Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#1New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 00:20:15
What is your go to method of falling asleep?
Do you have a routine?

Do you flip the pillow three times then scratch your arm, wiggle your toes, and settle in?
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#2New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 00:34:00
I haven't been sleeping too good recently. I've been going to bed anywhere between 11pm and 2am, but I think it's because I'm still trying to get used to being back in Vancouver. My bed here and my bed in Kamloops are two different experiences for sure.

Usually I just stretch out on my bed with my laptop, watch a few videos, maybe play a little bit of Binding of Isaac, perhaps a small toke from my bong and then I turn in for the night when I start feeling my eyelids get heavy or I start to snore.
musicalzealot On March 28, 2017

Under psycoskunk's bed, Japan
#3New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 00:43:57
My routine consists of tea, a couple of chapters of reading, turning some classical music on low and visualizing goals for the next day. I also find that sleeping with a full length body pillow helps me get comfortable.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#4New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 00:45:43
I snore so loud I keep myself up so I sleep in another room.
FinchMeister On December 08, 2018
R8UpLittleTramps@ss

ReganNormanMinionluv,
#5New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 00:55:30
I go online,read,listen to news radio.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#6New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 01:02:01
Oh, almost forgot. Another ritual I have is that I take a nice, long sniff of the socks I wore that day and maybe a few whiffs of my bare feet if they're especially ripe.

I don't know what it is, but there's something kinda soothing and relaxing about smelling my feet. It's just so....... therapeutic...
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#7New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 01:05:22
I'll watch some videos or post a bit.

I'd kill or die for some sleep right now but I can't go to bed yet or I'll be up at 4am. The last two nights I've slept like garbage. Couldn't get to sleep until 2am night before last. A whole whopping four hours. Woohoo. Last night I made myself stay up until 9:30 and then my bf woke me up at 1:30am (he couldn't sleep either, so he took a shower and left EVERY freakin' light on). I couldn't get back to sleep until 4am. Yeah that was f***ed up.

So today has been a bundle of joy needless to say.

I have trouble sleeping on the first three days of my period as well as the night of ovulation. Don't know why. Thankfully sleep deprivation doesn't seem to bother me as much then. Good damn thing.

So when I can sleep normally... I am usually asleep by 10pm and awake by 6am. I need two pillows. And not cheap crappy fiber fill pillows. Currently I have the ones with the foam bits. I start on my right side, lay there for a couple minutes until I'm not comfortable and switch to my left side. It doesn't take long to fall asleep.

I like to have the radio. The white noise helps. No light. I have "the cave" - dark block out curtains on the windows. If there is light - I wake up or just don't fall asleep. I'm a terrible napper just because of that.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 01:06:01
It's a mix of things for Falling asleep.

But for falling Back asleep in the middle of the night after tossing and turning, or peeing, or getting woken up by either the damn dog or a damn family member ... I usually start counting.

If I actually get up, I find the first position I crash back down in is the most comfortable. If I try to twitch and turn to "adjust" too much, it just gets worse. So I know there are a few "favorite" positions that I crash too and just Let It Be.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#9New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 01:30:04
For falling asleep: sheers closed, drapes open a smidgen in the middle and on the right side. Sometimes radio on kinda soft, but loud enough for me to hear it. Start with two king size pillows, adjust them. Adjust two smaller pillows near my head until everything is just right. A medium size throw pillow to rest my forearm and elbow on. I place a smaller thicker pillow nearby in case I need to place it between my legs/knees to quickly alleviate any other pain or discomfort that may occur later. *** I start off on my right side, but often during the night I may end up flat on my back, or on my left side. Whatever works to keep me most comfortable.

To get me back to sleep, I go over positive things that happened that day and if time permits I think positively about what's in store for me the next day.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#10New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 01:31:44
@DuLu Said
To get me back to sleep, I go over positive things that happened that day and if time permits I think positively about what's in store for me the next day.

I like that. I think I should try that.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#11New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 01:38:45
It really works, at least for me.

Much easier to fall asleep, or even back to asleep, with relaxed muscles - perhaps even a smile on your face. More difficult when you're tense and fixated, brewing or stewing over things.

@LuckyCharms Said

I like that. I think I should try that.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 03:09:50
@LuckyCharms Said

I'll watch some videos or post a bit.

I'd kill or die for some sleep right now but I can't go to bed yet or I'll be up at 4am. The last two nights I've slept like garbage. Couldn't get to sleep until 2am night before last. A whole whopping four hours. Woohoo. Last night I made myself stay up until 9:30 and then my bf woke me up at 1:30am (he couldn't sleep either, so he took a shower and left EVERY freakin' light on). I couldn't get back to sleep until 4am. Yeah that was f***ed up.

So today has been a bundle of joy needless to say.

I have trouble sleeping on the first three days of my period as well as the night of ovulation. Don't know why. Thankfully sleep deprivation doesn't seem to bother me as much then. Good damn thing.

So when I can sleep normally... I am usually asleep by 10pm and awake by 6am. I need two pillows. And not cheap crappy fiber fill pillows. Currently I have the ones with the foam bits. I start on my right side, lay there for a couple minutes until I'm not comfortable and switch to my left side. It doesn't take long to fall asleep.

I like to have the radio. The white noise helps. No light. I have "the cave" - dark block out curtains on the windows. If there is light - I wake up or just don't fall asleep. I'm a terrible napper just because of that.

I have to ask how to you sleep like garbage. you go to your garbage sleep on them. the next day, the trashmen wake you up and tell you to jump in.

I was kidding. another quote is stupid is " I slept like a log ". you want have termites biting you and eating up your insides. then animals sitting on your face and body.

the worst thing, you are sleeping like a log. all sudden. one night, a green frog with a bango in his hand climb on top of you and singing to you. " is not easy to be green ".

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 03:26:04
when I sleep in my bed, I can sleep on my back without turn to my side, sometime, I feel comfortable that way.

I sleep with three regular pillows on top each other because my allergy. I normally sleep on either side with one of my hand under the pillows.

about 20 to 25 years ago, I started to sleep with a pillow in between my legs. I had a bad habit before, when bend my legs and sleep on both of them together.

that I had problems bend my knees had was in a lot of pain straight them out. I had problems walking for awhile without being in pain.

I can sleep off and on, depend I need to use the can at night. in a good night sleep between five or six hours a night. then there are nights, that fall sleep for 20 minutes to an hour.

then I can't sleep, I have to watch tv and go on the forum or something on the computer while watching tv to fall sleep. it could take me 20 to an hour, to get tired enough to go back to bed.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 03:48:33
when in 6 grade, my class when on a week outing. that other school 6 grade district get together combination to big camp out for a week. whatever it was called back then, it was boring.

what I learned that in a class that give different lesson in school material in outdoors.

to learn to relax at night to fall a sleep. to laid in your bed. staring with your toes. to think and focus at your toes. to tell your mind to tell your toes to fall sleep.

then you do each toe, each foot , each legs to relax and sleep, to go your eyes ball and you should be sleeping.

a couple times or at least that week, it actually work for me.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#15New Post! Aug 25, 2016 @ 04:48:21
I always sleep on my right side, but spend a little bit on my left side reading something every night. Anyway I change positions, take off the glasses, snuggle under three blankets, pillow under my left leg, read a little (or post here on my phone, plug it in, check sleepy time for a full sleep cycle alarm time, set my alarm. Then I put the phone on my nightstand, wiggle my toes, cover my head and settle in.

Most of the time I can fall asleep. It's the waking up every sleep cycle that gets to me.

Some nights I cheat and use Benadryl, well, I'm also allergic to the world so breathing is important too. I'll stay asleep with Benadryl but the dreams are weird.

Mostly it's the toe wiggle, can't sleep without doing it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs