shovel it out into large gaylord containers & forklift to a refrigerated truck. Well- refrigeration unit went out on the trucks that night & the 100 degree Kansas tempos baked them all weekend. Guess who got to unload the very ripe crap back out of the refer trucks?
Oh yeah, Got my carpel tunnel there.
Such lovely memories........
Crush On June 23, 2021

#14New Post! Jun 01, 2015 @ 23:16:49
@Hitting40 Said

What's yours ?

Roofed as a youngster. When my snot was carrying shingle dust I knew it was time to change jobs.

#15New Post! Jun 02, 2015 @ 00:18:13
@shinobinoz Said

While in college. 2 years Lower rendering Ethicon where the gutted cow's intestines were dropped into a vat pulled through a press to squeeze out the shiite & dumped into another vat for processing into "catgut" for medical sutures. We would try to keep up with the kill-floor & (if you can picture the intestine like a very long bicycle inner-tube) would cut a notch through half of the tube & pulled into a cutter which ran 4 sets of 4 circular steel blades to cut the catgut. The inner part of the intestines (or cancerous growths etc) were flushed to the paunch tank (a whole nother level of gross), and the outside banded in large bundles & salted to be shipped for making into catgut. The intestines by accident --- or we suspect at times on purpose would knot up going into the press. If you were lucky you would see the large balloon of poo before it ruptured throwing it all around the room and often right on you. Ergo we did not talk when working ethicon. Also received the tube for bile that ran into a 55 gallon drum. That crap really burns the skin. Nice day-glow green it is.

Occasional the paunch tank auger would jam & we would have to wade chest deep in guts, crap, unusable parts & pieces of the cow, oh yeah- a favorite- calve fetuses.

Also worked making bone meal where we cooked the bones in humongous (cement mixer looking) vats & later crumbled to make the meal. One extra-long holiday weekend the tumbler broke down. Had to shovel it out into large gaylord containers & forklift to a refrigerated truck. Well- refrigeration unit went out on the trucks that night & the 100 degree Kansas tempos baked them all weekend. Guess who got to unload the very ripe crap back out of the refer trucks?
Oh yeah, Got my carpel tunnel there.
Such lovely memories........

Cheeses Christ!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs