Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#1New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 07:39:53
How do you watch your favorite tv shows? Live or recorded?
Do you watch them as soon as the come out or in binge sessions? Do you subscribe to a service like Netflix or Hulu? Or something else that offers shows on demand.

I'm easily seasons behind on my favorites. I record most of them, but have been known to use Netflix. Story telling seems to feel a little different when you don't have to wait a week to find out what happens.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 09:11:34
@DiscordTiger Said

Do you watch them as soon as the come out or in binge sessions? Do you subscribe to a service like Netflix or Hulu? Or something else that offers shows on demand.

I'm easily seasons behind on my favorites. I record most of them, but have been known to use Netflix. Story telling seems to feel a little different when you don't have to wait a week to find out what happens.

I love a good bit of telly- I tend wherever possible to watch them as they come on but I am a big fan of using catch up tv and I love Netflix. Have loved watching Grimm, American Horror Story, Bates Motel, Hemlock Grove and currently watching Once Upon a Time and agree being able to marathon it is great!
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#3New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 10:29:25
Because of my work schedule it's difficult to watch anything "live". So I usually end up using Netflix, Hulu, or On Demand to watch shows.

I don't generally binge watch though, I might watch 2 episodes of a show in the same night, but more than that I start getting antsy.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 11:56:32
@boxer Said

Because of my work schedule it's difficult to watch anything "live". So I usually end up using Netflix, Hulu, or On Demand to watch shows.

I don't generally binge watch though, I might watch 2 episodes of a show in the same night, but more than that I start getting antsy.

Same.

Although I have to admit being spoiled with the ability to binge watch, which wasn't an option growing up for anyone over the age of 25. If you missed an episode of your favorite show, you just missed it. Until and if it got picked up in syndication several years later.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 12:05:30
I very rarely watch things at the time they go out, I record a lot of things and then watch them as and when I please. If it's a show such as Britain's Got Talent then I'll try and watch it on the night it's on, however I'll still watch it later than it's on so that I can skip through the adverts.

I don't have Netflix, but my TV package has an On Demand feature, it's not the best but it does have some good shows at times.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 12:07:15
Oh, I am currently trying to binge watch Switched at Birth, I'm on Series 2 of 4 and my On Demand feature will be getting cut off next month and being replaced with Netflix (which I won't be having)
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#7New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 14:45:11
I very rarely watch live tv other then the news or a sporting event. I have Netflix. I usually watch maybe 2-3 episodes maximum before I get itchy in my seat looking for something to do. I usually do other things when I watch tv, unless it's the tv I watch just before bed because then I'm tired and I watch tv until I fall asleep.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 17:07:46
I don't get reception out here so Idon't have any TV watching habits
What I wanted to ask you Tiger Are those playboy bunny ears on your tiger in your avvy ??????
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#9New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 18:02:48
@DiscordTiger Said

all of the above....I don't know what i would do with out my DVR...but mostly because i don't want to watch commercials even shows I watch live I will DVR it and wait 15 minutes so I can fast forward them
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#10New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 19:37:03
I've always been a binge watcher, and I tend to watch the same thing over and over again if I really like it. I think I've watched every episode of The West Wing at least 10 times. I own all the DVDS to my favorite show and I also watch stuff on netflix whenever I can.
Electric_Banana On about 12 hours ago

, New Zealand
#11New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 23:02:45
I try and avoid the NWO's programming at all costs.
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#12New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 23:12:39
I binge watch, i don't watch things simply cause they're popular. i'll just hunt for something interesting when i have a few days off, then dont sleep till i've watched them all. last week i watched 3 seasons of bates motel with my daughter over a couple of days
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#13New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 23:43:04
We binge watched breaking bad like the couple weeks before the finale. The last show we watched was Arrow, only now we have to wait t like September for the 3rd season. Unless I buy it. Netflix gets so judgy. "Are you sure you want to keep watching this?" Lol

It feels weird to buy streaming regular tv shows. DVD sets I understand, but a streaming season pass for one show feels weird still. I was thinking about Hulu plus, it has more than Netflix streaming, but then I wonder if I'll use it enough.

I've got better call Saul, the last half season of walking dead, agent carter and game of thrones waiting.
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#14New Post! May 26, 2015 @ 23:54:56
@DiscordTiger Said

We binge watched breaking bad like the couple weeks before the finale. The last show we watched was Arrow, only now we have to wait t like September for the 3rd season. Unless I buy it. Netflix gets so judgy. "Are you sure you want to keep watching this?" Lol

It feels weird to buy streaming regular tv shows. DVD sets I understand, but a streaming season pass for one show feels weird still. I was thinking about Hulu plus, it has more than Netflix streaming, but then I wonder if I'll use it enough.

I've got better call Saul, the last half season of walking dead, agent carter and game of thrones waiting.

We did with breaking bad, i was like muuh why do i want to watch that, but then watched one and was hooked. I haven't got round to better call saul yet, thats next on my list.

I found "the royals" quite a surprising one. I dont usually like that type of show and tbh British shows , dont have a scratch on US ones, but i really enjoyed it. I've actually watched it from the start though, so i've a whole year to wait...

Orphan blacks a good one to...
cant you tell i have no life
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#15New Post! May 27, 2015 @ 01:04:49
@Hitting40 Said

We did with breaking bad, i was like muuh why do i want to watch that, but then watched one and was hooked. I haven't got round to better call saul yet, thats next on my list.

I found "the royals" quite a surprising one. I dont usually like that type of show and tbh British shows , dont have a scratch on US ones, but i really enjoyed it. I've actually watched it from the start though, so i've a whole year to wait...

Orphan blacks a good one to...
cant you tell i have no life

I live in Albuquerque, I swear I was the last one here to see breaking bad. Everyone was talking about it. Everyone.

I've seen bits of orphan black on bbc. It looks interesting to add to my list someday.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs