Solar Eclipse 2017

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#1New Post! Aug 18, 2017 @ 16:02:16
Anyone else in its path? For the eclipse coming through on Monday, 21 August, I am lucky enough to be in its direct path and I'm in one of the prime locations to view/experience it. They are estimating something like a million and a half people traveling to St Louis from surrounding states just to see it.

My work is closing for the afternoon and they've bought us all viewing glasses so we can go outside and watch it.

I'm pretty stoked!

The last time one came through this area that was similar was 1918....
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Aug 18, 2017 @ 20:53:53
eagle- I just read it last about less two minutes. on Monday, between 1:17 to 1:18, over st. louis. I am not sure what I am going to that day, it only less two minutes. I am not going waste my time buying these special glasses, and get rip off. or, going to pizza whatever place to buy, to get the glasses free.

here is a funny story, now it is a funny back then, I was pissed off with my mom back then. thelast solar eclipse was febuary 26, 1979.

I was 19 years old living with my mom in old house. I think it was Saturday, when the eclipse happen around noon to 1:00p.m. it was 12:17 p.m.

that morning, I told my mom going out to see the solar eclipse, then I didn't have any special glasses then. back then, they recommend on news, you used this plastic color tinsels sheet that cover your eyes with to see the sun.

my mom had a fit and told me, that I am going to used the tinsel cover sheet, and force to stayed the house until after the event happened. she told me, that sheet won't work, or I was dumb enough to put over my eyes. at that time, I probably won't have put the sheet over my eyes. I would put the sheet over my eyes. I would still go blind. I lost the argument, when the event happen. I was in my den looking out the window, watched the sky go dark.

it was exciting it sound.

I can watch on tv for less two minutes, probably get the same thrill. if there is a thrill. most of these events that happen one in your life, is not exciting then the hype is.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Aug 18, 2017 @ 21:28:49
The "Total Eclipse" is about 2 minutes, the whole event is about 2 hours - locally.

They say Cleveland area will get about 80% coverage.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#4New Post! Aug 19, 2017 @ 18:22:06
So just long enough to sing total eclipse of the heart in darkness.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#5New Post! Aug 19, 2017 @ 18:55:26
@DiscordTiger Said

So just long enough to sing total eclipse of the heart in darkness.

The literal version?

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Aug 19, 2017 @ 22:38:47
The eclipse is the perfect cover for the Annunakai to open their portal allowing their armies to invade the Earth and retrieve the gold that the human slaves have concentrated into various locations across the planet.

The Bilderberg Group thinks they will get some kind of special treatment. When have we ever invited a cow to the dinner table?
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#7New Post! Aug 20, 2017 @ 01:02:03
I'm near it... Over in Arkansas. I'll be trying not to look at it while wearing cheap sunglasses.

We were in El Paso, Tx and the partial eclipse - 1994? iirc.

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Aug 21, 2017 @ 15:20:29
https://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/us_comp/us_comp.html

Visible Satellite composite ... some people are going to be bummed.

We'll be "Partly Cloudy"
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Aug 21, 2017 @ 17:07:51
We just entered partial phase about ten minutes ago...I went out and looked.

It looks like Pac Man yawning upwards
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Aug 21, 2017 @ 18:24:45
Unbelievable.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#11New Post! Aug 21, 2017 @ 18:36:06
It's just slightly dark where I am. My apartment's not in a good spot to see it and I don't have the materials available to make one of those boxes, so CNN is the next best thing.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Aug 21, 2017 @ 18:43:31
It was amazing!

The temperature dropped about 15 degrees in less than a minute and we had totality so we could look without the glasses for about 30 seconds. There was like a 360 degree sunset.

When it went dark, almost instantly the crickets and cicadas started going nuts because they thought it was night and then after the sun started coming back, they stopped abruptly and went dead quiet.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Aug 21, 2017 @ 20:21:28
@Eaglebauer Said

It was amazing!

The temperature dropped about 15 degrees in less than a minute and we had totality so we could look without the glasses for about 30 seconds. There was like a 360 degree sunset.

When it went dark, almost instantly the crickets and cicadas started going nuts because they thought it was night and then after the sun started coming back, they stopped abruptly and went dead quiet.

eagle - I was in my old neighborhood, when the event. i used to lived two blocks from wastington university. i normally get off the bus, where i used. i walked up to the opposite block toward the schnucks on clayton road.

i get 30 minutes walk and get my groceries, i walked 4 miles a week. i walking back to my bus stop, and there is a park behind my old neighborhood, called claverach park.

there were a lot of students from Washington u. and Frontenac college that is across from the park. other people swarming around the park. so, i walked by the park heading for the bus stop. i saw missed my bus from distance, so i knew i had 30 minutes window to wait. i took my time, walking to the bus.

i usually cut through a quite little neighborhood, basically, the neighborhood's street. i ran into a couple of students that on the street and waiting for the event.

the lady was nice enough to let me look through her special glasses ( the cheap 3-d glasses, you get at movies), i had take off my glasses to put them on. she told me, that the moon partical over the sun. i have admit wasn't that trill, it look at a photo on the internet today. it was a almost 2 minutes, that i had them on.

that i was exciting, i could handle. i found that interesting than the hype to the couple waw having. i thought of time, when i saw history that i felt was better than this event. i told that when i was six, i watched at my neighbor's house on tv, jfk's funeral. i told remember them, i remember watching john's jr. lifting his hand saluting the his father's coffin in the crowd, with jfk's watch hanging over his wrist. i remember the scene, when the horse and the wagon, his coffin on it heading into the grave site.

i told the lady and the man, i hope you get more out than me. she told me that this thrill for her ( no, twilite, not to meet me, but the event. ), it thrill to witness it. i said my goodbyes to them and heading for the bus stop.

i had 15 minutes, it was hot and i was sweating. i was under a tree, and the tree's leaves, i could see the sun with go blind. you really can't see anything without the glasses.

eagle, you are right about the 15 degrees dropped in temperature. the crickets were curpping and it did get dark for five minutes. i was glad the cool breeze came along to cool myself. then, the sun came out, and waiting a little long to boarded the bus.

the end
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#14New Post! Aug 21, 2017 @ 21:37:26
@Eaglebauer Said

It was amazing!

Great description.

Thank you!

My travels put me in an area where there was only a (roughly) 60% blockage. Still the light turned a strange hue (hue probably isn't the right word...tint?), the temperature was cooler...in addition the news coverage was pretty good... a great relief from the norm fake news agenda.

Some of the video and photo feeds from NASA were amazing...of course they were all fake, but one can certainly appreciate the level of detail they have used in propping up this bizarre conspiracy to trick humans into believing that "we" have actually escaped the dome of our flat earth and made it into space...

newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#15New Post! Aug 22, 2017 @ 18:44:13
I didn't feel like forking over money for one-time glasses, so I layered 3 pairs of regular sunglasses and covered the sides around them with my hands, like a pair of goggles. Worked like a charm, I saw the whole progression.

I could have taken a picture, but I've been waiting 19 years to see it myself
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs