Religion & Philosophy

Social Engineering & The Book of Revelations

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Electric_Banana On about 7 hours ago

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Jul 01, 2017 @ 23:43:40
Revelations is one man's telling of a dream he had with some supposition that his dream held divine relevance.

Revelation 13:11
Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon.

Wouldn't this be snarky demonizing of Sagittarius?

And what of the 'Ten nefarious Kings'?

Which two demigods did this dreamer favor?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Jul 02, 2017 @ 00:11:21
Revelations is a metaphorical (or coded) account of anti-Romanism.

The beast was one of the Roman emperors; possibly Nero or Caligula.

The number of the beast was 616, not 666.

Its all anti-Roman Empire propaganda message to other early christians...a message that ignorant dumbs, ignorant and/or superstitious christians in later years interpreted as an End Times story.

And thus "we" wait for the rapture, even though Jesus already told "us" that the kingdom of heaven is within.

So I guess you are right EB: Social Engineering.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#3New Post! Jul 04, 2017 @ 02:50:51
Social Engineering 101

they sit and b**** about what gave them the ability to do so.....
Electric_Banana On about 7 hours ago

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Jul 04, 2017 @ 09:32:03
@chaski Said

Revelations is a metaphorical (or coded) account of anti-Romanism.

The beast was one of the Roman emperors; possibly Nero or Caligula.

The number of the beast was 616, not 666.

Its all anti-Roman Empire propaganda message to other early christians...a message that ignorant dumbs, ignorant and/or superstitious christians in later years interpreted as an End Times story.

And thus "we" wait for the rapture, even though Jesus already told "us" that the kingdom of heaven is within.

So I guess you are right EB: Social Engineering.

It looks like they were trying to defame Roman religious idealism

To make room for their own.

The 12 of the Zodiac

Together they Constructobot form a hooven, horned and winged goat monster called "Stan."
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#5New Post! Jul 04, 2017 @ 15:15:23
@Willi Said

Social Engineering 101

they sit and b**** about what gave them the ability to do so.....

Yes.

The Abrahamic religions are perhaps the greatest example of social engineering the world has ever seen.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#6New Post! Jul 04, 2017 @ 16:42:29
@chaski Said

Yes.

The Abrahamic religions are perhaps the greatest example of social engineering the world has ever seen.

was the result a gain for humanity?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7New Post! Jul 04, 2017 @ 19:16:26
@Willi Said

was the result a gain for humanity?

1st Answer: It was a gain for some humans, or some of Humanity.

2nd Answer: It depends on the truth of it. If the Abrahamic religions are mythology, then: No the result was not ultimately a gain for humanity.

3rd Answer: If one or more of the Abrahamic religions are "true", then: Go back to 1st Answer.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#8New Post! Jul 04, 2017 @ 19:28:22
@chaski Said

1st Answer: It was a gain for some humans, or some of Humanity.

2nd Answer: It depends on the truth of it. If the Abrahamic religions are mythology, then: No the result was not ultimately a gain for humanity.

3rd Answer: If one or more of the Abrahamic religions are "true", then: Go back to 1st Answer.

all faiths try to bring humanity together.
must be God wants us to work together?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#9New Post! Jul 04, 2017 @ 19:41:38
@Willi Said

all faiths try to bring humanity together.

I don't believe that this is true.

History would tend to support me.

@Willi Said

must be God wants us to work together?

If the God of Abraham exists, "he" probably wants "us" to work together...or at least get along with each other. Even if that idea isn't fully supported by the words in "his" holy books.

If god is very much different from the God of Abraham...there's no telling what "he" wants or if "he" wants anything from us.

As a side note: The premise that we humans are somehow special is both vain and silly. God made more different kinds of beetles than any other species of animal, which might suggest that "he" liked them so much that he spent a lot of "time" on them. We humans were little more than a glob of mud...and no where near the most efficient nor beautiful animals in the world...by out own standards....we are more than a bit boring and boorish.

And as to being the most intelligent of animals, well those humans of us who live in the USA elected a moron to act on our behalf both within and outside our countries boundaries...one would have to delete us from the humans, if any, that are so very intelligent.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#10New Post! Jul 05, 2017 @ 01:29:50
@chaski Said

If the God of Abraham exists, "he" probably wants "us" to work together...or at least get along with each other. Even if that idea isn't fully supported by the words in "his" holy books.

If god is very much different from the God of Abraham...there's no telling what "he" wants or if "he" wants anything from us.

As a side note: The premise that we humans are somehow special is both vain and silly. God made more different kinds of beetles than any other species of animal, which might suggest that "he" liked them so much that he spent a lot of "time" on them. We humans were little more than a glob of mud...and no where near the most efficient nor beautiful animals in the world...by out own standards....we are more than a bit boring and boorish.

And as to being the most intelligent of animals, well those humans of us who live in the USA elected a moron to act on our behalf both within and outside our countries boundaries...one would have to delete us from the humans, if any, that are so very intelligent.

books written by humans to try to get humans to work together is a common theme among faiths.
to give reason and purpose.
problems happen when different peoples meet.
they do not look to see the same.
they kill what looks/sounds different
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#11New Post! Jul 05, 2017 @ 15:31:11
@Willi Said

books written by humans to try to get manipulate and control other humans to work together is a common theme among faiths.

Fixed that for you.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Jul 05, 2017 @ 15:46:57
books written by humans to try to get manipulate and control other humans to work together is a common theme among faiths.

@chaski Said

Fixed that for you.

You make that sound bad, as if they use deception or coercion ...

Oh
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#13New Post! Jul 05, 2017 @ 16:11:51
@mrmhead Said

You make that sound bad, as if they use deception or coercion ...

Oh

I suppose it is a good thing.

The alternative would be to fairly educate people on things like facts and rational thinking, and not manipulate people with mythology and fake news... but if we did that we would be logical Vulcans, and what fun would that be?
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#14New Post! Jul 05, 2017 @ 17:32:52
@chaski Said

Eh, I don't know. Perhaps the original creators of these religions envisioned a grand utopia where all worked together. It is undeniably true however that, if that was their goal, history has shown that they all failed miserably at it.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#15New Post! Jul 05, 2017 @ 18:51:59
@nooneinparticular Said

Perhaps the original creators of these religions envisioned a grand utopia where all worked together.

Perhaps, though history and the actual words of the various holy books suggest otherwise.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs