News & Current Events

Texas zoo sets up gift registry, planning baby shower for pregnant orangutan

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Dec 14, 2016 @ 06:43:12

Quote:
The Cameron Park Zoo in Waco is requesting several items for Mei and KJ on the Target registry, which also includes the movie “Zootopia,” stuffed animals, a musical crib mobile, SpongeBob SquarePants bubble bath and books. All are under $25, and several have already been purchased.

The zoo is also planning to host a baby orangutan shower on Dec. 18 near the orangutan exhibit. Human guests will be able to enjoy cake.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-zoo-sets-up-gift-registry-planning-baby-shower-for-pregnant-orangutan/

I wonder , how do those zoo keepers/trainers know what the animals taste in music really are . did they even give the animals choice . What do you figure would happen if someone started playing a dolly parton Cd in the neighborhood of a group of these animals living in the wild ? Or offered one a bottle of SpongeBob SquarePants bubble bath ?? How enriched would that animal feel or better yet how would that animal 'enrich' the person playing the CD or trying to bathe it ?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Dec 14, 2016 @ 08:15:08
I remember in 70's, when my brother, will got married to his childhood sweetheart, Hillary. she was an somewhat cute orangutan, too.

my parents stole my brother from zoo, he is an orangutan, and Hillary his wife for almost 40 years, they have 2 daughters, names chichi and tammy faye. )was in the large cage with Hillary's family. the cage held a large group of orangutans.

a couple of weeks before, my parents went to the zoo, they fell in love with will. at 72 years old, will is really ugly for an orangutan. I still love for a brother. my brother is so ugly, you shake a stick at him.

once, i shake a stick at will, he ate it.

my parents want will badly,( will is older sibling in my family, I was baby. I had a choice, I wish my parents got a dog instead will. ) because he was a cute baby orangutan. orangutans get more uglier, when they get older. I love Hillary like a sister, she is no winner. she was a dog, she would win first, second and third winners at three dog shows in row.

( twillite, stop barking at my family picture. I see your family picture, you have no prize family. barman & baily that employed your family for 100 years. twilite, put the photo face down of your family on this post's floor. twilite, talking about the freakshow at the circus. yes, twilite, I was joking about the freakshow.

yes, your family is not freaks, I am sorry that your great, great mother was ran over by a truck in the face. the truck had problems with brake. the driver ran over her back and forth with his tires four times over her face, before his brakes works.

twilte, today, yor family making a lot of money for barman & baily. twilite, stop get mad at me. it hard not to laugh and bark at your family, when we go to the circus every year to see them. we do bring them two bunches of bananas and two boxes of dog biscuits.

twilite, I will stop barking at you, ugly monkey! )

my two sisters and I love will and Hillary. men, Hillary is the good looking woman in our family.

my parents was arrested for stealing will from the zoo, my parents adopted will. of course, my father had worked at zoo as a zookeeper for 10 years over the weekends. to paid for will, we were poor in 60's and 70's, that damn orangutan cost money. sorry, will!

I didn't mean, will, but me and judy and Claire, our sisters. dad, keep bring the damn bunches of bananas that zoo gave him free to bring home every weekends for years.

will, when we were kids share the same tree in our bedroom. the fact that you lived above me on higher tree branch. will, you thought were funny throw banana peels down in my face, when I was sleeping. it wasn't funny. ( twilite, stop laughing at me, you freak! )

I think is nice Waco zoo was nice to give Mei and KJ on the Target registry. now, I think about I would have give will and Hillary a gift certificate like I do now. I give a 50 dollars gift certificate to them.

the gift certificate to st. louis zoo, where they get their favorite best bunches of wipe bananas, money buys.

my brother and my sister in law goes ape s*** for those bananas. they love me for that.

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Dec 14, 2016 @ 09:57:52
I remember now, you posted about being kid napped by , I thought it was monkey's or gorillas but it was a while back and I assume you would well remember , since you were there . thanks for sharing .
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Dec 14, 2016 @ 15:19:51
A face only a mother could love

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Dec 14, 2016 @ 15:46:42
@white_swan53 Said

I remember now, you posted about being kid napped by , I thought it was monkey's or gorillas but it was a while back and I assume you would well remember , since you were there . thanks for sharing .

swan-your right, that was will! that was about my parents went to zoo one day.

my parents went to st. louis zoo's ape house. they saw will. but there was an zookeeper around the apes.

my mom had be distract the zookeeper, by she was attractive woman back then. she was flittering with the zookeeper.

my father had an banana in his coat pocket. my father had really big heavy coat, because it was wintertime.

my father had to convinced will or pursuit will to come to the backdoor of the ape cage. my father put the banana pretty to close the cage in front of will. then my father talked to will, if he want to his son. will like the banana agreed to be my brother. so will went to the backdoor opened the and my father open his coat and lift his open arms to will. will jumped to father's arms, and my father closed his coat and my mom saw it and stopped flittering with the zookeeper, and went back to my father. that story how will become my brother.

my story is the glamorous not what my mom told me I was a kid.

when the stock was carrying me over my house, the stock was near-sight, he was older than god.

the stock flew over the house to dropped me into my house's chimney. the near-sight old bastard dropped me, but miss the open of my chimney and islammed hard against the side of the chimney face first. then I rolled down the roof, and fell face first on the front door's porch. then my parents heard the crash, and came out to get me on the porch.

that how I was born!

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Dec 14, 2016 @ 16:31:47
@twilitezone911 Said

swan-your right, that was will! that was about my parents went to zoo one day.

my parents went to st. louis zoo's ape house. they saw will. but there was an zookeeper around the apes.

my mom had be distract the zookeeper, by she was attractive woman back then. she was flittering with the zookeeper.

my father had an banana in his coat pocket. my father had really big heavy coat, because it was wintertime.

my father had to convinced will or pursuit will to come to the backdoor of the ape cage. my father put the banana pretty to close the cage in front of will. then my father talked to will, if he want to his son. will like the banana agreed to be my brother. so will went to the backdoor opened the and my father open his coat and lift his open arms to will. will jumped to father's arms, and my father closed his coat and my mom saw it and stopped flittering with the zookeeper, and went back to my father. that story how will become my brother.

my story is the glamorous not what my mom told me I was a kid.

when the stock was carrying me over my house, the stock was near-sight, he was older than god.

the stock flew over the house to dropped me into my house's chimney. the near-sight old bastard dropped me, but miss the open of my chimney and islammed hard against the side of the chimney face first. then I rolled down the roof, and fell face first on the front door's porch. then my parents heard the crash, and came out to get me on the porch.

that how I was born!

some parents have really twisted sense of humour. when we were little and would ask dad where babies came from , he tell us that one day while strolling across the pasture he kicked over a cow patty and there we were .... grandmother would reach over and smack him up side the head when he told us that story ,,,,

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Dec 14, 2016 @ 16:56:10
@white_swan53 Said

some parents have really twisted sense of humour. when we were little and would ask dad where babies came from , he tell us that one day while strolling across the pasture he kicked over a cow patty and there we were .... grandmother would reach over and smack him up side the head when he told us that story ,,,,

my parents try give me comfort, when I was a little. that gave me a big wall poster of " the elephant man " (they that brought me at st. louis art museum. ) that hanging over my bedroom's wall over my head in my bedroom.

he was my second role model with my father as my first. when I was a kid. I had the poster for a long time, before I threw it away.

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 00:35:28
@twilitezone911 Said

my parents try give me comfort, when I was a little. that gave me a big wall poster of " the elephant man " (they that brought me at st. louis art museum. ) that hanging over my bedroom's wall over my head in my bedroom.

he was my second role model with my father as my first. when I was a kid. I had the poster for a long time, before I threw it away.

So the 'comforting' aspect of the poster, was that you should be glad you didn't look like him ?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 00:58:28
@white_swan53 Said

So the 'comforting' aspect of the poster, was that you should be glad you didn't look like him ?

I guess everybody missed the point of humor that read my post. or my lack of points that I didn't get from the post before.

because when I was growing up, because the stock missing the chimney by inches. I hit face first of the side of the chimney and roll off of the roof to the ground face down.

I was joking about having a poster of " the elephant man " over my head to looking over me, when I was sleeping.

so. I refer that " the elephant man " as my no. 1 role model instead my father. because I thought " the elephant man " was sooooo handsome than me.

that if he got out in the public like the way he look, be accept into the public.

so can I!

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 19:48:49
so did you go purchase an item on the list for the mommy to be ?

Yeah , me neither .

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 20:06:50
@white_swan53 Said

so did you go purchase an item on the list for the mommy to be ?

Yeah , me neither .

no, I found out where the she live, but I sent her a 1968 dvd of " planet of the apes " not the list. she will go ape s*** for " Charles heston " without a shirt off.

n/a, New Mexico
#12New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 20:41:06
@twilitezone911 Said

no, I found out where the she live, but I sent her a 1968 dvd of " planet of the apes " not the list. she will go ape s*** for " Charles heston " without a shirt off.

Now there's an idea . Send her the more recent planet of the Apes movies where the ape learns to speak and then leads a rebellion against humans and the apes take over the place. Do you think the wardens would allow her to have them ?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Dec 15, 2016 @ 21:15:15
@white_swan53 Said

Now there's an idea . Send her the more recent planet of the Apes movies where the ape learns to speak and then leads a rebellion against humans and the apes take over the place. Do you think the wardens would allow her to have them ?

that not a bad idea, because next year, next installment of the reboot of " the planet of apes " call, " the war of the planet of apes ".

I think the zookeepers, who are in charge at the zoo, they probably are finished watching them by in their treehouses at zoo.

they would share them with her, she is cutie of a mom to be, to not get them.

maybe they let her watch clint eastwood's " every which but loose " and " every which you can ".

I read that she and the rest of the female gang there, have a giant wall poster of " clyde " naked just like the famous naked picture of " burt Reynolds " in Cosmopolitan magazine. but, clyde there instead of burt, eating a banana to die for.

clyde will attack by those females inmates, if he visit that zoo.

n/a, New Mexico
#14New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 09:04:43
@twilitezone911 Said

that not a bad idea, because next year, next installment of the reboot of " the planet of apes " call, " the war of the planet of apes ".

I think the zookeepers, who are in charge at the zoo, they probably are finished watching them by in their treehouses at zoo.

they would share them with her, she is cutie of a mom to be, to not get them.

maybe they let her watch clint eastwood's " every which but loose " and " every which you can ".

I read that she and the rest of the female gang there, have a giant wall poster of " clyde " naked just like the famous naked picture of " burt Reynolds " in Cosmopolitan magazine. but, clyde there instead of burt, eating a banana to die for.

clyde will attack by those females inmates, if he visit that zoo.

It's a toss up between the mom and clide , who's the funnest. In that movie .

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Dec 16, 2016 @ 13:46:10
@white_swan53 Said

It's a toss up between the mom and clide , who's the funnest. In that movie .

no toss up- it was the brilliant " ruth Gordon " as the a** kicked old lady with the shotgun.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs