State of the NFL

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 03:47:20
In my opinion, so far this season is disappointing. Not only is my favorite team having a horrible season so far, but things for the NFL seem like it may be going downhill slightly. The whole protest thing has left a big impact on America and I feel like it’s dividing the country further. I’m not going to say it’s one group’s fault, or one person’s fault. It’s the Country’s fault as a whole. I do think we are all to blame. The comments fans and others have are wrong when they bash the players. Players who protested against the President for his comments are wrong. The president was wrong for his comments on the Players. This is just not a good year for the NFL or the fans.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 05:37:32
@Cpat92 Said

Players who protested against the President for his comments are wrong.

Why?

Why can't the players disagree with the President and peacefully protest?

Are NFL players not given the same 1st Amendment rights as other U.S. citizens?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 12:01:44
I think:
Yeah, my hometown team sucks even more than last year. It's October and we're starting to talk #1 draft pick!! .. again

The divisiveness comes in because of the same old MO by some: cloud and confuse the real reason behind the matter with passionate misdirection. The demonstrations are not to demean the flag or the national anthem. Nowadays the purpose may be for various reasons, but not against the stars and stripes.
There were other demonstrations against the confederate flag and symbols, with people tearing down statues and burning or otherwise destroying the stars and bars ... see the difference?
Now, you may have an argument on whether the players should be voicing opinions while "on the clock". But don't let that discussion dissolve into "They Hate America and so does anyone that supports them". But if there are no rules, how can they be broken?
(I wonder how many NFL owners Trump has called)

And then there is the officiating. Personally, I know I'd have a tough time making some of those calls - but, then again, It's not my job!

And of course, the prices. The last few NFL games I have been to have been courtesy of vendors, and they've picked up the tab for food and drink as well. But from what I've seen and heard, I'd need to default on my son's student loan in order to take the family to a ball game to see our hometown team embarrass themselves on the field while we freeze our butts in the stands.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#4New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 12:50:32
@chaski Said

Why?

Does the President lose his 1st amendment right when elected??...hmmm don't think so...
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#5New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 14:53:11
@bobbimay Said

Does the President lose his 1st amendment right when elected??

Not at all.

The president has the right to say and or protest whatever he wants as well.

In fact, the President has the added benefit of being able to have a greater impact than most of the rest of us.

I fully support the both the President's rights and the NFL players' rights.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#6New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 18:19:05
@chaski Said

Why?

Why not say they were wrong? Why not say the President was wrong? My point is that all we’ve been doing as a Nation was point fingers at each other. I’m a do “my part” and point fingers at us all. Generally speaking, we are acting as a poison to our country by pointing fingers and playing the blame game and name calling. I understand what Kaepernick was protesting for. I feel like a few players joined in for the same cause. After a while the protesting seemed less meaningful and less effective. Now it doesn’t seem like they are protesting anymore. They just wanted to kneel in order to use it as a slap in the face to President Trump. All this useless controversy is a waste of time.

@bobbimay Said

Does the President lose his 1st amendment right when elected??...hmmm don't think so...

No, but in the eyes of many Americans it either is, or should have been gone.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 20:02:14
@Cpat92 Said

Why not say they were wrong?

1. Why is it wrong to say that they were wrong for peacefully protesting?

OR

2. Why is it wrong to say that their opinion is wrong?

It it wrong to say that they were wrong for peacefully protesting because >>> It is their Constitutional right to peacefully protest.

It is not wrong to disagree with their opinion...the content and/or purpose of their protest.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 20:08:43
@chaski Said

1. Why is it wrong to say that they were wrong for peacefully protesting?

OR

2. Why is it wrong to say that their opinion is wrong?

It it wrong to say that they were wrong for peacefully protesting because >>> It is their Constitutional right to peacefully protest.

It is not wrong to disagree with their opinion...the content and/or purpose of their protest.

Wouldn’t it be in one’s constitutional right to say another is wrong for their protest, whether it be peaceful or just an opinion?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#9New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 20:30:17
@bobbimay Said

The president certainly has a right to his own opinion on the matter as well as to speak out about it, just as we all have a right to think of him as a moron for doing so.

As far as the NFL, ratings have been in decline due to the decline of overall cable viewership, team relocation away from major cities, and the CTE controversy and its effect on high school and collegiate football. The anthem hoopla had had a tiny part in this, if any.

But we wouldn't know it from this artificially pumped sideshow egged on by our fourteen-year-old in chief.

Did we really need to divide our already divided nation further? I thought the leader of a nation was supposed to solve problems, bring people together, make important decisions that unify and strengthen, set an example, lead...

But, no, I guess we need to lower our expectations on that a bit here. Let's instead defend and revel in the awesomeness of the man's right to tweet.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#10New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 20:37:42
This talk about politics within sports is proving to be awfully dreadful. Chaski, thank you for the debate. You have one this round my friend.

On to more important news in the NFL. My team is currently in the race for the 1st round pick. I feel like our head coach is not doing a great job. We are down 4 wide receivers. This is very bad. It’s bad to the point Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson (Chad Ochocinco) offered to play for us.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#11New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 20:39:08
@Cpat92 Said

Wouldn’t it be in one’s constitutional right to say another is wrong for their protest, whether it be peaceful or just an opinion?

Yes it would be your constitutional right to state that others did not have the right to peacefully protest.

Of course you would be incorrect to say such a thing as it is in fact their constitutional right.

If it is not a peaceful protest (aka it was a violent protest) you would be both with in your constitutional rights and full correct in stating that someone was wrong for violently protesting.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#12New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 20:43:18
@Cpat92 Said

This talk about politics within sports is proving to be awfully dreadful. Chaski, thank you for the debate. You have one this round my friend.

Sadly politics has been brought into sports (to frequently).

As to the debate, it certainly isn't a victory that I relish...

And by the way... I agree with you assessment that the USA has fallen into the pathetic mode of finger points.

Worse is that too often both sides are at least partially wrong... and both sides refuse to take the time to listen to each other.

Tucson, Arizona
#13New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 21:08:05
@Cpat92 Said

Why not say they were wrong? Why not say the President was wrong? My point is that all we’ve been doing as a Nation was point fingers at each other. I’m a do “my part” and point fingers at us all. Generally speaking, we are acting as a poison to our country by pointing fingers and playing the blame game and name calling. I understand what Kaepernick was protesting for. I feel like a few players joined in for the same cause. After a while the protesting seemed less meaningful and less effective. Now it doesn’t seem like they are protesting anymore. They just wanted to kneel in order to use it as a slap in the face to President Trump. All this useless controversy is a waste of time.

No, but in the eyes of many Americans it either is, or should have been gone.

not many...but some...and of those "some" it's not that they don't want free speech they just want only their speech heard....look at the statues those some are saying :I don't like that man in the statue so no one should be able to see it:...Really???

As for the NFL...Why protest during the National Anthem ..why not at kick off or at half time??? Would it be because if they did they would not be able to cash those million dollar pay checks??

I have 3 loved ones buried at Arlington two family members and one best friend...one of those is my husband..before they sent him to the crematory the military guard took the flag off his coffin folded it and handed it to me... that same flag flys outside in my front yard every day....

So when a bunch of overpaid ball players decide to disrespect the song and flag that my family has fought and in some cases died for...

It makes it really hard to hear what they are screaming about...

Tucson, Arizona
#14New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 21:15:01
@Leon Said

The president certainly has a right to his own opinion on the matter as well as to speak out about it, just as we all have a right to think of him as a moron for doing so.

As far as the NFL, ratings have been in decline due to the decline of overall cable viewership, team relocation away from major cities, and the CTE controversy and its effect on high school and collegiate football. The anthem hoopla had had a tiny part in this, if any.

But we wouldn't know it from this artificially pumped sideshow egged on by our fourteen-year-old in chief.

Did we really need to divide our already divided nation further? I thought the leader of a nation was supposed to solve problems, bring people together, make important decisions that unify and strengthen, set an example, lead...

But, no, I guess we need to lower our expectations on that a bit here. Let's instead defend and revel in the awesomeness of the man's right to tweet.

really???hmmm...

The Cambridge police acted stupidly..

If I had a son he would look just like Trayvon.....

Hands up don't shoot....

no that's not dividing the country not is it....
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#15New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 21:25:12
@bobbimay Said

really???hmmm...

The Cambridge police acted stupidly..

If I had a son he would look just like Trayvon.....

Hands up don't shoot....

no that's not dividing the country not is it....

Notice here that Obama was speaking out against acts of injustice, if not downright illegal, that resulted in tragedies.

Is it unjust, illegal, and/or tragic to peacefully protest at a game?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs