Sodom & Gomorrah Physical Evidence 2

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
AzUnDeR On January 04, 2018

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#1New Post! May 14, 2017 @ 04:38:21

Here's another video to help those who are spiritually poor so you may build up your faith even stronger. With pure religion and the gift of faith from the Holy Spirit, not the world's version of what religion is.

James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#2New Post! May 14, 2017 @ 05:22:52
@AzUnDeR Said

Here's another video to help those who are spiritually poor so you may build up your faith even stronger. With pure religion and the gift of faith from the Holy Spirit, not the world's version of what religion is.

James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

What does unspotted from the world mean?

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#3New Post! May 14, 2017 @ 06:16:53
Everything that's evil, religions, and traditions of men that are of this world.

Deleted

Pacifica, California
#4New Post! May 14, 2017 @ 06:19:14
Anything that defiles you in this kingdom.

#5New Post! May 14, 2017 @ 11:02:00

A person who is pure is not necessarily religious.

A person who is religious is not necessarily pure.

A person who tries to get the approval of society is not pure.

A religion that tries to get the approval of a God in not pure.

A person who is pure is not selfish.

A religion that is pure has no selfish motives.

A person who has selfish motives is not pure.

A religion that has selfish motives is not pure.

[A person who is pure]

A person who is pure is NOT seeking the approval of society.

A person who is pure is NOT seeking the approval of God.

A person who is pure is NOT seeking approval.

[People who are religious]

There are people who are religious in order gain the approval of society.

There are people who are religious in order to gain the approval of God.

There are people who are religious who do NOT seek the approval of society.

There are people who are religious who do NOT seek the approval of God.

There are people who are religious who do NOT seek approval.

No one is perfect. We play the hand we have been dealt the best we can. If God can understand; then God would understand this. Assuming (of course) Free Will.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! May 14, 2017 @ 13:51:26
I don't doubt that the bible has some legitimate historical references. But it's the abstraction to credit god that takes a leap of faith that I'm unable to do.

It's little more than attributing anything we don't understand to the power of god.

Was it Columbus that learned to predict solar eclipses and used that knowledge to convince the Aztecs he had power over the sun? (there's some story about somebody that goes like that)

Just because the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were real, and they were destroyed, doesn't mean there is a god that destroyed them.

Premise: Martians are real
Assumption: Martians live on Mars
Fact: Look! There is Mars!
Conclusion: Martians are real
jennyjane111 On May 15, 2017

Boston, Texas
#8New Post! May 15, 2017 @ 06:40:14
Everything that's evil, religions, and traditions of men that are of this world.

#9New Post! May 15, 2017 @ 09:19:29
@jennyjane111 Said

please explain
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! May 15, 2017 @ 09:36:41
Sodom & Gomorrah , when i heard these two words associate with las vegas.

i think i dated their sisters in 80's.

i never take these two words seriously, or these two people were really bad. i don't really remember the story about them too well. the movie, Sodom & Gomorrah in 60's, wasn't the great to watch. i saw it twice. the movie was stinker.

it probably would have been a better movie, and the movie was made in las vegas. the movie wasn't edit that well. in the backdrop in one the scene, you see elvis get into his limo in front of caesar place, and julius ceasar on his limo car open.

i thought really strange people refer that las vegas as " sin city ", and as evil as Sodom & Gomorrah. just because you are gambling and men getting sex with strange women. ( twilite, we need to save money and go las vegas this year. )

with the words: Sodom & Gomorrah, you think of something that is simply wrong , morally, than any other word. because sex, money, gambling, and reruns of " gillian's island " is a bad sin.

i can see the evil in gilligan's island, when the beatings of the skipper hitting gilligan's head with his skipper's head. mr. howard give gilligan money to be his man servant and gilligan be a butler. yea, right, gilligan was a slave to mr. howard. yea, how mrs. howard slapping gilligan with twenty dollars in his face. it was outage to him, she should slapped with hundred dollars. what a cheat b****!

why would god want us to a place release our sins, why was a desert, the location. thank god, that moses didn't take my ancestors to this sin place. ( twilite, shh! don't tell tiger, moses did, take them, but since las vegas didn't have bagels. it is a jewish sin ( a fact, that no jew can't stay anywhere unless they serve in morning locks and bagels with cream cheese. talking about holy sin. :lol jews had to leave las vegas, and missing meeting elvis.

i understand that people or religious people think sex is evil in that place of sins. because morally sex and gambling is a form of pleasure and release of stress.

Sodom & Gomorrah is an evil place for sins, because it can rain of plague of frogs and diseases. really call the animal control and go to the clinic and get a shot of penicillin.is really a big deal!

sin is human nature, part of understand evil. definite evil as a sin, it is a sick that society , said it is. or really, the bible said it is. yes, sin is morally wrong.

is it, why is las vegas, Sodom & Gomorrah, because it is evil and mortally unethic not suitable to the society is soo perfect? if Sodom & Gomorrah, this evil las vegas is soo bad, why does it still stand??
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#11New Post! May 15, 2017 @ 20:00:53
@jennyjane111 Said

Everything that has been created, has been created by god...and therefor everything that is evil, religious and the tradition of men was created by god...and thus of god...and thus has its source not of this world.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! May 15, 2017 @ 20:07:07
@Erimitus Said

please explain

@chaski Said

Everything that has been created, has been created by god...and therefor everything that is evil, religious and the tradition of men was created by god...and thus of god...and thus has its source not of this world.

It looks like she was reposting Azunder's post #3.

Why I don't know...maybe to be mocking....
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#13New Post! May 15, 2017 @ 22:11:43
Yes, there probably was a Sodom and Gomorrah, probably was destroyed, as there probably was a great flood, a migration to Egypt, and a migration back, among many other events found in the OT.

This proves only one thing: That men will attribute such events to fit their concept of a god and decide to write about it from such a vantage. This is something that men have been doing since the dawn of time and are still doing today. It doesn't prove that such a connection actually exists.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#14New Post! May 15, 2017 @ 23:57:25
My God does not need me to blow up a town!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#15New Post! May 16, 2017 @ 00:09:42
@Willi Said

My God does not need me to blow up a town!

My god doesn't need to stage the murder of his son in order to forgive people of their mistakes.

Of course I'm a sort of animistic pagan...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs