Sessions doesn't remember...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! Jun 14, 2017 @ 04:44:52
Attorney General Jeff Sessions didn't meet with Russians...or at least doesn't remember whether he did not not.

Sessions:

"I did not have any private meetings, nor do I recall any conversations with any Russian officials at the Mayflower Hotel. I did not attend any meetings at that event separate," Sessions said.

But if he had talked with Kislyak

"It would've been certainly, I can assure you, nothing improper, if I'd had a conversation with him. And it's conceivable that that occurred.

I just don't remember it.
"

Best Attorney General ever.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jun 14, 2017 @ 12:01:45
I can remember meeting some obscure great uncle once when I was ten. He collected stamps.

If I can remember that....

mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Jun 14, 2017 @ 16:42:14
I didn't expect anything less from Sessions.

Either "I don't remember" or "That is information I wish not to expose ... in case (hint, hint, wink wink) The President chooses to impose Executive Privilege"

Kind of like the (four horsemen) before him.
Electric_Banana On about 9 hours ago

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Jun 14, 2017 @ 17:57:50
I'm still not sure how Russians hack ballot boxes

But my immediate supervisor keeps arguing that I'm paranoid to believe that
computer files can be corrupted

So what do I know that our new and improved society of 2017 doesn't?

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Jun 14, 2017 @ 19:26:06
@Electric_Banana Said

It's not that the Russians hacked ballot boxes, it's how they may have gotten help from the Trump team to "influence the election" through propaganda - i.e. hacked e-mails released on Wiki-leaks.

And another angle is if they were colluding with Russia for other reasons (business, money, influence), and does Russia have dirt on any of them that could be used for blackmail.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#6New Post! Jun 14, 2017 @ 20:03:16
@Electric_Banana Said

It isn't just the ballot boxes.

I think the latest stat is that Russian hackers attempted hack into the voter databases of 39 of the 50 states in the USA.

Now....why would anyone want to hack into a voter database? Hmmm....to delete or add voters...maybe.

Then there are the computer systems that house the operating system software for the voting machines (aka ballot boxes). If "you" could hack into the those computers you could install (as an example) an algorithm that modifies a percentage of the votes...not all..not even most....but just enough to not to raise a proverbial eyebrow...for example just enough to help someone win the electoral college vote even it that someone didn't actually win the majority of the votes...

Then there is the hacking and selective leaking of political parties' systems...both sets of systems. Then "you" release some of the data 1st to help the one you like win, but if "he/she" becomes a problem later you release those other emails also.... (mrmhead alluded to this)

Etc. etc.

As is turns out Putin has already admitted that the hacking occurred and was quite probably Russian ("patriotic
Russians), which supports what the U.S. intelligence has stated (both publicly and by way of leaks).

So we actually know the hacking did in fact happen.

We also know that some members of Trump's campaign staff met with Russians in various settings.

We also know that something like 12 or 14 people close to Trump could beat most of us in a game of Six Degrees of Separation from Putin in as little as 1, 2 to 3 degrees.

What "we" don't know is: What is the extent of the Russian hacking and the extent of the interactions between Trump's people and Russian officials?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#7New Post! Jun 15, 2017 @ 05:42:11
Six degrees from Putin is not nearly as fun as six degrees from Kevin bacon.

Sessions was totally trying to cover his ass.
Or he really doesn't have a good memory anymore and is not fit.
Either way it's f***ed up.

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Jun 15, 2017 @ 12:13:39
@DiscordTiger Said

Six degrees from Putin is not nearly as fun as six degrees from Kevin bacon.

Sessions was totally trying to cover his ass.
Or he really doesn't have a good memory anymore and is not fit.
Either way it's f***ed up.

Yes, because now he can say "Well, I testified. What more do you want!?!"
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Jun 15, 2017 @ 12:28:12
@Electric_Banana Said

In Russia, ballot box hacks YOU.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#10New Post! Jun 15, 2017 @ 19:17:32
Sessions did what he was supposed to do: he answered questions truthfully and honestly and he abstained from answering questions he didn't need to. Comey did the same. I don't know why people were expecting anything earth shattering in terms of revelations. They simply were not going to come from these public hearings and wasn't going to be anything more than we already know. I say let Mueller do his job. He will subpoena people to get answers when he needs to, if he needs to. And people should just let the pieces fall where they want to as a result. If it results in impeachment proceedings, so be it, but if it doesn't, is it the end of the world for Democrats? No. In fact, it may be even better, given that Pence would then be in charge otherwise. Democrats need to focus on the issues and the damage that is being done to the American people by GOP lawmakers. THIS will get change in 2018 and 2020. Not impeachment proceedings.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#11New Post! Jun 15, 2017 @ 20:38:35
@Leon Said

Sessions did what he was supposed to do: he answered questions truthfully and honestly and he abstained from answering questions he didn't need to.

I disagree with this. Sessions testified that

1. That he did meet with the Russians
2. That Its conceivable that he did.
3. That he doesn't remember.

Its pretty clear that he wasn't answering truthfully.

@Leon Said

I don't know why people were expecting anything earth shattering in terms of revelations.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never expected any revelations from Sessions of any kind.

Actually Sessions did exactly what I expected him to do...not answer any question with the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Jun 15, 2017 @ 22:57:49
OK, to spread the topic a little, we have:

Sessions:
No, I didn't meet with the Russians.
Well, I meant as a surrogate of Trump
Or it's possible I did
I don't remember

Flynn:
I'll talk for immunity

The Four Horsemen:
I don't feel like answering

Trump:
"Wasn't Me!"
... maybe others, I don't know

and now Pence:
Lawyer Up!

Did I miss any? I'm sure I missed something while I stepped out to piss.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#13New Post! Jun 15, 2017 @ 23:17:19
@Leon Said

Sessions did what he was supposed to do: he answered questions truthfully and honestly and he abstained from answering questions he didn't need to. Comey did the same. I don't know why people were expecting anything earth shattering in terms of revelations. They simply were not going to come from these public hearings and wasn't going to be anything more than we already know. I say let Mueller do his job. He will subpoena people to get answers when he needs to, if he needs to. And people should just let the pieces fall where they want to as a result. If it results in impeachment proceedings, so be it, but if it doesn't, is it the end of the world for Democrats? No. In fact, it may be even better, given that Pence would then be in charge otherwise. Democrats need to focus on the issues and the damage that is being done to the American people by GOP lawmakers. THIS will get change in 2018 and 2020. Not impeachment proceedings.

@chaski Said

I disagree with this. Sessions testified that

1. That he did meet with the Russians

Its pretty clear that he wasn't answering truthfully.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never expected any revelations from Sessions of any kind.

Actually Sessions did exactly what I expected him to do...not answer any question with the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Sorry...typo...should have read:

1. That he did NOTmeet with the Russians

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! Jun 16, 2017 @ 14:51:22
There are reports that Putin has offered Comey asylum if he needs it.

You could almost see Sessions and Flynn in the background, waving their hands - "Me Too! Me Too!!"
Electric_Banana On about 9 hours ago

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Jun 29, 2017 @ 10:54:16
@chaski Said

It isn't just the ballot boxes.

I think the latest stat is that Russian hackers attempted hack into the voter databases of 39 of the 50 states in the USA.

Now....why would anyone want to hack into a voter database? Hmmm....to delete or add voters...maybe.

Then there are the computer systems that house the operating system software for the voting machines (aka ballot boxes). If "you" could hack into the those computers you could install (as an example) an algorithm that modifies a percentage of the votes...not all..not even most....but just enough to not to raise a proverbial eyebrow...for example just enough to help someone win the electoral college vote even it that someone didn't actually win the majority of the votes...

Then there is the hacking and selective leaking of political parties' systems...both sets of systems. Then "you" release some of the data 1st to help the one you like win, but if "he/she" becomes a problem later you release those other emails also.... (mrmhead alluded to this)

Etc. etc.

As is turns out Putin has already admitted that the hacking occurred and was quite probably Russian ("patriotic
Russians), which supports what the U.S. intelligence has stated (both publicly and by way of leaks).

So we actually know the hacking did in fact happen.

We also know that some members of Trump's campaign staff met with Russians in various settings.

We also know that something like 12 or 14 people close to Trump could beat most of us in a game of Six Degrees of Separation from Putin in as little as 1, 2 to 3 degrees.

What "we" don't know is: What is the extent of the Russian hacking and the extent of the interactions between Trump's people and Russian officials?

I don't know about all that'; I wouldn't trust votes anywhere near a digital system with a modem.
And to jeopardize the machine directly would suggest the Russians weren't operating out of Russia.

Awhile back a friend linked me a series of threads on 4chan featuring a few guys pretending to be intelligence rambling on, out of character, about the Clinton's as if they were organized crimmies.

I suspect, what's happened, is what has always happened throughout time: people trusted social media, media, words of others rather than making the effort to investigate themselves.

America just proved itself very easy to lead and most likely led by it's own hackers; the 'Russian' suggestion just to drive the joke home harder.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs