Forums:
Jokes & Humor

The Parakeet

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rondetto On 21 minutes ago

Wrexham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 11:21:55
Jim strolls into the paint section of a Homebase and walks up to the assistant. "I'd like a pint of canary-coloured paint," he says.

"Certainly," says the clerk. "Mind if I ask why you need it?"

"My parakeet," says Jim. "See, I want to enter him in a canary contest. He sings so sweetly that I know he's sure to win."

"Well, you can't do that!" the assistant says. "The chemicals in the paint will almost certainly kill the poor thing!"

"No, they won't," Jim replies.

"Listen, Buddy, I'll bet you ten quid your parakeet dies if you try to paint him."

"You're on!" says Jim.

Two days later Jim comes back looking very sheepish and puts ten pounds on the counter in front of the clerk.

"So the paint killed your bird?"

"Not really," Jim says. "He seemed to handle the paint okay, but he didn't survive the sanding between coats."
LordGnome On February 24, 2017

Dayn Sayth, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 13:41:26
shouldn't have used a black and decker power sander then. just a quick rub down with a fine grade sandpaper would have done the trick.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 14:14:23
@rondetto Said

Jim strolls into the paint section of a Homebase and walks up to the assistant. "I'd like a pint of canary-coloured paint," he says.

"Certainly," says the clerk. "Mind if I ask why you need it?"

"My parakeet," says Jim. "See, I want to enter him in a canary contest. He sings so sweetly that I know he's sure to win."

"Well, you can't do that!" the assistant says. "The chemicals in the paint will almost certainly kill the poor thing!"

"No, they won't," Jim replies.

"Listen, Buddy, I'll bet you ten quid your parakeet dies if you try to paint him."

"You're on!" says Jim.

Two days later Jim comes back looking very sheepish and puts ten pounds on the counter in front of the clerk.

"So the paint killed your bird?"

"Not really," Jim says. "He seemed to handle the paint okay, but he didn't survive the sanding between coats."

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs